BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

Oh right! We won't need a left-back then?

Good news about the pitch but I didn't realise it was going to be rooted out as an excuse evrytime weaned something else.

If we can only tackle Rovers' Problems one at a time, we're going nowhere are we?

I think that there was a hint of sarcasm in Ghost's reply, and the pitch was not meant to be taken as an excuse.

56 minutes ago, 47er said:

Re Harry Pickering, as I read it they want £60000 for him and we have offered £400000 and quite likely he'll go somewhere else.

I've never seen him so I don't know how good he is or not but if Rovers think he's a good'un and he's only 21 and he plays in a position where we need somebody, why are we baulking at £200000? Its small change these days.

Can't the owners see that they will make money from him one way or another---either the preferred way where he helps us get promotion or resale later on? Dumb.

Really surprised they turned it down then! 😉

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rigger said:

I think that there was a hint of sarcasm in Ghost's reply, and the pitch was not meant to be taken as an excuse.

Correct. We will hear that excuse a lot in the summer, might as well get the ball rolling now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blue&WhiteArmy said:

Not sure if it means anything but no Cedric Kipre in the West Brom Squad tonight 🤷🏻‍♂️

8 hours ago, Ulrich said:

It probably just means that big Sam thinks he's pants haha. 

And Big Sam's judgment on defenders these days is infallible and trustworthy..?? Oh, hang on... West Brom 0 - Man Citeh 5

Look, this lad Kipre did a fine enough job at this level to merit a well established Premier League set up to take a punt on him - I say he is probably kicking himself about having been frozen out without having had any real chance of proving himself at Prem level, and would probably jump at the chance of regular game time here, if offered a way out of his frozen nightmare.

So what if the Fat Gum Chewer doesn't like him? We, on the other hand, still need reinforcements in our defensive ranks if we are to progress. Get him in. @notfookingrocketscience.com giphy.gif

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

And Big Sam's judgment on defenders these days is infallible and trustworthy..?? Oh, hang on... West Brom 0 - Man Citeh 5

Look, this lad Kipre did a fine enough job at this level to merit a well established Premier League set up to take a punt on him - I say he is probably kicking himself about having been frozen out without having had any real chance of proving himself at Prem level, and would probably jump at the chance of regular game time here, if offered a way out of his frozen nightmare.

So what if the Fat Gum Chewer doesn't like him? We, on the other hand, still need reinforcements in our defensive ranks if we are to progress. Get him in. @notfookingrocketscience.com giphy.gif

Or maybe he just isn't that good? Hence why Bilic and now Big Sam don't fancy him 

55 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Or maybe he just isn't that good? Hence why Bilic and now Big Sam don't fancy him 

More likely to be that he isn't quite the quality expected at the highest level, and was brought in as back up by the previous manager. Their rush of blood does provide us with an opportunity though, which I am surprised we haven't moved to take advantage of, particularly as we could get the player in on loan, give him game time and see if he is capable without the risk of a long term commitment...

9 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Look, this lad Kipre did a fine enough job at this level to merit a well established Premier League set up to take a punt on him - 

? Wouldn't say west brom are well established premier league club. Thought it came out after bilic left that he wasn't his signing.

33 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

More likely to be that he isn't quite the quality expected at the highest level, and was brought in as back up by the previous manager. Their rush of blood does provide us with an opportunity though, which I am surprised we haven't moved to take advantage of, particularly as we could get the player in on loan, give him game time and see if he is capable without the risk of a long term commitment...

He must be well off it if he can't make the bench for this WBA team. They are shipping goals left, right and center 

I dont get why anyone would judge a player and his suitability as a Championship player based on his exclusion from a Premier League team rather than his impressive performances as a Championship defender regularly helping his side to win clean sheets.

I suspect that there is still some resentment that he made the very understandable choice to choose to play at a higher level on double the money.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont get why anyone would judge a player and his suitability as a Championship player based on his exclusion from a Premier League team rather than his impressive performances as a Championship defender regularly helping his side to win clean sheets.

I suspect that there is still some resentment that he made the very understandable choice to choose to play at a higher level on double the money.

Or maybe he just had a decent run of it at Wigan. Who knows. There is a reason why he isn't getting a look in there. They are shipping goals. 

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Or maybe he just had a decent run of it at Wigan. Who knows. There is a reason why he isn't getting a look in there. They are shipping goals. 

Well yeah, but surely the time when he did play, at this level, and regularly impressed is more relevant than any conclusions that can be gathered from not playing in the Premier League.

If anything, surely the likes of Semi Ajayi who actually are playing in teams that are conceding 4 and 5 goals at a time would warrant more criticism and even then, at Championship level he is a very competent centre back.

West Brom have a surplus of centre backs, they have Ajayi as mentioned, a very good Championship centre back, Dara O'Shea who is a younger player who seems to have gone straight into the team this season, they sold Hegazi which angered Bilic mid season but he again is a good Championship centre back, Branislav Ivanovic who is obviously a very experienced defender at Premier League player, Kyle Bartley, yet another experienced Championship centre back and of course Kipre whose regular inclusion was a big part of Wigan keeping so many clean sheets in the second half of last season. Ultimately I am not convinced that any are Premier League quality (in Ivanovics case at his age) but quite a few are top end Championship centre backs.

• Like 1