BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - Saturday 5.12.20

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

No team at this level can afford to carry 5 starting CBs.

Two injuries and a red card is just unlucky. Or poor training.

No team plays 5 CBs, they dont have to all be starters. We needed another backup CB - i called it a long time ago. Injuries to injury prone defenders is not unlucky - its the norm.

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

No team plays 5 CBs, they dont have to all be starters. We needed another backup CB - i called it a long time ago. Injuries to injury prone defenders is not unlucky - its the norm.

I'm confused about your point then. We have 4 CBs who have the quality to start in this division.

We have a myriad of options in the U23s that could be a 'backup'.

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

These things happen.

Millwall could have had three penalties against us - we rode our luck then.  

Have to take the rough with the smooth.

Don't want to hear Mowbray moaning!

One game Merc.that ONE hurts us FOR FOUR

2 minutes ago, frosty said:

Is it not just one game for Lenihan? Thought Neil on comms said it'd just be one game whether second yellow or straight red.

Depends on the severity of the offence ..which was minimal ..one game ....but dissent carries two match ban ..if hes gobbed off .

11 minutes ago, Miker said:

Buckley is awful at RB. Don't understand the thinking there.

I actually think we can still win this. They've obviously been in the ascendancy since the goal, but we were still creating a few chances after the sending off. 

No chance, unless they get a red too.

But then again football can be a weird game as we all know.

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

We also have a player who has played international football at CB in Nyambe

But the two other right backs are injured as well.

Our physios must be shite

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

How do you figure that? Lenihan, Williams, and Ayala are all injury prone and Lenihan always picks up a suspension or two. Throw in 3 matches a week cos of COVID and it was plain to see we needed another CB.

We have Carter as well. Who would come here to sit on the bench behind Lenihan, Wharton, Williams and Ayala? It's all well and good saying X or Y is injury prone or picks up suspensions now. One centre half today got a red, the other an absolute freak injury. That's football. We don't always need to find someone to blame or say "look at me I said we needed more defenders I was right" 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

We also have a player who has played international football at CB in Nyambe

But the two other right backs are injured as well.

Our physios must be shite

Do we have two other right backs? Or are they both midfielders playing out of positition?

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have Carter as well. Who would come here to sit on the bench behind Lenihan, Wharton, Williams and Ayala? It's all well and good saying X or Y is injury prone or picks up suspensions now. One centre half today got a red, the outer an absolute freak injury. That's football. We don't always need to find someone to blame or say "look at me I said we needed more defenders I was right" 

Couldnt care less if I was right - was plain to see.