BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Sorry, what does that prove? It doesn't say what the up front fee was? The accounts at the time suggested Rovers had forked out a big chunk up front on BB. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sorry, what does that prove? It doesn't say what the up front fee was? The accounts at the time suggested Rovers had forked out a big chunk up front on BB. 

The way I read it is that the transfer COULD be worth UP TO 7m, depending as I said if all the clauses are met, presumably such as appearances, goals, international call ups. I don't recall an actual up front amount being mentioned at the time. 

I would also think that with his improvement over the last few months if we were ever to sell Brereton we could at least get our money back

2 hours ago, Gav said:

The same club that has spent £4.99 on Armstrong and Dack who are now probably worth £30m+ in todays market.

Its just a lazy argument concerning Gallagher and Brereton, its time to move on, posters need some new material.

By the way Tiny Taylor was an awful centre back, if you think any different that says about your ability to spot a player than anything else, Johansson was a bit better.

He was good enough win a cup winners medal with us playing out of position. None of our other " stars " has come near since then.

We can't even  get past the Doncasters of the football world with what we have at the moment.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There was a time when I though Tiny Taylor and Johanneson were going to be our long term centre backs. Look how that worked out.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

By the way Tiny Taylor was an awful centre back, if you think any different that says about your ability to spot a player than anything else, Johansson was a bit better.

Taylor at right back and Johannson alongside Berg in central defence in a patched up Rovers team were absolute heroes at Millennium stadium, Cardiff in 2002. The sight of Tiny attacking the Spurs' defence down the right wing in the last 10 minutes of the game still warms the cockles of my heart.

Both were streets ahead of anything we have had under Venkys' tenure.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Shop window?.

Giving them a platform for other clubs to sign... eg, Tosin who played well for us but we could never afford him so he went to Fulham. Elliott is another, we'll never be able to buy him and Liverpool will likely sell him on eventually for a big fee. This City lad if he comes will be the same.

We're just a nursery for the "big" clubs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

No they weren't, its ironic that to prove a point about Mowbray, people trundle out these figures as if it was paid up front. We all know transfer fees are staggered over the years, and performance based. If most people on here are correct about them,we'll have nothing to worry about on that score. 

Staggered and performance based are two sperarate things.

If they are staggered then they arent inflated. In fact most modern transfers are staggered. 

15 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Giving them a platform for other clubs to sign... eg, Tosin who played well for us but we could never afford him so he went to Fulham. Elliott is another, we'll never be able to buy him and Liverpool will likely sell him on eventually for a big fee. This City lad if he comes will be the same.

We're just a nursery for the "big" clubs. 

Has Elliott been a good player for us? Could we have signed a player of his ability for what we had to spend just about every championship team signs loan players who cares as long as they play well for us. We are in with a chance of the play offs if these lads help us get were we are aiming to go then they have been more than worth it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beanie01289 said:

Has Elliott been a good player for us? Could we have signed a player of his ability for what we had to spend just about every championship team signs loan players who cares as long as they play well for us. We are in with a chance of the play offs if these lads help us get were we are aiming to go then they have been more than worth it.

If we went up and signed them permanently , some would still be complaining 😉

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We do sign players tho.

Shop window?.

Most of our signings past few years have been loans, I’m not a fan of them without an option to make perm. Literally developing players for other teams, we get little out of it really. Come the next window we are back to square one and having to look for a replacement. I’d rather buy potential like Pickering than some Man City wonderkid on loan. 

See tosin for shop window 

55 minutes ago, bazza said:

Taylor at right back and Johannson.

Both were streets ahead of anything we have had under Venkys' tenure.

In my opinion, Scott Dann was better than Tiny Taylor, Phil Jones and Tosin too.

But we digress.

Edited by Gav

We had a full back called Pickering once before. He was converted to centre forward, turned out to be as good as Shearer (according to Bryan Douglas who played with him) and left for a British record transfer fee. 

Can Harry play centre forward?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

I would also think that with his improvement over the last few months if we were ever to sell Brereton we could at least get our money back

Seriously doubt that. If anyone offers it we would snap their hand off.

• Like 1