BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - Saturday 5.12.20

I really don’t understand what davenport has done wrong. He showed yet again his class against Preston after coming on. He’s had limited chances and shone. He’s been the best of the midfield holding players when on the pitch. Baffling. Apart from that happy with the team. COYB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I really don’t understand what davenport has done wrong. He showed yet again his class against Preston after coming on. He’s had limited chances and shone. He’s been the best of the midfield holding players when on the pitch. Baffling. Apart from that happy with the team. COYB

baffled tbh,he looks a buzzy type player with bags of energy,reminds me of harrison reed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He's just too far down the pecking order. None of our midfielders have been poor enough to drop down in the pecking order IMO besides Evans, who I don't really want to see again this season. Realistically he's not getting a game unless both Johnson and Trybull are out. 

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

baffled tbh,he looks a buzzy type player with bags of energy,reminds me of harrison reed

It’s his passing ability that sets him apart from the likes of trybull . They can both win the ball and gain possession, the difference is davenport can pass long short and get us on the front foot. He should be next to Travis as a starter

• Like 1

It’s actually making me angry watching these crowd shots. Surely the fans weren’t intended to be crammed into one stand?!

We can’t have ANYONE in yet London were the rate is rising can have people in close quarters shouting and singing?

We’ll be in another national lockdown on the back of this London Tier 2.

Joke.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What could he do with Holtby clearly struggling to maintain his levels? He put a pic on Instagram the other day of him having 4 back to back cryo sessions to help him recover. 

The 433 system needs the two flanking midfield players who can get up and down for it to to work. No problem if Holtby needs to be dropped for fitness but I think we need a different sort of player than Trybull to come in.

My expectation now is we will sit very deep in this game with both Trybull and Johnson deep and the forwards will be isolated. Hope I'm wrong.

Have a Davenport or even Buckley in instead of one of them and I would expect us to be much more on the front foot.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Quite shocked by the crowd at Brentford.

That is NOT what social distancing looks like.

...Fuck’s sake, more adverts during the pre-match coverage!!

It's pretty shocking and so many not wearing their masks properly. I live in Melbourne and we had one of the strictest lockdowns in the world... I was skeptical initially, but the results speak for themselves. 0 new cases for a month, and now 0 active cases as well. Don't understand why more governments don't follow suit.

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

The 433 system needs the two flanking midfield players who can get up and down for it to to work. No problem if Holtby needs to be dropped for fitness but I think we need a different sort of player than Trybull to come in.

My expectation now is we will sit very deep in this game with both Trybull and Johnson deep and the forwards will be isolated. Hope I'm wrong.

Have a Davenport or even Buckley in instead of one of them and I would expect us to be much more on the front foot.

Maybe Davenport. Buckley is way off the pace. I really don't get how anyone would think he is a viable starter at the moment. Far too weak and gives the ball away far too often. Makes the odd decent pass, but far from enough imo. 

Even with Davenport though, Trybull and Johnson have been there and done that and for an away game against an attacking side, I can see what they offer.