BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

8 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Financial plans. He's hardly going to come and play in the Championship if he's got a couple of years of Prem money left on his contract. 

Would he be on 'that' much though? Wigan were hardly likely to be paying him much as he is still relatively young and they picked him up from Motherwell. It was his first contract there and had one more year to run when WBA swooped in. 

I would have put him in 10k per week bracket (perhaps even less) at Wigan. WBA are hardly going to have whacked him on huge wages - just enough to beat what we offered and the chance at PL football. They would have known they are likely to struggle in the PL so doubtful they would whack the kid on a 4-year contract at obscene wages.

Even if WBA would have doubled it, it wouldn't put him on any amount we would scoff at considering what we pay SG and some of our top earners. He may have to take a slight drop if he wants a better chance at playing games but we wouldn't be talking huge amounts. 

End of day, he can either sit it out on slightly better wages hoping to get a shot in the team at PL level or likely back in the Championship next season - or move on now and get a shot straight away. 

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Would he be on 'that' much though? Wigan were hardly likely to be paying him much as he is still relatively young and they picked him up from Motherwell. It was his first contract there and had one more year to run when WBA swooped in. 

I would have put him in 10k per week bracket (perhaps even less) at Wigan. WBA are hardly going to have whacked him on huge wages - just enough to beat what we offered and the chance at PL football. They would have known they are likely to struggle in the PL so doubtful they would whack the kid on a 4-year contract at obscene wages.

Even if WBA would have doubled it, it wouldn't put him on any amount we would scoff at considering what we pay SG and some of our top earners. He may have to take a slight drop if he wants a better chance at playing games but we wouldn't be talking huge amounts. 

End of day, he can either sit it out on slightly better wages hoping to get a shot in the team at PL level or likely back in the Championship next season - or move on now and get a shot straight away. 

Rovers transfer latest as Everton & West Brom defenders linked | Lancashire Telegraph

Cedric Kipre, a summer transfer target for Rovers, has been mooted as being a possible addition this month, however the Premier League club are expected to warrant the majority of his salary to be covered to give them wiggle room in the market as they battle against the drop.

Rovers would only be able to offer up to half of the Ivorian’s Hawthorns salary, which is ruling out any possible move this month, as things stand.

15 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rovers transfer latest as Everton & West Brom defenders linked | Lancashire Telegraph

Cedric Kipre, a summer transfer target for Rovers, has been mooted as being a possible addition this month, however the Premier League club are expected to warrant the majority of his salary to be covered to give them wiggle room in the market as they battle against the drop.

Rovers would only be able to offer up to half of the Ivorian’s Hawthorns salary, which is ruling out any possible move this month, as things stand.

Sounds more like we are unwilling to pay most of the guys wages for a loan move. I would not say that necessarily means we cannot afford it - just more that WBA are taking the piss. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Sounds more like we are unwilling to pay most of the guys wages for a loan move. I would not say that necessarily means we cannot afford it - just more that WBA are taking the piss. 

I wish the Rovers would come out with statements along the lines of: Yes we are interested in (certain players), but we are only going to sign deals that are to the benefit of Blackburn Rovers.( Even if it's bullshit, at least it's positive bullshit).

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I'm not sure asking for half the wages is taking the piss. Apparently he's on 18k and they want a 9k contribution. Probably explains why we went for Branthwaite instead. Hopefully money is found for permanent signings, but I doubt theyll be on 18k pw if we do sign them. Pickering won't get anywhere near that here. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm not sure asking for half the wages is taking the piss. Apparently he's on 18k and they want a 9k contribution. Probably explains why we went for Branthwaite instead. Hopefully money is found for permanent signings, but I doubt theyll be on 18k pw if we do sign them. Pickering won't get anywhere near that here. 

My take on that quote is that we are willing to pay half his wages (9k if you are correct) but WBA want more than that (ie majority) - so WBA are taking the piss if they want the majority of his 18k per week salary paid considering he doesn't even get in their squad half the time let alone on the bench and they want him out on loan.

We can find 18k+ per week when signing strikers (wingers?). Dack would be on more than that, Evans is on about that (sickening) and Mulgrew I doubt is far off. We could bring Kipre in at that sort of price once Mulgrew is off the wage bill. Id be looking at a loan with a view to perm.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

My take on that quote is that we are willing to pay half his wages (9k if you are correct) but WBA want more than that (ie majority) - so WBA are taking the piss if they want the majority of his 18k per week salary paid considering he doesn't even get in their squad half the time let alone on the bench and they want him out on loan.

