BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City v Rovers. Wed 9th Dec. 7.45pm

1 minute ago, superniko said:

I’m sickened by this. Stinking night for Arma and Mowbray. 
Arma - nothing more needs to be said but he was awful tonight, doesn’t have a brain, not fit to lace Rhodes’ boots  

Mowbray - Playing Johnson for a full 90? Pulling Rothwell off? 

Can’t have Douglas either, he’s not good enough. I don’t rate Bell but I’m not sure he’s even an upgrade. 

I think we still have the quality to finish in the top 6 but we can kiss goodbye to automatics by not winning these games. 

Bang on

A lot of tippy tappy stuff again that failed to materialise into any clear chances. Bristol city probably had the best 3 chances / situations in the game with the exceptin of the Ayala header.

We were never 'in the mix' for the play offs last year and I fear it will be the same again. 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Used to be the opposite ,bet the top teams and struggled against the lower half teams. I think it's clear to see we are actually a much better team now 

We have plateaued I’m afraid. That isn’t just tonight but a consistent failure to push on when the pressure of the play-off places loom against contenders.

We just don’t have that extra that is needed. We can blame injuries if we like but other teams had had similar situations.

Not too disheartened. It happens. We played well and looked the better side against a team that will be in and around it.

All four defenders switched off for the goal.

Win on Saturday (as I expect us to) and it’s been a very good week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Another failure against a top 6 team. Until we start beating them we haven't a hope of making the play-offs

We'll make amends when they turn up at Ewood. 

Armstrong a little less selfish 1st half and it's a very different match. 

• Like 1

Unlucky lads, wasn’t meant to be. We’re a good team but we need to get better at grinding these 1-0’s out if we’re going to get in the top 6.

Refusing to single lads out. A few weren’t up to it but we could’ve nicked one and we’d have all been happy.

Gotta stay in touch with the top 6 by the end of this month. Get Dack and Trav back and see what we can do!

NEXT!! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Can’t have Douglas either, he’s not good enough. I don’t rate Bell but I’m not sure he’s even an upgrade

A bit like Cunningham last year, I fear Douglas's best attribute is that he is not Bell.

• Like 5

Well as always, when a win would put us into the top six we don’t get the job done, gutting. Wouldn’t be to harsh on the team or the manager though, I don’t think we played badly at all but when you don’t take your chances there’s always a risk that you can get sucker punched. Gutted.

• Like 1

We played some nice football but no bite no pace never looked like scoring Armstrong shoots when there are better options forwards cannot keep hold of the ball. However we have not beaten a top half side that says it all. We are a team that is almost there but almost there never makes it

Whilst the result is sickeningly familiar The players out there tonight played well. The whole team with the exception of Armstrong, who has been far to greedy and it’s cost us. It’s ok to have a few selfish moments (especially with his record this season) but it’s blindingly obvious tonight that he played for himself. Tony picked a good 11 and can’t fault him either as he set us up well and everybody had a role and stuck to it . However his substitutions and his lack of in game tactical knowledge has cost us, along with Armstrong’s greed. Davenport should have been on for Johnson long before he did , possibly should have started after his very good performances when he’s had a chance . Didn’t feel like a game for Dolan but that’s just personal opinion and if he scores or assisted I would have to eat my words. 
overall I thought we gave 100 pcent and played well and I would never have a go at a rovers team that gave it there all and lost. However as potentially promising as this team looks the that lack of bite and clinical way of finding a result will cost us. I’m far more encouraged than I have been for along time and we are actually enjoyable to watch for the first time in a long time but as far as promotion goes we just arnt ruthless enough and Tony just hasn’t got that extra tactical wit to get us over the line . It’s sad but it’s true . 

proud yet deflated. Lots of positives and the same few negatives that kill us every time.  A clap and a large sigh 

we go again 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

Didnt deserved to lose tonight. 

Played well. Good in possession tonight. 

Elliott quality. Rothwell good. Armstrong had 8 or 9 shots. Maybe some people thinks hes greedy but that's what happy when he in form. If he scores 2 or 3 of them tonight. Everyone happy

Goal was sloppy defending by Nyambe and Ayala. Both should do better. 

Gallagher should have gone off for Dolan not Holtby. 

Davenport and Buckley too late

Concerning we havent beat a top.6 side if we want to playoffs at least

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

Was an enjoyable game until the first substitution, then it all seemed to go to pieces. I think Moggasaurus has made poor changes in each of the last three games and got away with it the last two but not tonight.

Rothwell and Nyambe the pick for me.Kaminsky had two or three kamikaze moments that would have had the board in meltdown had it been Raya but he got away with them.

One point from two games isn't going to cut the mustard, whilst we did well to rescue a point with ten men Saturday, a team headed for promotion would have nicked a narrow victory tonight rather than the other way round.

We need a manager who will drill a winning mentality into them otherwise we're going nowhere this season and face a mass exodus next.

• Like 3

Armstrong didn’t play for the team tonight , got his own wee quest for top scorer in his head. Would be disgusted if I was his team mate busting a gut to get in the box and watching him fire another one over the bar. Johnson or holtby should have grabbed him at ht and told him to wisen up. Can’t imagine nice guy Tony doing it 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Armstrong. How many chances does one man need? Doesn't matter where he gets it cos he's going to hit it. It's very self indulgent at this point and I know he is top scorer 

He's not always like that. Most shots from distance I can remember him trying in a game for a while. I think he was a bit too obsessed with regaining his top scorer mantle. Plus he is probably aware he hasn't scored a worldie from outside the box this season.

Manager should have been telling him to cut that shit out well before we got to the hour mark, it was obvious he wasn't wearing his super goal boots.

Edited by bluebruce

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

And also, can nobody please say ‘we dominated - look at the stats’. I’m sat here struggling thinking of one effort we had in the box outside of Ayala’s free header. 95% of them at least must have been from 25 yards+. 

If you count Arma's chance when Elliott put him through then there's two, but that's it. Bristol had us sussed fairly early on and took their chance when it came, as all the better teams in the division do. 

This team is grossly overestimated because we play some nice football, in the same way fans underestimated some of our past teams because we played attritional football but got results. 

10th is about right and more or less where we'll be come the end of the season, unless Dack and Trav return and have a major, major impact. 

• Like 2