BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's been a successful window that we bought in 2 centre backs and left back long term. 

I'm disappointed Pickering has been loan.back. 

Both young centre backs are good players.. 

Plus Im Happy Vale has been loan out

A successful window should only be judged by success on the pitch. Of all the signings in the last window, Kaminski has been the most successful, yet at the time of his signing he was, untried but better than what we had.  

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Give over you were crowing about the top 2 quite forcefully earlier in the season. He was your messiah again but now the bleepers are going off loud and clear and you've reversed to top 6 mode 🤣

My position has never changed i said last mid season please change in summer we need new ideas on the pitch. Said exactly the same this time but of course last summers window gets us excited and now this one again.

However we all know we'll see the same things going round in circles, some things he can do nothing about. Other things are ingrained in his dna and are his go to methods and always have been, all the evidence is out there.

So i'll remain where i am thanks and still say barring a miracle we need to change in summer.  You'll be on again before seasons end trumpeting he's done enough to warrant the summer window. 10 games next season, christmas etc and claiming we'll be in the top 2.

Some of us learn quickly others don't i takes a while for pennies to drop. You might be better off hiding behind a door than making an ass of yourself claiming leadership then going down blind alleys. After a while nobody follows anymore 😏

I don’t come on here to have anyone follow me. I come in here to give my opinion and that has never been that Mowbray was the messiah. He said the target was top 6, so my target is top 6. Sure I enjoyed the early season games (didn’t you? Would make sense I suppose) and sure I said the way we were playing could get us in the top 2. But ultimately the target is top 6.

I do love how you believe you’re SO awake to this whilst the rest of us are sleep.

The only person making an ass out of them self is the one blaming the manager for bad signings and then giving credit to the recruitment team for good ones...

As for the last paragraph....🤣🤣🤣 if only you knew! 😬 #awkward

• Moderation Lead

Morning all, a few posts over the last few pages have been getting very close to trolling, which is against the rules. 
Can we ensure we don’t do this please?

If this post confuses you, or you want any further clarification, drop me a PM.

Ta.

• Like 1

Interesting to see the comments of our new recruits upon signing:

The ambition of the club (Credit has to be given to Mowbray here, he does talk a good game)

Recent history and status (I feel we still have kudos from being one of the few clubs to win the Premier League)

Facilities and youth system

It may well be the line they have been fed, but it does bode well re: the direction of the club. The trust we have developed with the big teams re: their players is also a big plus.

It is such a pity that Mowbray cannot produce the results on the pitch as he has been doing off the pitch. He may well be suited to a Director of Football role. I don't think it will happen, but Mowbray has taken the club in a much better direction than previous managers and it is the results that have been lacking.

As things are, the next few weeks will prove whether this is another false dawn or we genuinely could challenge. Let's hope it is the latter.

• Like 4

I think the fact that Messrs Guardiola, Klopp and Ancellotti are happy to send their promising students to Tony Mowbray and his coaching team shows highly thought of they are within the game. 
I’m sure they could have sent them anywhere but they know they will be well coached and managed whilst they’re here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoverCanada said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13504724.blackburn-rovers-waiting-work-permit-kim-bo-kyung-netting-initial-1-5m-josh-king/

LT at the time reported the agreement as an initial £1.5m, potentially rising to £2m. Considering how King did at Bournemouth, and his continued appearances for Norway, it's probably fair to assume we got close to £2m in the end.

For other out-of-contract comparators, Hoilett's Bosman was 'up to' £4m (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19750830) and Mahoney was £425k, potentially rising to £925k with appearances, plus £250k if he makes an England appearance (ha), and 20% of any profit (so we got another £135k when he went to Millwall for £1.1m)  (https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/rovers-to-receive-fee-for-mahoney/)

King sits in the middle of those two, so sounds about right to me for at the time. (King was quite despised by some supporters before that FA Cup hat-trick...) That was also 5 (!) years ago now, so prices weren't quite as inflated then as they can be now (pre-Covid of course...)

I was resigned to getting nothing extra for King, so another £500k or so is a nice little last second bonus. May be a bit of a 'drop in the bucket' considering our overall losses, but could be part of the difference in having to sell off a player next year vs the year after...

We are getting nothing for King pretty sure it's a loan...

40 minutes ago, oozy said:

Interesting to see the comments of our new recruits upon signing:

The ambition of the club (Credit has to be given to Mowbray here, he does talk a good game)

Recent history and status (I feel we still have kudos from being one of the few clubs to win the Premier League)

Facilities and youth system

It may well be the line they have been fed, but it does bode well re: the direction of the club. The trust we have developed with the big teams re: their players is also a big plus.

