Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dack signs new 3 year contract, merry Xmas!

I honestly think all these players are waiting to see what happens with Mowbray et al. If you knew that you could get offers elsewhere & for more money due to a club not having to pay a fee,

Thought this deserved its own thread.  In 23 days Rovers have twelve players out of contract who will be free to make an agreement with foreign clubs to join them on a free in September 2021. The

26 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Can we get a new management team and then let them decide on new contracts?

The owners have just allow the current manager to start signing players for next season. So from that it appears we wont be changing managers and the owners are sticking by Mowbray. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He will be here next season, obviously, but I don’t think the signing of a young full back from Crewe is any sort of marker either way.

Edited by Mattyblue
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JHRover said:

Can we get a new management team and then let them decide on new contracts?

A new CEO would be a good start. Some people do not want change in certain positions, due to the fact that Venkys may opt for worse than we already have. I don't think even Venkys, could appoint a worse CEO than Waggot.

Edited by rigger
Link to post
Share on other sites

One factor not mentioned could be that agreeing a new contract with a player triggers substantial signing and agent bonuses payable upfront. Given we have no gate or commercial income, I suspect Sunhil or Pune are delaying new contracts in the hope that some cash flow will come from somewhere sometime (King, spectators) before the existing contracts reach the point of no return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

One factor not mentioned could be that agreeing a new contract with a player triggers substantial signing and agent bonuses payable upfront. Given we have no gate or commercial income, I suspect Sunhil or Pune are delaying new contracts in the hope that some cash flow will come from somewhere sometime (King, spectators) before the existing contracts reach the point of no return.

The longer goes on though, the greater the leverage of the player and the more likely another club will show interest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Three players that Rovers have been determined to protect has been Joe Rothwell, Ryan Nyambe and Joe Rankin-Costello, with all three of their contracts expiring in June. Rovers hold a 12-month option in Rothwell and Nyambe's contracts, with the agent of the latter suggesting that the extension clause is likely to be triggered as negotiations foil at this stage.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-contracts-update-buckley-19847024.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Three players that Rovers have been determined to protect has been Joe Rothwell, Ryan Nyambe and Joe Rankin-Costello, with all three of their contracts expiring in June. Rovers hold a 12-month option in Rothwell and Nyambe's contracts, with the agent of the latter suggesting that the extension clause is likely to be triggered as negotiations foil at this stage.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-contracts-update-buckley-19847024.amp?__twitter_impression=true

That article worries me. Why would we want to be in contract negotiations with Williams, Evans, Bennett, Johnson and Holtby? Only the latter has any sort of merit even thinking about a new contract and tbh I am not convinced by that. Get shot of the lot of them. None of them are worth new contracts. That's a recipe for holding us back and sabotaging the budget. 

Rothwell, Nayambe and JRC are the only ones we should renew and they are the only three who probably won't want to commit having higher aspirations.

If TM offers contracts to any of the others he's more stupid than I thought. Perfect time for a revamp of the squad. Maybe we could afford a couple of proper permanent defensive signings if we get rid of that dross. 

Why do I bother though. We all know what TM will do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

That article worries me. Why would we want to be in contract negotiations with Williams, Evans, Bennett, Johnson and Holtby? Only the latter has any sort of merit even thinking about a new contract and tbh I am not convinced by that. Get shot of the lot of them. None of them are worth new contracts. That's a recipe for holding us back and sabotaging the budget. 

Rothwell, Nayambe and JRC are the only ones we should renew and they are the only three who probably won't want to commit having higher aspirations.

If TM offers contracts to any of the others he's more stupid than I thought. Perfect time for a revamp of the squad. Maybe we could afford a couple of proper permanent defensive signings if we get rid of that dross. 

Why do I bother though. We all know what TM will do. 

I wouldn't be completely averse to Holtby getting a relatively short term deal and even looking at Chapman again were we to change manager but other than that I couldn't agree more. 

We shouldn't even be entertaining the notion of any form of deals for Williams Evans, Downing, Bennett and Johnson.

I'm sure TM will be desperate to keep them all together if he can though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of an exaggeration with this. Dolan will have been on a very basic academy contract having joined as an academy prospect from Preston. This will just be converting that towards a senior level contract given he has been in the first team squad all season.

These deals like Buckley and Dolan whilst welcome news are not difficult or substantial deals to do. 

I'll be more impressed when it is Armstrong and Nyambe.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm delighted that we have extended the contracts of Buckley and Dolan this week. But this 2 players in 2 days that we have announce new contracts for. Hopefully a couple more contracts announcements this 

50 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'll be more impressed when it is Armstrong

That's the big player we need to sign a new contract

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dolan I am more excited about than Buckley, I also feel that there is value in having him around the squad mainly as an impact sub at this moment in time.

I would say though that the 2 deals done in the last 2 days are the ones who almost certainly wont have attracted any interest elsewhere at this stage, nonsense about 10m for Buckley aside.

