BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

If there is a release clause then we have no choice.

I think its abundantly clear we don't have a release clause of 8 million quid for Arma. Waggot wouldn't have been going on about 30 million otherwise. I suspect there is no release clause at all, and I'd be beyond reluctant to put one in any future contract either unless it was silly figures.

36 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Won't be able to afford him.

As for Arma, if we got a bid for 8 million, I would literally tell them to fuck off.

Especially when we owe Newcastle a huge percentage (I’ve even seen 40% banded around) of the future fee! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hard to know conclusive how much that would be though. Like how would anyone outside the club know that? 

I think from memory the 40% mention was in the LT. There was an interview when someone said we only signed him for 1.5m because of the sell on fee. 

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think from memory the 40% mention was in the LT. There was an interview when someone said we only signed him for 1.5m because of the sell on fee. 

Didn't it rise to just over 3 million with add ons? I believe there is one , hopefully it's not 40%. That's as high as you would hear. I would be hoping more 25% max 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Depends on what he defines big as 

Of course it does, but you asked how anyone would know it was 'big'? I was telling you. From there most people could make an educated guess.  An educated guess would say about 30%. That would be the same % that Newcastle shoved on the Toney transfer when they sold him to P'Boro. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Every player has a release clause I suppose. I would say 25 million plus and we would be considering it 

That's how it works in Spain, but not here. I expect most of our players don't have one. It seems to be generally only players that have a lot of bargaining power when they sign a contract, as well as potential interest from above, that get them. I imagine Dack has one, and probably nobody else in our current squad.

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Pretty sure he just said he was available at a price. Not that he has a release clause whereby we have no choice but to accept 

Very sorry, I was in a hurry and misread. I thought you said sell on clause. No, no mention of a release clause from anywhere official and like I said earlier I doubt there is one.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So, as I said, guess work. 

No, you asked how anyone knew. I told you. You clearly weren't aware of the Waggott quotes. Now you are. You're welcome. 

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

hopefully it's not 40%. That's as high as you would hear.

Is it? Aren't you just guessing?

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Every player has a release clause I suppose.

Don't be silly. 

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

You would yes, you are the selling club.  Armstrong's agent will insist on it if he is to sign a new contract. 

Reality is his contract just like many others should have been sorted a long time ago. We are in a weak position now. Not so weak we are vulnerable to being completely done over if we act quickly but I imagine if he were to resign a release would be insisted on.

We seriously need to put a contract in front of him with a hefty raise and a release clause that is fair on the club but offers him freedom should he continue to perform  

• Like 1

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

No, you asked how anyone knew. I told you. You clearly weren't aware of the Waggott quotes. Now you are. You're welcome. 

Is it? Aren't you just guessing?

Don't be silly. 

That's not people knowing though ,is it? It's people guessing based off Waggots quotes. Which I knew of. My point remains. Guess work. Keep up. 

You will be saying it's 50% as fact next. That's what you do. Just nipping that in the bud. 

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That's how it works in Spain, but not here. I expect most of our players don't have one. It seems to be generally only players that have a lot of bargaining power when they sign a contract, as well as potential interest from above, that get them. I imagine Dack has one, and probably nobody else in our current squad.

I just mean that if a club bids enough, that's the release clause. Some of them in Spain are just crazy and they rarely leave for the amounts. 

That's not people knowing though ,is it? It's people guessing based off Waggots quotes. Which I knew of. My point remains. Guess work. Keep up. 

You will be saying it's 50% as fact next. That's what you do. Just nipping that in the bud. 

LOL. you didn't know about the quotes. Let's not tell fibs. And you love a pointless argument so I'm just humouring you. And I love the straw man 50% stuff. You always do the straw man stuff. You need to nip it in the bud. 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

You would yes, you are the selling club.  Armstrong's agent will insist on it if he is to sign a new contract. 

I understand that. I'm just saying personally it would be a sticking point unless I thought it was above what we could ever potentially get for him. There isn't any possibility I'd allow an 8 mill one for Arma though. The point of a new contract is to give us security and that gives us none.

Personally, not that it's up to me, but I'd rather give someone a higher wage, higher bonuses, a big payment upon promotion, even a small slice of a future fee if necessary to push that release clause up if that's what it took for an asset like Arma.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

No, that's the agreed negotiated price between two clubs. A release clause is contractual. You seem confused?

I understand how a release clause works. Armstrong doesnt have one. If someone bids more than 25 million I believe that would be as good as having one, because we wouldn't turn that down. 

Get it? 

I understand how a release clause works. Armstrong doesnt have one. If someone bids more than 25 million I believe that would be as good as having one, because we wouldn't turn that down. 

Get it? 

Yep, they make a bid, we accept if it's high enough. Not a 'release clause' in sight. Glad you've worked it out.