BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

There's no way we will or should pay close to 18k per week for Pickering. We have bought the most highly-rated LB in League One before, and can you imagine if we had signed Bell to that sort of wage? You would hope Pickering is going to be better, but the fact is he is untested at this level.

If you only meant Kipre (the post you quoted mentioned both, so I wasn't sure if you meant either could be worth pushing the boat that far for since we do it for other players), that's still a lot for a lad with half a good season at this level. Probably about 450k just to borrow him for the rest of the season? Assuming no loan fee is also wanted. That's about half of the lad's transfer fee, since which he hasn't played. Unlikely to hit the ground running. I wouldn't be wanting to go there unless we are convinced he will hit the ground running. It's WBA's own fault for slapping the lad on that sort of deal when they didn't need him. They'll probably relent a good chunk on the last day as its just wasted money for them otherwise. I agree loan with a view, if they'll drop their demands enough.

Also, i am not suggesting we pay Kipre's 18k per week wages to loan him. That is how much WBA wants thereabouts, we have apparently said we would pay half that. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Who are we thinking the players who are potentially going to be sold?

I can see Williams, Bell and Evans being sold before the window shuts.

No chance of anyone buying Williams, he's out injured for the season and then out of contract in the summer.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Who’s going to buy Williams when he’s injured? Evans possibly, I’m sure O’Neill would have him at Stoke but I wouldn’t see to many championship clubs interested in him, I bet he’s on a decent wage here as well with him being here as long as he has. Bell I could maybe see leaving on loan only if we sign the boy from Crewe. 

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

wish we`de stop ****** about over this lad from crewe,get him signed or move on,not like we`ve had a problem at left back for years is it!!!

I just don't see this happening.  It's like admitting he was wrong about Bell and Douglas ....both his signings.  Can't see him doing that 

18 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I just don't see this happening.  It's like admitting he was wrong about Bell and Douglas ....both his signings.  Can't see him doing that 

Didn’t a poster in the know imply that the V’s are taking recruitments steer rather than Mowbray at the moment, and the recruitment team are keen on Pickering. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Didn’t a poster in the know imply that the V’s are taking recruitments steer rather than Mowbray at the moment, and the recruitment team are keen on Pickering. 

Madam scouting down gresty road....😄

Edited by Sparks Rover

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I would be surprised if we sold anyone. Williams clearly won't be, he's injured. Bell is out of contract, I would aimgine he will go on loan somewhere if we sign Pickering. At best they will cover his wages. I can't see us getting a fee of any description for him. Evans, maybe Stoke, but at most I could see us getting £750,000

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would be surprised if we sold anyone. Williams clearly won't be, he's injured. Bell is out of contract, I would aimgine he will go on loan somewhere if we sign Pickering. At best they will cover his wages. I can't see us getting a fee of any description for him. Evans, maybe Stoke, but at most I could see us getting £750,000

Mowbray reckoned there could be some outgoings, someone said Williams back in the gym.

I can see us Selling Bell for like £50k. Evans not played much so many £200k max. 

Holtby maybe going too? 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Hope the poster in the know is right and Mowbray has a hissy fit ending with s resignation or sacking.  That would be a result.

• Like 2

I’d be very surprised if Allardyce ever thinks about us at all. It was ten years ago, he was only ever passing through to rehabilitate his reputation after Newcastle, he wanted offski even before Venky’s rocked up, and he went on to manage England (just about) and make a fortune at various struggling Prem clubs. So I don’t think he’s thinking’ “but for Venkys I could’ve still been at Blackburn.”

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 4

No way do we get a fee for Evans, Wlliams or Bell. Evans is again injured, soon to return, but has 6 months to go, the obvious lazy link is Stoke but they have plenty already in that position. Williams' hamstring is "off the bone" according to Mowbray which will bring him to the expiry of his contract and no one seemed to want Bell last summer when he was on a free.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mowbray reckoned there could be some outgoings, someone said Williams back in the gym.

I can see us Selling Bell for like £50k. Evans not played much so many £200k max. 

Holtby maybe going too? 

Bell is out of contract in the summer and isn't the solution if a club wants a championship quality left back, clubs in League 1 have nothing to spend. It'll be a loan exit, if we get Pickering in 

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’d be very surprised if Allardyce ever thinks about us at all. It was ten years ago, he was only ever passing through to rehabilitate his reputation after Newcastle, he wanted offski even before Venky’s rocked up, and he went on to manage England (just about) and make a fortune at various struggling Prem clubs. So I don’t think he’s thinking’ “but for Venkys I could’ve still been at Blackburn.”

Also won damages from Kean back in 2013 and had the club publicly apologise to him, so I think he had his last laugh as far as we are concerned some time ago.

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Also, i am not suggesting we pay Kipre's 18k per week wages to loan him. That is how much WBA wants thereabouts, we have apparently said we would pay half that. 

Ok, you did seem to be endorsing meeting their asking price. If not then fair enough. We are a long way off what they want, we will see if a compromise gets done. Like I've said I think they'll be willing to drop it on deadline day.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Ok, you did seem to be endorsing meeting their asking price. If not then fair enough. We are a long way off what they want, we will see if a compromise gets done. Like I've said I think they'll be willing to drop it on deadline day.

I can't see Everton letting us loan the young lad if they thought we were going to bring in a starting centre back and put the lad on the bench.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't see Everton letting us loan the young lad if they thought we were going to bring in a starting centre back and put the lad on the bench.

Fairly sure we had already publicly stated we may want to bring two CBs in, if they weren't paying attention that's on them. But the way TM is, I expect he told them directly that it may be a possibility, too, but that our other CBs are out or injury prone and he would still get game time in a congested fixture list. For an 18 year old, even say 8 or 10 appearances in the Championship is some decent experience to get in six months.

Also if we get Kipre, since he hasn't been playing it would probably be a month before TM would consider him 'ready'. This may also have been mentioned to them. Along with 'if he's as good as you think, he will play'.

Edited by bluebruce

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No, my original post was in reply to hoochie who claimed we might not be able to afford Kipre wages if we tried to sign him permanrntly.

I claimed i doubt he is on all that much despite a PL defender. First contract at Wigan after being signed from Motherwell. Now at WBA who probably doubled his wages. Sub 20k if you ask me.

I never endorsed paying his full wages to get on loan. In fact i said WBA were taking the piss.

Suggestion that Crewe might loan Pickering back for the season should he sign. Maybe that would reduce the price and be something that is forced due to already having 2 senior left backs. I would rather have him now if we sign him though. But ideas about just fobbing Crewe off with Bell are a non starter for many reasons.

Screenshot_20210129-212105_Twitter.jpg

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No way do we get a fee for Evans, Wlliams or Bell. Evans is again injured, soon to return, but has 6 months to go, the obvious lazy link is Stoke but they have plenty already in that position. Williams' hamstring is "off the bone" according to Mowbray which will bring him to the expiry of his contract and no one seemed to want Bell last summer when he was on a free.

I'd be happy to see them all leave in the summer when their contracts expire. I don't really rate any of them, Del has done OK at CB but is very injury prone. Evans has somehow managed to make 197 apps for us and I can't remember him being consistently decent at any point. He's had his moments but is now 30 and his injuries will just become even more regular.

Bell hasn't been great since he joined.

The issue is do we need to replace them? Del at CB, most definitely and Bell at LB too, purely on a numbers basis. Evans, not so much.

• Like 4