BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

Sick of his bullshit now. Who's fault is it, that after 4 years at the club we have one decent full back(whom I might add he has a tendancy to not play as often as he should). Who's fault is it that the few central defenders we have are crocks or kids. Who's fault is it that we are overrun with midfielders, some of whom I imagine can't get a game in training on occasion. At least not in there preferred position, so will probably have to play defence anyway or double up as a cone being as they are surplus to requirements. Why can't he just fuck off!! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Who looks like being driven out of the club by the manager.  No news on his new deal as yet.....🙄

Sparks I get angrier each passing day with this moron. I sometimes wonder if he's trying to get sacked but then he starts brown nosing the owners. 

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think McCarthy would fit Cardiff like a glove. Last two managers Warnock and Harris both of which use similar styles to McCarthy. They aren't a side or squad used to playing pretty passing football.

A very shrewd appointment. 

He's in the bracket with Warnock, Hughton and Bruce where everywhere he goes in the Championship he will quickly organise and improve teams even on a tight budget. Sort the defence out and go from there. What he could do with our squad plus a couple of reliable defenders.

Would be ideal for us but sadly we think we're a mini Barcelona with a manager incapable of getting it to work. So instead we go around in circles asking 'who would we replace him with?' 

Well there's one name going elsewhere. 

Agree, McCarthy a better bet for success for us than Mowbray.  Ask Ipswich fans how happy they are for hounding him out.

23 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think McCarthy would fit Cardiff like a glove. Last two managers Warnock and Harris both of which use similar styles to McCarthy. They aren't a side or squad used to playing pretty passing football.

A very shrewd appointment. 

He's in the bracket with Warnock, Hughton and Bruce where everywhere he goes in the Championship he will quickly organise and improve teams even on a tight budget. Sort the defence out and go from there. What he could do with our squad plus a couple of reliable defenders.

Would be ideal for us but sadly we think we're a mini Barcelona with a manager incapable of getting it to work. So instead we go around in circles asking 'who would we replace him with?' 

Well there's one name going elsewhere. 

I find the sacking of Harris a strange one considering they allowed him to sign a couple of his transfer targets only 2 or 3 days before his sacking? 

I don't think McCarthy style or tactics suits our current squad at all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I find the sacking of Harris a strange one considering they allowed him to sign a couple of his transfer targets only 2 or 3 days before his sacking? 

I'm not sure Mowbrays style or tactics suit our squad given recent results and performances to be fair. 

• Like 4

Its this bizarre logic that certain managers can only play certain styles of play. As if a manager with such experience would come in to Rovers with Armstrong and Dack and launch long balls to him all game.

Its also this stuck up attitude towards playing certain styles of play. Im not saying that direct football is necessarily more entertaining or even effective, my point is that there is no right or wrong way but Dyche gets pelters for his style and even without understanding the imbalance in resources, you get the press fawning over teams like Brighton who try to pass it out from the back, often have 3 or even 4 centre backs in the side and dont even score as many goals.

Mowbray tactically is trying to do something based on flawed principles whereby he wants certain parts of the team to do things they are incapable of doing and in a way which also exposes a part of the team that he has already neglected. This is all based on the correlation between possession and points which he has overestimated. At least a manager like McCarthy would bring clarity and clear and consistent ideas. Lately we have repeatedly changed, going from 433, maybe to 4231 then this stupid box midfield nonsense and even with a false 9 in the cup, its desperate.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Neither does Mowbrays.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its this bizarre logic that certain managers can only play certain styles of play. As if a manager with such experience would come in to Rovers with Armstrong and Dack and launch long balls to him all game.

Its also this stuck up attitude towards playing certain styles of play. Im not saying that direct football is necessarily more entertaining or even effective, my point is that there is no right or wrong way but Dyche gets pelters for his style and even without understanding the imbalance in resources, you get the press fawning over teams like Brighton who try to pass it out from the back, often have 3 or even 4 centre backs in the side and dont even score as many goals.

