BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Injuries

On 07/12/2020 at 18:32, renrag said:

Bill Eckersley, Rovers best left back in my time was right footed

Was he? I didn't know that. No wonder he got the run-around by West Ham's Harry Hooper. 😁 Only he and Finney, of course, could trouble Bill.

16 hours ago, bazza said:

Was he? I didn't know that. No wonder he got the run-around by West Ham's Harry Hooper. 😁 Only he and Finney, of course, could trouble Bill.

Tom Finney troubled most people. I remember watching him in a testimonial game at Burnley shortly after he'd retired and although it was only a testimonial he was brilliant and he ran the dingles ragged. I liked the story were he deliberately took it easy against Dave Whelan when Whelan was coming back from a bad leg break.

My youngest son got his autograph outside Ewood one Saturday. It was really nice - To XXXXXX, Best Wishes from Tom Finney. Lovely clear handwriting and all done without a trace of ego. He was a real gent.

I have a bit of an update regarding Scott Wharton's injury prognosis: It is a torn achilles as everyone suspected and he's sat awaiting being called for an operation to repair it, which could be as early as tomorrow.

Unfortunately the recovery from the injury itself is likely to be 9 months after the operation and additional time will be required to allow hime to return to full match fitness. At best it will be 12 months before he is likely to be available for selection again.

Such a shame that a young lad that has just broken into the first team has to endure an injury as serious as that. Sad news.

Edited by darrenrover