BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - Saturday 5.12.20

Playing so well and then the game changes on its head in an instant. Buckley at right back is something I never thought I’d see, and neither did I want to see it. 

Needless to say I’d be delighted with a point. We had a lot of luck with the decisions against Millwall but not today. 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nothing alike - Gallagher had man beaten. Ran across him and the bloke tripped him. 

Toney just waited for any sort of contact and threw himself to the ground. It's a yellow card for diving.

Nope 

It’s a red card, ref got it spot on 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Absolutely deluded if you think that’s not a pen. We’d be baying for blood if that wasn’t given for us 

We would never have got that, away, in London, in front of fans, in a million bloody years

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if the brentford boss is clued he`ll have them directing everthing down that side,iv`e honestly never seen buckley tackle anyone

He was doing exactly that after the Buckley substitution.

Can't Douglas play LCB and allow Bell to come in at LB? I know its Bell but Buckley at RB feels so suicidal.

Say what you want about the warranty of the pen, soon as it is given it is either a 2nd yellow or a red... Bonehead from Lenihan.

Highlights again how Armstrong's greed costs us as many goals as he scores.

If any of Elliott, Brereton, Rothwell, Gallagher or Holtby picks up that ball like he did, we're 2-0 up and Lenihan can let Toney score there.

If Jordan Rhodes had Armstrong's pace we would have 10-15 more goals this season already.

Brentford offered nothing for 35 minutes. Now most likely get to canter to a thumping 4-1 win and the wanking tissues are out for Brentford.

Bonehead players lead to bonehead results.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

How is it harsh it’s denying a clear goal scoring opportunity- clueless defending 

CLEAR GOALSCORING OPPORTUNITY?  From that angle with Lenihan between him and goal?  Nit so sure about that.  The red hurts us today and the next few matches.  So that's the start of the spiral then.

1 minute ago, ben_the_beast said:

To be fair with Wharton looking decent ordinarily 4 would be plenty. Extremely unfortunate with the absentees we have there

How do you figure that? Lenihan, Williams, and Ayala are all injury prone and Lenihan always picks up a suspension or two. Throw in 3 matches a week cos of COVID and it was plain to see we needed another CB.

Just now, USABlue said:

CLEAR GOALSCORING OPPORTUNITY?  From that angle with Lenihan between him and goal?  Nit so sure about that.  The red hurts us today and the next few matches.  So that's the start of the spiral then.

Wharton's injury hurts us more.

Assuming that's a bad one we're stuffed for the next 3 games.

I would have gone Downing at Right back. We've no suitable options so I'd  have gone for experience. Any highball in to the back post with Buckley challenging is going to be a massive mismatch. 

Edited by Hasta

Just now, JacknOry said:

They should appeal the striaght red - 3 games with Ayala and Nyambe/Carter/Bennett at CB is not going to be good with the fixtures we have coming up.

Is it not just one game for Lenihan? Thought Neil on comms said it'd just be one game whether second yellow or straight red.