We can find 18k+ per week when signing strikers (wingers?). Dack would be on more than that, Evans is on about that (sickening) and Mulgrew I doubt is far off. We could bring Kipre in at that sort of price once Mulgrew is off the wage bill. Id be looking at a loan with a view to perm.  

Yeah, I misread it. They want close to the 18k. That figure came from another article I read but can't find it. It's hard to know what our top earners are currently on. Apparently Football Manager is the place to look. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

I wish the Rovers would come out with statements along the lines of: Yes we are interested in (certain players), but we are only going to sign deals that are to the benefit of Blackburn Rovers.( Even if it's bullshit, at least it's positive bullshit).

As in name the players? Not really a professional way of going about things. Would only make the other club not want to do business

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

There's no way we will or should pay close to 18k per week for Pickering. We have bought the most highly-rated LB in League One before, and can you imagine if we had signed Bell to that sort of wage? You would hope Pickering is going to be better, but the fact is he is untested at this level.

If you only meant Kipre (the post you quoted mentioned both, so I wasn't sure if you meant either could be worth pushing the boat that far for since we do it for other players), that's still a lot for a lad with half a good season at this level. Probably about 450k just to borrow him for the rest of the season? Assuming no loan fee is also wanted. That's about half of the lad's transfer fee, since which he hasn't played. Unlikely to hit the ground running. I wouldn't be wanting to go there unless we are convinced he will hit the ground running. It's WBA's own fault for slapping the lad on that sort of deal when they didn't need him. They'll probably relent a good chunk on the last day as its just wasted money for them otherwise. I agree loan with a view, if they'll drop their demands enough.

Edited by bluebruce

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

This gives Big Sam a chance to thwart Venkys perhaps? I’m sure he doesn’t want to do them any favours on transfers.

44 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

As in name the players? Not really a professional way of going about things. Would only make the other club not want to do business

And I will take solace in the professional way we go about things at the moment. I want the entire club structure to operate for the good of Blackburn Rovers.

34 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

This gives Big Sam a chance to thwart Venkys perhaps? I’m sure he doesn’t want to do them any favours on transfers.

Think big Sam will take a pragmatic view. It would appear kipre has not shown him in training any reason to be selected. If he can save some wages to put toward another player then he will

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonygreenbank said:

Sam has clearly had the last laugh. We got relegated, haven't been back, and he is still managing in the Prem. If I were him I would feel smug pity rather than resentment at this stage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

And I will take solace in the professional way we go about things at the moment. I want the entire club structure to operate for the good of Blackburn Rovers.

Genuinely don't think outright naming who we're interested in would be for "the good of Blackburn Rovers" to be honest... When has any club ever regularly used that as their strategy?

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Preston are selling a few key players. 

Definitely, they had quite a few whose contract was about to expire and to be honest, as good as Pearson etc are, with minimal recruitment in recent windows and the manager coming under pressure, it felt like it was getting stagnant there and maybe it will do good to have a refresh. A couple of good additions in but as I touched on in my earlier post, quite a lot of loans in too. January isnt the best time to hit the reset button but they have been forced to do so due to contracts and injuries.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Preston are selling a few key players. 

As far as I'm aware they have sold Fisher for an undisclosed (probably pretty small) fee and Pearson is likely to go to Bournemouth - again I can't see a huge fee there. Probably these will cover Whiteman's fee.

Davies is reported to be signing a pre-contract with Celtic at the end of his contract so no fee there. Browne has signed a new contract and Johnson is likely to as well.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

There's no way we will or should pay close to 18k per week for Pickering. We have bought the most highly-rated LB in League One before, and can you imagine if we had signed Bell to that sort of wage? You would hope Pickering is going to be better, but the fact is he is untested at this level.

If you only meant Kipre (the post you quoted mentioned both, so I wasn't sure if you meant either could be worth pushing the boat that far for since we do it for other players), that's still a lot for a lad with half a good season at this level. Probably about 450k just to borrow him for the rest of the season? Assuming no loan fee is also wanted. That's about half of the lad's transfer fee, since which he hasn't played. Unlikely to hit the ground running. I wouldn't be wanting to go there unless we are convinced he will hit the ground running. It's WBA's own fault for slapping the lad on that sort of deal when they didn't need him. They'll probably relent a good chunk on the last day as its just wasted money for them otherwise. I agree loan with a view, if they'll drop their demands enough.

Yeah didnt mean Pickering, he will be on peanuts at Crewe, so we should offer slightly more peanuts.

• Like 1