• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Branthwaite is the sort of 'back to reality' signing we're used to here after talk about Whiteman and Pickering (Christ, players from Crewe and Doncaster are now out of our reach).  Short term ch

He’s probably fed up of being sent to Middlesbrough every week.

Doesn't matter who is in defence. What matters is who is in the dugout.  

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

would you want to watch Dyche or McCarthy type of football regular basis

and do you agree that type of football has a certain shelf life before fans get bore of it and depend a change of style? 

Football that gets you promoted and keeps you there? Nah, let’s keep going like we are.

A certain type of football fan gets bored of it.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

would you want to watch Dyche or McCarthy type of football regular basis and do you agree that type of football has a certain shelf life before fans get bore of it and depend a change of style? 

Look at Hughes and the job he did at Rovers and change style to more attacking style over time and signed excellent players whilst on a limited Budget. He proved it can be done on a limited budget. Or Rodgers at Swansea 

I like watching Southampton play and I have been very impress by Ralph Hassenhuntl there. His style of football is good and enjoyable to watch. 

Have you seen our style of late, it's boring as anything I've seen before.

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Have you seen our style of late, it's boring as anything I've seen before.

Its embarrassing is what it is. 

Mowbray has made a couple of comments in the past, those being:

That he doesn't put too much stock in formations.

And

We are an attacking team not a defending one.

It's not difficult to see why we often end up as a disorganised mess on the field and why we concede goals at an alarming rate.

He wants to play football "the right way", when there is no right way to play football. I would argue our football and our results would improve if we have a good structure, a more solid defensive base to build on and high work rate.

The rest would take care of itself.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

would you want to watch Dyche or McCarthy type of football regular basis and do you agree that type of football has a certain shelf life before fans get bore of it and depend a change of style? 

Look at Hughes and the job he did at Rovers and change style to more attacking style over time and signed excellent players whilst on a limited Budget. He proved it can be done on a limited budget. Or Rodgers at Swansea 

I like watching Southampton play and I have been very impress by Ralph Hassenhuntl there. His style of football is good and enjoyable to watch. 

A bit rich!

IMO, in the main, Mowbray has churned out absolutely dire football - his footballing philosophy is a myth.

I would watch a Dyche team every day of the week over a Mowbray team because I knew the team would know what they were doing and it would be successful!

IMO, Mowbray's football, in the main, is both ugly and unsuccessful.  He failed to keep us up, as he was appointed to, and since returning to the Championship we've stood still as evidenced by our league position, points tally and distance from play offs at this stage of the season in each of the three seasons we've been back.

I think it's a feckin awful journey Mowbray has taken us on - stop the train, I want to get off to be sick.

Before you get into the matter of coupling managers together assuming they play the exact same style. Its a totally bizarre statement to suggest that the "style" of a manager who is in his 8th or 9th season having done such an incredible job to get Burnley promoted twice, into Europe and into the top 10 of the Premier League again amidst keeping them stable as a Premier League club has a shelf life. Laughable.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Years ago Charlton fans got "bored" with Alan Curbishley keeping them mid-table in the Prem and look where they are now. Same with our fans who were bored with Sam keeping us in the top league.

I've never in 50 years plus gone to watch Rovers wanting to be "entertained". I want to see us win - full stop. 

I find this argument quite ridiculous. I'd have the likes of Dyche or Sam or Warnock at Ewood tomorrow. 

39 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Years ago Charlton fans got "bored" with Alan Curbishley keeping them mid-table in the Prem and look where they are now. Same with our fans who were bored with Sam keeping us in the top league.

I've never in 50 years plus gone to watch Rovers wanting to be "entertained". I want to see us win - full stop. 

I find this argument quite ridiculous. I'd have the likes of Dyche or Sam or Warnock at Ewood tomorrow. 

You got bored of John Williams, probably the best chairman we've ever had, you wanted him sacked.

Look where we are now.....

I'd have him back tomorrow, to get rid of him was quite ridiculous. 

Edited by Gav