BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

6 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I think we will sign Pickering. If Rich Sharpe is saying it’s drawing to a positive conclusion then it’s more or less a done deal. 

Normally I would agree with you but he played for Crewe today, which seems to question how close the deal is. 

If he does come in you would imagine that bell is leaving, especially with him not in the squad today. One possibility could be that we loan him back to Crewe until the end of the season.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Does it? The expenditure would still be the same, it would make the decision to activate an extra year ridiculous, and if no one wants him even paying a fraction of his wage, we may aswell keep him.

Why keep him if we signing Pickering?.

Not interested that we activate his extra year as Pickering would be good signing and solve our left back problems for years to come

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why keep him if we signing Pickering?.

Not interested that we activate his extra year as Pickering would be good signing and solve our left back problems for years to come

Because we have to pay him regardless so he may aswell be available in case of injuries if we cant shift him. 

Pickering seems like he ticks lots of boxes but I will wait to see him play first. A lot of people seem excited solely on random stats and highlight compliations which is a dangerous game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because we have to pay him regardless so he may aswell be available in case of injuries if we cant shift him. 

Pickering seems like he ticks lots of boxes but I will wait to see him play first. A lot of people seem excited solely on random stats and highlight compliations which is a dangerous game.

Why do we need 3 left backs for if Pickering signs here? 

What random stats? 

Bennett leaving would make sense for everyone. For us, on the pitch he is well off the standard and will be on a senior wage. He does however deserve to leave with his head held high and with his pride intact having given everything for us and be should be able to make an impact and give crucial know how in League 1. Good luck if it happens.

• Like 6