Mowbray tactically is trying to do something based on flawed principles whereby he wants certain parts of the team to do things they are incapable of doing and in a way which also exposes a part of the team that he has already neglected. This is all based on the correlation between possession and points which he has overestimated. At least a manager like McCarthy would bring clarity and clear and consistent ideas. Lately we have repeatedly changed, going from 433, maybe to 4231 then this stupid box midfield nonsense and even with a false 9 in the cup, its desperate.

would you want to watch Dyche or McCarthy type of football regular basis and do you agree that type of football has a certain shelf life before fans get bore of it and depend a change of style? 

Look at Hughes and the job he did at Rovers and change style to more attacking style over time and signed excellent players whilst on a limited Budget. He proved it can be done on a limited budget. Or Rodgers at Swansea 

I like watching Southampton play and I have been very impress by Ralph Hassenhuntl there. His style of football is good and enjoyable to watch. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

would you want to watch Dyche or McCarthy type of football regular basis and do you agree that type of football has a certain shelf life before fans get bore of it and depend a change of style? 

Look at Hughes and the job he did at Rovers and change style to more attacking style over time and signed excellent players whilst on a limited Budget. He proved it can be done on a limited budget. Or Rodgers at Swansea 

I like watching Southampton play and I have been very impress by Ralph Hassenhuntl there. His style of football is good and enjoyable to watch. 

No I dont. Dyche is the perfect example of a more pragmatic style NOT having a shelf life depending on how it is played. I also find watching Burnley (dislike of them aside) with 2 wingers and 2 forwards more entertaining that watching the likes of Brighton who are like watching paint dry.

Many football fans seem to have lost track of the overall objective of a football match and the latest fads are goalkeepers passing it out and bringing it out from the back. But every team cannot play like that. There is somewhat of a re writing of history regarding the Hughes era. Our defenders were well drilled but hardly the most cultured, our goalkeeper wasnt for playing it out from the back and we tended to have 2 wide players with good deliveries into 2 forwards. We had flair within with the likes of Tugay and Bentley but we built on being well organised and structured. 

I of course would rather be entertained but I have never not been entertained by watching Rovers win and I also dont think that the only form of entertainment is the one set style that seems to be in vogue at the moment.

Also, at the moment, Mowbrays football is neither effective nor entertaining.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

would you want to watch Dyche or McCarthy type of football regular basis

and do you agree that type of football has a certain shelf life before fans get bore of it and depend a change of style? 

Football that gets you promoted and keeps you there? Nah, let’s keep going like we are.

A certain type of football fan gets bored of it.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you seen our style of late, it's boring as anything I've seen before.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Have you seen our style of late, it's boring as anything I've seen before.

Its embarrassing is what it is. 

Mowbray has made a couple of comments in the past, those being:

That he doesn't put too much stock in formations.

And

We are an attacking team not a defending one.

It's not difficult to see why we often end up as a disorganised mess on the field and why we concede goals at an alarming rate.

He wants to play football "the right way", when there is no right way to play football. I would argue our football and our results would improve if we have a good structure, a more solid defensive base to build on and high work rate.

The rest would take care of itself.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

A bit rich!

IMO, in the main, Mowbray has churned out absolutely dire football - his footballing philosophy is a myth.

I would watch a Dyche team every day of the week over a Mowbray team because I knew the team would know what they were doing and it would be successful!

IMO, Mowbray's football, in the main, is both ugly and unsuccessful.  He failed to keep us up, as he was appointed to, and since returning to the Championship we've stood still as evidenced by our league position, points tally and distance from play offs at this stage of the season in each of the three seasons we've been back.

I think it's a feckin awful journey Mowbray has taken us on - stop the train, I want to get off to be sick.

• Like 8

Before you get into the matter of coupling managers together assuming they play the exact same style. Its a totally bizarre statement to suggest that the "style" of a manager who is in his 8th or 9th season having done such an incredible job to get Burnley promoted twice, into Europe and into the top 10 of the Premier League again amidst keeping them stable as a Premier League club has a shelf life. Laughable.

• Like 1