BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Most of our signings past few years have been loans, I’m not a fan of them without an option to make perm. Literally developing players for other teams, we get little out of it really. Come the next window we are back to square one and having to look for a replacement. I’d rather buy potential like Pickering than some Man City wonderkid on loan. 

See tosin for shop window 

dont we do the same with our young players its how the develop

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neophox said:

Kipre Harwood-Bellis Pickering a hectic window appears at last... 

Want cover as Brantwaite has an minor injury and we are short on cover..

Looks like the owners have decided to go for it as, I seem to remember, you said a week or two back.

Strap in and let's enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, den said:

We had a full back called Pickering once before. He was converted to centre forward, turned out to be as good as Shearer (according to Bryan Douglas who played with him) and left for a British record transfer fee. 

Can Harry play centre forward?

For me Fred Pickering was as good as Shearer in every way bar one. Fred was brilliant when he was in the mood but he had days when it wasn't working for him. Shearer rarely had off days. There could be games when he'd not see the ball for ages then bang, he'd get a pass and the ball would be in the back of the net.

32 minutes ago, den said:

We had a full back called Pickering once before. He was converted to centre forward, turned out to be as good as Shearer (according to Bryan Douglas who played with him) and left for a British record transfer fee. 

Can Harry play centre forward?

Are we actually signing him? I've seen endless "Rovers closer to signing Pickering stories".

21 minutes ago, 47er said:

Looks like the owners have decided to go for it as, I seem to remember, you said a week or two back.

Strap in and let's enjoy the ride!

Im not sure that 2 kids on loan and a young full back for a small fee who will be loaned back is going for it to be fair but lets hope it is good business nonetheless.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure that 2 kids on loan and a young full back for a small fee who will be loaned back is going for it to be fair but lets hope it is good business nonetheless.

How about "going for it in a restrained way"?!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Seen us linked with Marc Roberts, anyone know anything about him? 

Nicko saying not at the moment. Be surprised if we get HB and then go for kipre too I imagine it’s either or? That said kipre hasn’t played all season so would he be match fit?

22 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

A lot of incorrect assumptions in there, based on very little.  

Well done on getting to Anfield. I was at Ewood for every FMC match in 87. Do I get a medal? 

Love Benno, your bizarre house analogies won't change that. 

My assumptions are formed from your words, perhaps something to consider?

Afield 😂 I will explain, in your and my lifetime, we have achieved such greatness as winning the Premier league. A club 'legend' is the elite of the elite, shearer, garner etc. Benno has done nothing like that and being in league 1 is our lowest ranking in both our lifetimes. They do not compare and so to call Benno a legend insults the likes of our true legends. I too enjoyed winning week in, week out for the first time in years, but we are celtic in  league 1. 

I'll help one last time as the issue is clear. You whole stance is based on emotion and opinion ergo it has no substance or foundation. Houses are built on foundations and if quicksand was the foundation upon which a house was built it would sink. So by comparing your stance to a house that will 100% sink is me saying your stance is based on similar and so it will not hold in discussion and will 'sink', as clearly it has.

Legend status should be more than you enjoyed it, liked him, he did well in league one. The disrespect it shows to true legends is rather large.

Anyway I've just had a thought, time for food......

51 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

My assumptions are formed from your words, perhaps something to consider?

Afield 😂 I will explain, in your and my lifetime, we have achieved such greatness as winning the Premier league. A club 'legend' is the elite of the elite, shearer, garner etc. Benno has done nothing like that and being in league 1 is our lowest ranking in both our lifetimes. They do not compare and so to call Benno a legend insults the likes of our true legends. I too enjoyed winning week in, week out for the first time in years, but we are celtic in  league 1. 

I'll help one last time as the issue is clear. You whole stance is based on emotion and opinion ergo it has no substance or foundation. Houses are built on foundations and if quicksand was the foundation upon which a house was built it would sink. So by comparing your stance to a house that will 100% sink is me saying your stance is based on similar and so it will not hold in discussion and will 'sink', as clearly it has.

Legend status should be more than you enjoyed it, liked him, he did well in league one. The disrespect it shows to true legends is rather large.

Anyway I've just had a thought, time for food......

You may be overthinking this. 🤣 I used the word 'legend', not club 'legend'. I hope this helps you escape the mental quicksand you seem to have become trapped in.

14 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Hence why I said as things stand! Do City loan him to sit on our bench? Unlikely, do we bench Darragh? Equally unlikely.

He won’t sit on our bench for long and so long as you play them all based on merit then you could end up with any combination.

Matbe City have decided that even 10 games in the champ is better than zero games at City?

8 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don’t think you quite understand my point. I have no issue with clubs sending players out on loan, it’s us using it as a sticking plaster rather than building a consistent squad 

Agree. Its frustrating for the younger players. Every time we sign a loanee they slip that farther back.

Eg Wharton, he went on loan after loan, and from memory was about to go on loan again but we had run out of players and we had no choice but to play him. Result?---he excelled!

Its OK to sign 4 or 5 Premier League players we could not afford to buy, to get us up. But when we don't go up season after season and face a big turnover at the end of the season, then bring a new set of loanees in,  you have to question it.

It doesn't help that we have so many crocks in our squad.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Gav said:

In my opinion, Scott Dann was better than Tiny Taylor, Phil Jones and Tosin too.

But we digress.

Scott Dann was better than Taylor and I was sad we let him go but he wasn't as good as Jones or Tosin imo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Seen us linked with Marc Roberts, anyone know anything about him? 

I've just spoke with a bluenose obsessed mate of mine, and he says he ain't heard of Marc Roberts to anyone. He said he's also on 40k a week courtesy of Harry Redknapp, so I think we can count that one out 😂

3 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I've just spoke with a bluenose obsessed mate of mine, and he says he ain't heard of Marc Roberts to anyone. He said he's also on 40k a week courtesy of Harry Redknapp, so I think we can count that one out 😂

Sharpe this morning on Roberts.

Screenshot 2021-02-01 082058.jpg

• Like 1

Think it's great we are getting in someone rather than relying on crocks bit likewise wish we had a longer term approach than the sticky plaster loan solution. 

If we could loan someone with an option to buy longer term I think that would benefit us more. Even if they have less potential than a premier League loan the longevity and continuity I feel would benefit us more (assuming they are still decent.) 

• Like 1