BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Injuries

7 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

On Douglas, I could be wrong but are we certain that he's definitely injured? I know that he's obviously first choice, but given that we knew we'd be back against the wall in the second half bringing Bell on might've been tactical?

I’m not sure “backs against the wall” and “Amari’ Bell” should ever be used in the same sentence ? I think Douglas was probably feeling the injury that kept him out of Wednesdays game so with us being down to 10 men TM probably didn’t want to risk Douglas aggravating that injury, I might be wrong though and you may well be right! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Wharton injury is so bloody disappointing, we just can't get a break at the minute with injuries. 

Really is. He's been a huge bonus the last month. Such a shame for him and us. Think he had the shirt. It was his to lose and injury has stopped his big break.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Butty said:

I’m not sure “backs against the wall” and “Amari’ Bell” should ever be used in the same sentence ? I think Douglas was probably feeling the injury that kept him out of Wednesdays game so with us being down to 10 men TM probably didn’t want to risk Douglas aggravating that injury, I might be wrong though and you may well be right! 

Douglas had also been booked, we didn't want to go down to 9.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Butty said:

I did find myself wincing as I typed it!

I'm certainly not his biggest fan (not sure any of us are) but I do think that he's improved steadily & is adequate back up at this level. Having said that he was really poor midweek, but I was pretty impressed by him today. 

• Like 1

Yea I initially assumed Douglas coming off was tactical and to protect us against a card happy Ref. On Wharton I'm gutted, I assume it's a season ender or is it less? Either way he's waited years and this was his breakthrough. I hope he gets another chance when he's back

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

That could be 12 months, feck. A mate did it before, a heavy gate swung on it, nasty. He was a long distance runner. Psychologically he took years to get over it, couldn't have anything touching it. Hopefully this is as short term as possible 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

How long until Williams returns? If we can't get Lenihan's red rescinded we are in very serious trouble I am afraid to say. No matter how well the team is otherwise doing if we have a large open gap in CB with only inexperienced youngsters filling in...things do not look good. 

9 hours ago, Butty said:

In addition to aggravating a niggle, I suspect the additional fact was that he also had a yellow card to his name and this too influenced the substitution.

Hopefully it's nothing that's going to make him unavailable for selection midweek.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr. E said:

How long until Williams returns? If we can't get Lenihan's red rescinded we are in very serious trouble I am afraid to say. No matter how well the team is otherwise doing if we have a large open gap in CB with only inexperienced youngsters filling in...things do not look good. 

Mowbray said Williams might be available for Bristol midweek 

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I hope Carter is decent, because we will be doing well to keep 2 out of Ayala, Lenihan and Williams available. Wharton was the robust one out of the 4. 

I think it proved yesterday and whilst we lose something going forward surely we are better having Nyambe play centre back and have round peg in a square hole at RB. Who would you play there? I think the options currently are Buckley, Downing and apparently Johnson has played there a few times or Pike I have heard good things about him but should we give him a chance now? I dont think Carter is ready to play centre back. What would you do presuming Williams is not ready?