BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Are you still hopeful that Pickering should sign now, that Bell should be paid off and you would be disappointed if it turns out otherwise?

I would be signing Pickering right now and putting into the 1st team squad and getting rid of Bell before the deadline day closes either by loan, permanent or paid off. 

I would be disappointed in loaning him to Crewe for the rest of the season. Douglas has had a couple of good games recently but can he maintain that

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would be signing Pickering right now and putting into the 1st team squad and getting rid of Bell before the deadline day closes either by loan, permanent or paid off. 

I would be disappointed in loaning him to Crewe for the rest of the season. Douglas has had a couple of good games recently but can he maintain that

Douglas has done well lately and the shirt is his to keep, and further forward, ideally he could earn a contract. I agree with your desire to get Pickering in now. Ideally bin off Bell but dont pay off his contract would be my choice.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Douglas has already agreed a 1 year deal after his contract ends. Douglas is a very good left back, he’s just had a rough start. It doesn’t help that he gets very little defensive protection. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

CDEED7AD-D440-4B07-9DC4-B096B5AEBD2D.jpeg

Not sure why we needed to go through that to learn anything, hard way or otherwise. I seem to remember most of us on here desperately hoping for a CB as we were so short on cover, and knew Lenihan was both injury and suspension prone.

If that's a lesson anybody at the club needed to learn they're in the wrong job. It was obvious long before the Brentford game and our CB shortage came to the surprise of nobody with a brain. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do think that a lot is on reputation though, the way that Reed, Adarabioyo and Elliott have been used is obviously in Mowbray's further. Say the current 2 stay fit and on form for the rest of the season and Harwood Bellis having been convinced to be sent here on loan doesnt play, it has to impact our reputation negatively though. Big clubs often put in clauses where the club is financially penalised for not playing their players.

Are you still hopeful that Pickering should sign now, that Bell should be paid off and you would be disappointed if it turns out otherwise?

No. We re paying part of their wages. If the lad has a nightmare and scores three own goals  in three games you really think Pep would expect us to continue playing him ? The onus is on the player to prove to his Mother club that he can play and earn his place in a team . No silver spoon ..no gimmes ..thats what Pep expects .

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

Not sure why we needed to go through that to learn anything, hard way or otherwise. I seem to remember most of us on here desperately hoping for a CB as we were so short on cover, and knew Lenihan was both injury and suspension prone.

If that's a lesson anybody at the club needed to learn they're in the wrong job. It was obvious long before the Brentford game and our CB shortage came to the surprise of nobody with a brain. 

I wasn’t pointing it out to the staff at the club mate, my intended audience was those fans on here who are confused as to why we’d need another CB...

• Backroom
Just now, Paul Mani said:

I wasn’t pointing it out to the staff at the club mate, my intended audience was those fans on here who are confused as to why we’d need another CB...

The fact the staff at the club needed to learn that lesson "the hard way" is more of a concern to me than what people on here are saying. I'm also not sure how much of a lesson was really learned as we continue to rely on injury-prone CBs and find ourselves short once again in January. 

Nonetheless this City lad seems to be highly-rated and hopefully won't cost too much, so for the short-term it's a good solution. Would be nice to sort it long-term as well, but as we seem to have a significant cap on transfer funds for defenders I doubt it ever will be.  

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Douglas has done well lately and the shirt is his to keep, and further forward, ideally he could earn a contract. I agree with your desire to get Pickering in now. Ideally bin off Bell but dont pay off his contract would be my choice.

Douglas had a good game yesterday but for me Pickering is the long term number 1 here. Douglas and Pickering challenging for the left back shirt next season would solve having to recruit a new left back in the summer

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think Douglas has already agreed a 1 year deal after his contract ends. Douglas is a very good left back, he’s just had a rough start. It doesn’t help that he gets very little defensive protection. 

If he has sign a 1 year deal then its shows forward planning by the club, Mowbray and recruitment staff

• Like 1

I don't know how you can say a player you've never seen kick a ball for us is the " long term number 1"  left back. Bell had a better, bigger,  reputation than this lad and he hasn't got near to making the grade. There was a time when I though Tiny Taylor and Johanneson were going to be our long term centre backs. Look how that worked out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I know Crooke is a young lad but surely even Rovers' reputation hasn't sunk low enough over the last few years that signing a 22 year old full back from Crewe is seen as a 'massive coup'.

• Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

I know Crooke is a young lad but surely even Rovers' reputation hasn't sunk low enough over the last few years that signing a 22 year old full back from Crewe is seen as a 'massive coup'.

Who knows ..we may sell him on for 10M ..then he is a massive coup !

• Like 1