BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

is anyone anything other than totally non plussed regarding the potential loan sign of a kid who has played 13 senior appearances in his his career?

Is he going to make a major difference in helping a manager who seems unable and unwiling to focus on keeping clean sheets to suddenly start keeping the goals out as a sole change? Unconvinced.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

is anyone anything other than totally non plussed regarding the potential loan sign of a kid who has played 13 senior appearances in his his career?

Is he going to make a major difference in helping a manager who seems unable and unwiling to focus on keeping clean sheets to suddenly start keeping the goals out as a sole change? Unconvinced.

Not convinced at all tbh. Sure, we need numbers back there but it wont solve the problems we have at the back even with our fully fit defenders.

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Whether he an defend is secondary - Tony sees Branthwaite as the new Ronald Koeman, and Rovers the new Barca.  

21 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Not convinced at all tbh. Sure, we need numbers back there but it wont solve the problems we have at the back even with our fully fit defenders.

18 yr old kid at CB.  Yet TM was unwilling to play our 19/20/21 yr olds as not physically ready.  

You couldn't make it up.  Literally, the only 18 yr old I can think of making any impact at a decent level is Rio Ferdinand.  

*Although I suppose you could throw Phil Jones in there.

Kid's going to have to be something special or he'll sit on the bench whilst Johnson carries on.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Now back to actually Blackburn Rovers transfer news

Well that smacks of “someone to push the lads” rather than an actual first teamer.

Project Mediocrity rumbles on for another season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Save yourself a weekend of annoyance and ten quid a game. Get some Netflix and take a Sunday walk. Much better for the mind.

15 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

Save yourself a weekend of annoyance and ten quid a game. Get some Netflix and take a Sunday walk. Much better for the mind.

Sounds like you are in the wrong place sir. 

I'll certainly be paying my £10. Am glad the Venks have kept supporting us in these troubled times. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Sounds like you are in the wrong place sir. 

I'll certainly be paying my £10. Am glad the Venks have kept supporting us in these troubled times. 

I didn’t see you making comment to what I replied too? Not that there’s anything wrong with it but a strange post given I didn’t even mention the venkys. 

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

The Everton loan signing just doesn’t get me going at all. Not going up, not going down, developing others youngsters which we won’t get the benefit from. Pointless 

He looked like a player from the games i saw at the end of last season im more than happy to be bringing him in

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I say this yet again I will leave judgement of the player until he has actually played a few games for us. I hope he works out for us, for the good of Blackburn Rovers, not the manager.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

The Everton loan signing just doesn’t get me going at all. Not going up, not going down, developing others youngsters which we won’t get the benefit from. Pointless 

Reality is we are going to struggle to do much better then this at this stage of the season.

Was criminal not to sign another CB last summer.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

And you are being generous.

9 at some level for Carlisle plus 4 at Everton - being 24 minutes in an EFL game and 3 games in PL 2 

Then again I've not seen him play and at least he's tall so I take that as a positive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevenSK said:

Good advice - I will be having either a bike ride or a good walk on Sunday. However on Saturday afternoon I’ll be busy watching Rovers.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, only2garners said:

Good advice - I will be having either a bike ride or a good walk on Sunday. However on Saturday afternoon I’ll be busy watching Rovers.

I'll be listening on radio Lancs. Although Kevin Gallagher talks some drivel at times.

16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

And you are being generous.

9 at some level for Carlisle plus 4 at Everton - being 24 minutes in an EFL game and 3 games in PL 2 

Then again I've not seen him play and at least he's tall so I take that as a positive.

I'm sorry am I reading that right? He has only played 3 games for their u23s? For an u23 team that are 6 places below our u23 team?

Really hoping we can chalk that up to being involved with the first team squad, which I'm aware he has a bit, so not being made to play u23 football much. I don't want to have to chalk it off to injury as...well we know about our injury problems in defence. Either way though he might be lacking a bit of match sharpness, and we know how long Tony takes to bed people in, especially if there is a sniff of a fitness issue. (Unless they're carrying some sort of injury and then they can have at it)

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sorry am I reading that right? He has only played 3 games for their u23s? For an u23 team that are 6 places below our u23 team?

Really hoping we can chalk that up to being involved with the first team squad, which I'm aware he has a bit, so not being made to play u23 football much. I don't want to have to chalk it off to injury as...well we know about our injury problems in defence. Either way though he might be lacking a bit of match sharpness, and we know how long Tony takes to bed people in, especially if there is a sniff of a fitness issue. (Unless they're carrying some sort of injury and then they can have at it)

On further research it appears he made an appearance for Everton v Villa in July 2020 - maybe he made others last season?

He did get a good write up for the game v Villa

He has been on the Everton bench as an unused sub 4 times this season

Transfrmkt not always accurate it seems!

Edit: Braithwaite made 4 consecutive appearances for Everton in the PL at the end of last season. I think I may have eventually got it right! By all accounts he showed well.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2