BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Might seem pickety but why do you constantly refer to them as "kids"? 

Brainthwaite is a 6 foot 5 18 year old with Premier League appearances. He's hardly a kid. He's a fully grown man. You throw kids around in every post you talk about him but, personally, as a 27 year old I would think I would give any kid a run for their money. Put me up against the man that is Branthwaite and I would be thrown around like a rag doll.

The same goes for Harwood Bellis, who has played in Champions League games and is a 6 foot 2 19 year old man.

While they might not read this and it is irrelevant to them you should pay them the respect they have earnt and refer to men as men and stop trying to disregard them as kids. They are probably bigger and wider than you are. 

I think that is quite pedantic, they are kids relative to other footballers, right at the start of their careers with minimal first team experience. He probably isnt a fully grown man, he will likely fill out even if as you touch on, he is physically able already.

My post was not critical of them, Branthwaite has slotted in very nicely with Lenihan and Elliott has been an excellent loanee.

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Might seem pickety but why do you constantly refer to them as "kids"? 

They're "kids" in terms of experience - I think that's what he means

They may have had a few games at a higher level but some of the tough old lags in the Championship will knock them around. 

It's a good experience for them though

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Pickering confirmed. Back to Crewe for rest of the season.

Lovely signing.

A uni friend of mine sings his praises. Crewe have a good academy and have churned out some decent footballers in the past - notably one is currently first choice in our rivals' midfield. Hope he turns out similar.

Quite the young team we have going at the moment which is nice to see. If we can tie down Nyambe to another 3 years we'll be in good stead long term.

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

They're "kids" in terms of experience - I think that's what he means

They may have had a few games at a higher level but some of the tough old lags in the Championship will knock them around. 

It's a good experience for them though

Probably being pedantic Jim but standing at 6 foot 5 and 18 years old I would consider him a man. 

No doubt they are still learning, and are a long way from the finished articles, but constantly hearing "2 kids on loan" I am left scratching my head wondering whether we have signed some 15 year olds or 2 Premier League centre backs who you can have a pint with 

12 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

Does this mean that Branthwaite has picked up an injury from Saturday’s game so we’ve gone in for the City lad? I’m a little confused as to why we’ve got 2 youngsters on loan at CB but maybe I’m missing something.

No, Tony sees the young city defender as right sided CB cover and RB cover.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I thought that you'd be disappointed with the Pickering signing as towards the end of last season when people were saying we should be making signings you said it was stupid to sign players for the following season before we knew what league we were going to be in.

I wouldn't have loaned Pickering back to Crewe now and I would have used him this season in the first team squad

32 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I have no problem with one or 2 loan signings to plug a gap or two but 5 is excessive and is going to leave at lot of work to be done in the summer.

I don't see 5 as excession when we can sign a couple of them permanently if we choose to. Also might be able to get one of loan Centre back back also. 

32 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'd be very surprised if that is already the case. 

I somewhat agree but I have no reason not to trust JB Info

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not true on Douglas.

well all because Sharpe hasn't been told anything doesn't mean it isnt true. 

we see in the summer

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't have loaned Pickering back to Crewe now and I would have used him this season in the first team squad

I don't see 5 as excession when we can sign a couple of them permanently if we choose to. Also might be able to get one of loan Centre back back also. 

I somewhat agree but I have no reason not to trust JB Info

well all because Sharpe hasn't been told anything doesn't mean it isnt true. 

we see in the summer

He might end up signing but that wouldnt prove that a deal is already set up.

Such an arrangement makes no sense, especially considering that we are only paying a fraction of his wages.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Sounds like a good signing, never seen him nor heard of him before January but he seems well thought of.

Still don’t think Douglas is the answer even after a couple of decent games (in which he made mistakes which he got away with), and Bell isn’t the answer either so it’s good to see a plan at least for next season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Don Said said:

Happy with Pickering.

Not too fussed around him being loaned back for the next few months. One less major headache in the summer, good planning.

Agreed, 4 and half year deal so waiting a few months I can handle, plus we already have to left backs until the end of the season.

My only concern is if we were to do the unthinkable and get promoted, then that's a hell of a jump up leagues for Pickering.