BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Does Kipre even start for us at the moment? I would suggest not, especially given his lack of game time. Don't get me wrong I'd welcome him signing permanently as we're still an injury away from disaster and he can cover at right back too but he can't just waltz in.

Mowbray wouldn't drop his captain and Branthwaite is a better player, so no.

8 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

image.png.5fd39d61a7192872c1e22b1337419d6d.png

This is brilliant news!! Pickering is very highly rated and he’s got potential to fill a long term gaping hole in our team.

I’m not overly bothered about Kipre tbh. We just need a body and I can’t see how we can offer him regular football. Ayala should be fit in two weeks too. I’d bloody love us to go and get a CB out of League 1 or Europe for a couple of hundred grand rather than loan one.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

im`e not a fan of these loan back deals in the case of pickering,he could end up getting injured badly and tbh we desperately need a left back right away,good signing though,by all accounts a real full back who goes bombing forward,it`s what we need,dolan and elliot on the flanks and nyambe and pickering backing them up,we`ll have defences all over the division shaking with terror!!!,can`t see tony thinking as i do unfortunately😉

If it's between us and Preston I'd be pretty confident Kipre would rather come here. Preston are on the downward spiral. 

I'd like to think we'd have a chance to sign Kipre permanently in the summer if he comes here on loan before the deadline. WBA are probably going to get relegated which will mean Kipre's wages will be slashed anyway next season so his wages may not be such a big issue. 

13 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Yep. Attitude, application, passion, effort. Not the most gifted but more guts than most. You won't have been at the Shrewsbury home game when we effectively knocked the stuffing out of their charge for 2nd spot. Bennett and Smallwood went to war for the blue n white halves that day😉 Will live long in the memory. Legend! 

No ,I wasn't there Benno, but I watched on Ifollow. You and Richie did indeed play well that day.  Nice of you to spend some time on the forum when injured Benno. Best of luck with your return and if you do move to Shrewsbury, thanks for everything.  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nice of you to spend some time on the forum when injured Benno. Best of luck with your return and if you do move to Shrewsbury, thanks for everything. You and Richie did indeed play well that day. 

Only respect and warm feelings for Benno from me.

He has always stepped up to play out of position, whenever the team needed him, often putting himself under pressure from some supporters. I always had the sense that he cares.

That always matters to me and even more so after a long line of Murphy's, Etuhus and Orrs etc

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 6

Bennett to Shrewsbury would work out ideal for all parties. Bennett is from Shropshire and  don't know if he still does but certainly used to still live in the area. Shrewsbury are a mid table League 1 side and get an experienced player who's level is about that now. And Rovers get what will be a decent wage of the wage bill by getting rid of a player who isn't good enough.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Only respect and warm feelings for Benno from me.

He has always stepped up to play out of position, whenever the team needed him, often putting himself under pressure from some supporters. I always had the sense that he cares.

That always matters to me and even more so after a long line of Murphy's, Etuhus and Orrs etc

Ah no, I'm only joking really. He's a good lad and played his part in the promotion from league 1. I just wouldn't go as far as saying he was superb on the field. 

For sure he has a great attitude and you could tell he's proud to play for the club. To be honest, I would be happy enough for him to stay around in some capacity. 

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No ,I wasn't there Benno, but I watched on Ifollow. You and Richie did indeed play well that day.  Nice of you to spend some time on the forum when injured Benno. Best of luck with your return and if you do move to Shrewsbury, thanks for everything.  

You're welcome. Arma says hi. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Does Kipre even start for us at the moment? I would suggest not, especially given his lack of game time. Don't get me wrong I'd welcome him signing permanently as we're still an injury away from disaster and he can cover at right back too but he can't just waltz in.

no he doesnt start for us but Kipre needs to think of his future and will he even be part first team plans at WBA next season when they are most likely in the championship

1 hour ago, danger19_80 said:

image.png.5fd39d61a7192872c1e22b1337419d6d.png

great news and will be solve our long term left back problem

54 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Bennett to Shrewsbury would work out ideal for all parties. Bennett is from Shropshire and  don't know if he still does but certainly used to still live in the area. Shrewsbury are a mid table League 1 side and get an experienced player who's level is about that now. And Rovers get what will be a decent wage of the wage bill by getting rid of a player who isn't good enough.

I don't see Bennett leaving this window but he will leave this summer. 

He does still down the Shropshire way judging from his Instagram account