BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm guessing Rovers tried to sign Pickering before the clause in Douglas's contract expired (with the intention of sending Douglas packing) but couldn't get the Pickering deal done.  Sharpe has then been informed of the dealings after the event and written the story. 

I figured the same, I was just pointing out how far off the pulse his finger is. But at least he seems to have extracted it from Mowbray's arse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I figured the same, I was just pointing out how far off the pulse his finger is. But at least he seems to have extracted it from Mowbray's arse.

I don't mind Sharpe, at least he wrote that article the other day essentially slagging off Mowbray's side. He has to maintain club relationships for his job but I think he gets the dissatisfaction and can see the failings.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I don't mind Sharpe, at least he wrote that article the other day essentially slagging off Mowbray's side. He has to maintain club relationships for his job but I think he gets the dissatisfaction and can see the failings.

Peter White wouldn't have put up with Mowbray treating the club like he does.

• Like 5

I'm guessing Rovers tried to sign Pickering before the clause in Douglas's contract expired (with the intention of sending Douglas packing) but couldn't get the Pickering deal done.  Sharpe has then been informed of the dealings after the event and written the story. 

I'd have still sent Douglas back. We have Bell and Downing for the moment.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd have still sent Douglas back. We have Bell and Downing for the moment.

Dear God. Downing's legs have absolutely gone. No chance he can be at left back. We should never have signed him.

Douglas isn't great, but played well at right back the other day and I'd versatile.

Has any defender been consistently good under this manager? 

Tosin was good but has since shown he was probably too good for us. Cunningham for a spell before he got injured.

Amazing how all the rest end up rubbish even when they arrive here with good reputations from elsewhere.

Perhaps there's another reason for it. Maybe the penny will drop upstairs sooner or later. We'll probably work our way through another dozen defensive scapegoats before then costing the club millions until Mowbray has nowhere left to hide.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Has any defender been consistently good under this manager? 

Tosin was good but has since shown he was probably too good for us. Cunningham for a spell before he got injured.

Amazing how all the rest end up rubbish even when they arrive here with good reputations from elsewhere.

Perhaps there's another reason for it. Maybe the penny will drop upstairs sooner or later. We'll probably work our way through another dozen defensive scapegoats before then costing the club millions until Mowbray has nowhere left to hide.

I think the problem is he decided to spend £12m on two forwards ,(probably worth, at best half that - and even less now,) rather than spending money on defence. Beyond Bell, struggle to think of defenders he has spent money on.

2 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I think the problem is he decided to spend £12m on two forwards ,(probably worth, at best half that - and even less now,) rather than spending money on defence. Beyond Bell, struggle to think of defenders he has spent money on.

That's probably part of the problem but not one we should be surprised with. As a manager he's always focused on the top end of the pitch rather than the back and this has ultimately been his downfall in all previous jobs including Coventry.

I also doubt that those funds would have been sanctioned by the owners if they were instead being spent on a couple of experienced centre halves.

I just think this manager neglects the defence, always has, always will, and some of the things I've heard from his career in terms of defensive organisation and coaching tally with this.

As I said yesterday with a negligent approach and attitude to defence, staggering for an ex CB who has had the same issues elsewhere in his managerial career and hasn't learned from them, then it matters not what personnel he puts out. There's a limit to what the best in the world could do if the coaching and tactics aren't right.

Put Allardyce or most Championship managers in charge of Douglas-Ayala-Lenihan-Nyambe and you'd concede a hell of a lot less than we do. Likewise we wouldn't have ended up playing two midfielders in there.

That would be the extraction from arse I referred to. I don't mind him either (terrible command of the language, mind, but good analysis and output rate) and understand why he has been up TM's arse too, but up his arse he has nevertheless been until recently.

32 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That would be the extraction from arse I referred to. I don't mind him either (terrible command of the language, mind, but good analysis and output rate) and understand why he has been up TM's arse too, but up his arse he has nevertheless been until recently.

Yes, his writing is eccentric to say the least! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I hope we go back in for Pickering later in the window and get the deal done. Perfect sense deal for us. Young, British, and will develop here. Get it done Mowbray..

I expect Trybull to have to loan spell cut short for us after reading Sharpe's article today. 

Not if he is only costing us £2K per week- cheap at the price. 

• Like 2

Interesting to read that we've only been paying about 10% of Trybull's wage which is a staggering £22,000 a week at Norwich (according to Sharpe/Rovers). 

That takes some believing given Norwich are financially sensible and quite well run and Trybull joined them in the Championship after a nomadic career.

But even if true it confirms my suspicions that on many of these loans - Reed, Palmer, Tosin, Trybull, Elliott - we aren't spending anywhere near what some might think and are picking these lads up at the end of the transfer window on low cost short term deals.

I suppose the big question is who has leaked this £22k per week / 10% contribution story to Richard Sharpe and to what end?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Interesting to read that we've only been paying about 10% of Trybull's wage which is a staggering £22,000 a week at Norwich (according to Sharpe/Rovers). 

That takes some believing given Norwich are financially sensible and quite well run and Trybull joined them in the Championship after a nomadic career.

But even if true it confirms my suspicions that on many of these loans - Reed, Palmer, Tosin, Trybull, Elliott - we aren't spending anywhere near what some might think and are picking these lads up at the end of the transfer window on low cost short term deals.

I suppose the big question is who has leaked this £22k per week / 10% contribution story to Richard Sharpe and to what end?

IMO it is the club publicising our wage expectations for future loans - and possibly to set Crewe's expectations.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I hope we go back in for Pickering later in the window and get the deal done. Perfect sense deal for us. Young, British, and will develop here. Get it done Mowbray..

I expect Trybull to have to loan spell cut short for us after reading Sharpe's article today. 

Chaddy the article literally says he's going to stay for the Duration of the season.....

38 minutes ago, JHRover said:

He explains where the story has come from

Screenshot_2021-01-12-16-14-48-817_com.android.chrome.jpg