BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City v Rovers. Wed 9th Dec. 7.45pm

U18_United_v_Blackburn_19_Sept_2020-1160

One for the kit geeks amongst us.

Looking forward to seeing us return to blue shorts, when away and facing teams with white shorts, as seen in the recent youth match against Manchester United.

Also likely to wear the blue shorts away at Stoke on 19th December.

If memory serves correct, the first time we will have worn blue shorts since Charlton away in the 2017/18 season. Where you may remember we wore navy shorts on several occassions

But this will be the first time we've worn a matching shade of blue shorts since Rotherham away on 30th April 2016.

Football - The Football League Sky Bet Championship - Rotherham United v Blackburn  Rovers - Saturday 30th April 2016 - AESSEAL New York Stadium - Rotherham |  CameraSport

My apologies for the picture of Shane Duffy!

45 minutes ago, philipl said:

Odds on reduction of reduction to yellow which means he would still be sent off and face a one game suspension?

I thought the same but I think arbitro said in the Brentford thread that wasn't an option for a red card appeal - it's uphold or rescind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Odds on reduction of reduction to yellow which means he would still be sent off and face a one game suspension?

Can't happen. Red or nothing.

The fact he was already on a yellow shouldn't be any relevance to the appeal whatsoever. Shouldn't being the key word.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, philipl said:

If they go 3-5-2 we are in for a war of attrition.

I think they tried that v Brum and failed.

Usually Bristol City have tried to play open attacking football so they are not that used to packing midfield. They certainly were open and attacking against Reading and were picked off very easily. Had Reading been as lethal with their chances as they were against us they would have hit Bristol City for 8.

That said Bristol City are not used to 3-5-2, we were not used to playing 4-4-1 but it worked second half with different combinations of nine players who probably hadn't practised as nines on the training ground.

Incidentally, did I correctly read Buckley plays right back in ten v ten practise games on Fridays? In which case perhaps I am wrong about that.

Stream of consciousness post here.

Looks like we have to be prepared for facing the total unknown on Wednesday apart from Nakki Wells.

At least Mowbray can concentrate on setting us up to win without over fretting about the opposition.

Bristol City have played with 3 at the back quite regularly in the last 18 months, they had a winger in Niclas Eliasson who was a regular source of assists but could not get into the team often due to the 3 at the back/wing back system that they play. Not sure where the idea comes from that we are about to face the unknown.

27 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Maybe it's just me but I prefer us with blue shorts. Ideally blue shorts, white socks, but that could just be me. 

I have this recurring picture. Blue and white halves, blue shorts, snow on pitch, orange ball...Turf Moor...Stuart Metcalfe spraying the ball imperiously...Waggy rounding the keeper, counting to a hundred (Bastard, just put it in!) before putting the ball into the empty net....So always blue shorts for me!

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Bristol City have played with 3 at the back quite regularly in the last 18 months, they had a winger in Niclas Eliasson who was a regular source of assists but could not get into the team often due to the 3 at the back/wing back system that they play. Not sure where the idea comes from that we are about to face the unknown.

Apologies- you are absolutely right. I guess that Reading game was so fluid it never occurred to me there was any attempt by Bristol City to crowd the midfield.

Reading cut through them at will and there was precious little evidence of 3 central defenders but they were on paper set-up as 3-5-2.

The wing backs/ wing halves were so often defending their respective flanks it looked more 4-4-2.

2 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

U18_United_v_Blackburn_19_Sept_2020-1160

One for the kit geeks amongst us.

Looking forward to seeing us return to blue shorts, when away and facing teams with white shorts, as seen in the recent youth match against Manchester United.

Also likely to wear the blue shorts away at Stoke on 19th December.

If memory serves correct, the first time we will have worn blue shorts since Charlton away in the 2017/18 season. Where you may remember we wore navy shorts on several occassions

But this will be the first time we've worn a matching shade of blue shorts since Rotherham away on 30th April 2016.

Football - The Football League Sky Bet Championship - Rotherham United v Blackburn  Rovers - Saturday 30th April 2016 - AESSEAL New York Stadium - Rotherham |  CameraSport

My apologies for the picture of Shane Duffy!

Top class kit geekery, mate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I looked back through their games on whoscored. Seem to play 352 against the top teams like Watford, Bournemouth and Reading. But last two against Birmingham and QPR they were 433.

Looks like they will switch back to 352 against us I think.

More I think about it I reckon we will change up, but not really sure how. Probably need at least one more midfielder and play a bit more of a direct game as midfield is going to be very congested.

Will be interesting to see what Mowbray does.

I know I am going to be horribly nervous watching this one.

It is the games you know you should progress in and equally know there is a list of reasons as long as your arm why we won't.

Let's have more of that spirit we showed at Brentford. Combine that with the ability our players have deep in the squad and we should be ok... I hope...

Barry Douglas is available tonight. ToMo has revealed he substituted him on Saturday because of the yellow card he picked up and not due to injury. Good news at least.

Any news on Twitter or the like regarding Darragh's appeal against the red card?

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Barry Douglas is available tonight. ToMo has revealed he substituted him on Saturday because of the yellow card he picked up and not due to injury. Good news at least.

Any news on Twitter or the like regarding Darragh's appeal against the red card?

From what I've seen Douglas is worse than Bell defensively but better going forward. Good when we're on top but under the cosh I think it's still our weakest area.

In the summer we need to buy a good long term player or find real quality iin the academy.

Modern full back is such a hard position to play. Need an incredible engine, be decent in the air, good positioning, tackling, pace, physical and also know how to deliver a cross.

• Like 1