It is such a pity that Mowbray cannot produce the results on the pitch as he has been doing off the pitch. He may well be suited to a Director of Football role. I don't think it will happen, but Mowbray has taken the club in a much better direction than previous managers and it is the results that have been lacking.

As things are, the next few weeks will prove whether this is another false dawn or we genuinely could challenge. Let's hope it is the latter.

Good post pretty much sums it all up in a nutshell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoverCanada said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13504724.blackburn-rovers-waiting-work-permit-kim-bo-kyung-netting-initial-1-5m-josh-king/

LT at the time reported the agreement as an initial £1.5m, potentially rising to £2m. Considering how King did at Bournemouth, and his continued appearances for Norway, it's probably fair to assume we got close to £2m in the end.

For other out-of-contract comparators, Hoilett's Bosman was 'up to' £4m (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19750830) and Mahoney was £425k, potentially rising to £925k with appearances, plus £250k if he makes an England appearance (ha), and 20% of any profit (so we got another £135k when he went to Millwall for £1.1m)  (https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/rovers-to-receive-fee-for-mahoney/)

King sits in the middle of those two, so sounds about right to me for at the time. (King was quite despised by some supporters before that FA Cup hat-trick...) That was also 5 (!) years ago now, so prices weren't quite as inflated then as they can be now (pre-Covid of course...)

I was resigned to getting nothing extra for King, so another £500k or so is a nice little last second bonus. May be a bit of a 'drop in the bucket' considering our overall losses, but could be part of the difference in having to sell off a player next year vs the year after...

Weirdly enough I very nearly posted that I thought it might have been rising to 2 mill with clauses, but then I didn't trust my memory enough and deleted it.

If we can keep improving at the back which the new signings point towards with travis and dack hopefully getting better the more game time they get the playoffs could easily be attainable  tho there are a lot of good teams up there so no more death spirals can be afforded.

Hopefully having 3/4 cbs in squad who are fit can help address the whole death spiral thing.

6 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You can't have too many 'tricky' Centre Backs! Those City fans  know their  stuff😉

Hey, he may have been a centre half at City but who's to say that ToMo hasn't designs on him playing left wing?

You hadn't considered that one Hoochie had ya?

In honesty, my City mates both woke me up and said we'd signed a cracking player. The skillsets I described were as stated by them but in a state of slumber, I hadn't a fecking clue what position he plays.

There you have it, another one I got wrong. 😉

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Hey, he may have been a centre half at City but who's to say that ToMo hasn't designs on him playing left wing?

You hadn't considered that one Hoochie had ya?

In honesty, my City mates both woke me up and said we'd signed a cracking player. The skillsets I described were as stated by them but in a state of slumber, I hadn't a fecking clue what position he plays.

There you have it, another one I got wrong. 😉

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

I'm now concerned you spent the night with the two City fans! 

I accept ToMo may play him on the wing! 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm now concerned you spent the night with the two City fans! 

I accept ToMo may play him on the wing! 

Don't tell my wife though! 🤣It would have meant 3 or 4 in a bed!

As whatever, I think he'll prove to be a great signing.

COYB!!

6 hours ago, rigger said:

A successful window should only be judged by success on the pitch. Of all the signings in the last window, Kaminski has been the most successful, yet at the time of his signing he was, untried but better than what we had.  

I disagree as we got in 3 signings in.

Kaminski had a track record to show he should be good signing. 

Branthwaite in his 3 games so far as good. 

Dolan looks a bargain 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree as we got in 3 signings in.

Kaminski had a track record to show he should be good signing. 

Branthwaite in his 3 games so far as good. 

Dolan looks a bargain 

They where signed in different windows. Was Dolan even signed in a window, he wasn't contracted when he came was he? But the point wasn't about individuals, but the judging of successful transfer windows, before the transfers actually make appearances for the Rovers.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Butty said:

Did Bournemouth not reject significantly more than that from Man United a year or so ago? Gutting for us and them! 

They've completely mismanaged the situation. I understand not wanting to get bullied and holding out for what you value a player at. However the tables turn significantly when a contract is running down.

Reportedly rejected offers of £25million last Jan. I could sort of understand this if they thought he could help them retain premiership status. But then in the summer they dug their heels in. I'm pretty sure they turned down offers of around £15million only for clubs to move on. 

Its cost them major money. King a lot of time. And as a result we have suffered too.

• Like 2