Elliott              Arma           Rothwell

Or

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Wharton Douglas

Holtby Johnson Rothwell

Elliott              Arma           Gallagher

IMO

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Have we beaten a team above us in the league this season?

Yes - Preston were above us when we played them, although not after!

I had a quick look at a Brentford message board and they are no more confident than our fans - many would be happy with a draw.

• Like 1

Still cant get my head around anyone essentially preparing themselves for a defeat, if we are genuinely a top 6 contender there is no needn

We should be going today with an attitude whereby we can make up some real ground and beat a direct rival. If we have an inferiority complex towards a good side at this level but one that has the same aspirations as we do then there is something wrong.

• Like 2

The balance of that midfield is not right again. It should be Trybull OR Johnson. I just hope that Johnson is further forward but I suspect that Trybull will be out of position again, surely Downing was a better choice?

Also hope that Gallagher is left and Elliott is right.

Glad to see Douglas back and interesting change at CB. With Ayala, part of me does think that his calibre suggests that he is one of our best 2 centre backs, then again Wharton's recent performances were good so I can understand him coming back in.

• Like 1

Very pleased to see Wharton given his starting spot back. Think we are much more solid with him in there. Great to see Douglass back in too. 

Thought we might see Holtby dropped. He's really struggled the last 2 matches. However I would have far rather seen Downing slotting in there as opposed to Trybull. Wouldn't have minded seeing Trybull holding instead of Johnson. But I do think that Downing would have offered more balance and control over midfield. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

The balance of that midfield is not right again. It should be Trybull OR Johnson. I just hope that Johnson is further forward but I suspect that Trybull will be out of position again, surely Downing was a better choice?

Glad to see Douglas back and interesting change at CB. With Ayala, part of me does think that his calibre suggests that he is one of our best 2 centre backs, then again Wharton's recent performances were good so I can understand him coming back in.

I agree of your Trybul Johnson point. 

Is Downing fit enough to start? Wouldnt Buckley be a better option than Downing

Ayala was very rusty on Wednesday so good change there. Wharton has done very well in games 

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Can't believe he has left Holtby out.

Backs to the wall all afternoon with that midfield lineup.

Holtby is tired poor thing!

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

he looked like he was struggling midweek,needs a rest

Holtby is tired poor thing!

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I agree of your Trybul Johnson point. 

Is Downing fit enough to start? Wouldnt Buckley be a better option than Downing

Ayala was very rusty on Wednesday so good change there. Wharton has done very well in games 

Buckley tends to look well off it whenever he plays aside from when he has come on v 10 men in games we have already been in comfortable leads.

Even if Downing could play an hour and then we could make a decision from there, if we are losing or drawing we could bring on Holtby or if we were winning we could add a second defensive player.

Ayala did look very rusty and the Wharton recall seems fair to me, although I suppose Ayala could argue that the only way the rust will go is if he plays regularly.

This is a very quotable post for in a few hours time... but there’s no way we get a good result today, based on that team and previous experience around the top 6. I question too many players in that starting 11. 

I can see a 3-0/3-1/4-1 type result.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Agree both Johnson and Trybull is not good. Trybull will be holding and Johnson will be expected to play box to box and he just can't do that. Why not Davenport? He has the engine?

Against and fit and talented Brentford side reckon this could be a poor choice.

Wharton and Douglas back in is good. And if its Gallagher through the middle, Elliot right, Armstrong left that's good. Butbracing myself for Gallagher wide right and Elliott as a false 9...

Just now, arbitro said:

Fair play to Mowbray for bringing Wharton back. I for one didn't think he would recall him but stick with the more experienced Ayala.

Big call. This is probably the game that on paper would have suited Williams the most since he's been injured. Toney's big and strong, but it's not really his physicality that should worry us.

Out of the two we have available, Wharton is obviously the most mobile but he won't have been exposed to too many attacks like Brentford's before today. Plenty of managers would have gone with Ayala's experience, so let's see how it pans out. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Buckley tends to look well off it whenever he plays aside from when he has come on v 10 men in games we have already been in comfortable leads.

Apart from Wednesday when he came on and played excellently including having a hand in creating the winning goal?