The Nyambe one is the elephant in the room. With Armstrong, I suspect it will be nigh on impossible to convince a striker who we are so reliant on for goals to commit to a side stagnating in mid table when with his contract having only a year to run, he could get a move to the Premier League. Whether he will succeed there is beside the point. He could even attract a genuine promotion contender. Nyambe is slightly overrated I feel but still as good as we would probably attract, with plenty of room for growth, and Rankin Costello who also needs a contract is not a full back and thus a huge downgrade there. Its really poor for us to have got into this position and I do hope something unexpected occurs.

Regarding the rest, I think I am the only one not particularly arsed about Rothwell, we have an extension and hes not consistently performed during any of his Rovers career. Makes prudent sense to perhaps extend him by a year or 2 further.

The batch of senior players beyond that, Johnson, Holtby, Evans, Downing, Bennett, Bell etc, my prediction is that most will be offered a new deal, when at most we should offer one of the first two a deal dependant on fitness and form for the rest of the season, if that. We do need experience in the team so we will need to bring one or two in but players that can contribute regularly on the pitch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Bit of an exaggeration with this. Dolan will have been on a very basic academy contract having joined as an academy prospect from Preston. This will just be converting that towards a senior level contract given he has been in the first team squad all season.

These deals like Buckley and Dolan whilst welcome news are not difficult or substantial deals to do. 

I'll be more impressed when it is Armstrong and Nyambe.

 

That's the spirit! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Bit of an exaggeration with this. Dolan will have been on a very basic academy contract having joined as an academy prospect from Preston. This will just be converting that towards a senior level contract given he has been in the first team squad all season.

These deals like Buckley and Dolan whilst welcome news are not difficult or substantial deals to do. 

I'll be more impressed when it is Armstrong and Nyambe.

 

I don't need to be impressed I'm just happy Dolan is tied down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/02/2021 at 15:59, rigger said:

A new CEO would be a good start. Some people do not want change in certain positions, due to the fact that Venkys may opt for worse than we already have. I don't think even Venkys, could appoint a worse CEO than Waggot.

Really?

What was the post assigned to the likes of Agnew, Senior, Singh?

Venky's could always appoint worse.

Ten years tells me that the problem is that the club will never go anywhere under these owners.

It is almost pointless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Really?

What was the post assigned to the likes of Agnew, Senior, Singh?

Venky's could always appoint worse.

Ten years tells me that the problem is that the club will never go anywhere under these owners.

It is almost pointless.

Yes I agree that Waggott is worse than the others you name. My point is that I think we have reached the very bottom with Waggott, and any change would be an improvement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rigger said:

Yes I agree that Waggott is worse than the others you name. My point is that I think we have reached the very bottom with Waggott, and any change would be an improvement.

Unfortunately, I know that is not true under this shower.

Just look at the quality of appointments to key roles at the club, since 2010...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Unfortunately, I know that is not true under this shower.

Just look at the quality of appointments to key roles at the club, since 2010...

 

Opinions Eh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol....

I guess I am merely reminded-bitterly- once again that Blackburn Rovers is not a normal club.

Remember even after the dirty scandal of Steve Kean, these bastards still felt free to change their minds and reject Warnock for "the outstanding candidate"!...the question Cheston wouldn't answer...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Joe Rothwell retakes orchestrating duty as Blackburn Rovers contract situation comes to light - LancsLive

Rothwell's agency, that also happens to represent Joe Rankin-Costello, firmly believe their client warrants more than what Rovers are offering. But to further complicate matters, his agent is increasingly unhappy at the series of substitute appearances he has made in recent weeks, with Rothwell occupying a role from the bench in six of Rovers' last nine fixtures.

As things stand the likelihood is Rovers will have to trigger his one-year clause but that presents a dilemma in the summer, especially with Rothwell's future unresolved. Do the club cash in? It's a similar predicament to that of Adam Armstrong, whose current deal expires in 2022 - and Rovers are going to have to assess all avenues moving forward.

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Joe Rothwell retakes orchestrating duty as Blackburn Rovers contract situation comes to light - LancsLive

Rothwell's agency, that also happens to represent Joe Rankin-Costello, firmly believe their client warrants more than what Rovers are offering. But to further complicate matters, his agent is increasingly unhappy at the series of substitute appearances he has made in recent weeks, with Rothwell occupying a role from the bench in six of Rovers' last nine fixtures.

As things stand the likelihood is Rovers will have to trigger his one-year clause but that presents a dilemma in the summer, especially with Rothwell's future unresolved. Do the club cash in? It's a similar predicament to that of Adam Armstrong, whose current deal expires in 2022 - and Rovers are going to have to assess all avenues moving forward.

 

I agree with his agent.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is any truth, which I would doubt with the Lancs Live being such a flimsy source, then it is depressing to see players who have done barely anything in a Rovers shirt holding us to ransom. Have either done anything to mean they would be a huge miss?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.