BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Contract Situation

I honestly think all these players are waiting to see what happens with Mowbray et al.

If you knew that you could get offers elsewhere & for more money due to a club not having to pay a fee, what possible reason is there for you to stay here under the 3 stooges?

This is something which Venky's will have no idea about in relation to the manager's future. They'll be getting told by Mowbray & his cronies that Nyambe etc aren't committed & don't want to be here so will end up leaving for nowt or next to nowt.  No-one is going to be telling them "look, Ryan & the Joe's won't sign whilst Mowbray's still here. The reality here is that this could cost us £10m (Conservative guess) in incoming transfers & another £10m to realistically replace them like-for-like(which wouldn't happen). That's £20m! Let that sink in".....  ""Shall I clear his desk for him?"

I'm obviously hypothesising here but it wouldn't surprise me if I'm close to the truth.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

The reality here is that this could cost us £10m (Conservative guess) in incoming transfers & another £10m to realistically replace them like-for-like(which wouldn't happen). That's £20m! Let that sink in"

I can't have this. £1.5m for Ryan, a lot less for the junior.  10m for both and you are being conservative?  No way pedro.

He will just put a loan in for nothing. Dumbing down I tell you...

They'll go for nothing and we will spend nothing, and slot in a loan + Benno on lesser terms.....win win for the money men and Mowbray keeps the get along gang together for one last waltz.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2021 at 21:15, windymiller7 said:

I honestly think all these players are waiting to see what happens with Mowbray et al.

If you knew that you could get offers elsewhere & for more money due to a club not having to pay a fee, what possible reason is there for you to stay here under the 3 stooges?

This is something which Venky's will have no idea about in relation to the manager's future. They'll be getting told by Mowbray & his cronies that Nyambe etc aren't committed & don't want to be here so will end up leaving for nowt or next to nowt.  No-one is going to be telling them "look, Ryan & the Joe's won't sign whilst Mowbray's still here. The reality here is that this could cost us £10m (Conservative guess) in incoming transfers & another £10m to realistically replace them like-for-like(which wouldn't happen). That's £20m! Let that sink in".....  ""Shall I clear his desk for him?"

I'm obviously hypothesising here but it wouldn't surprise me if I'm close to the truth.

Yep the absence of a real Blackburn based board of directors. Not employed by or provided by any outside source with their own self interest in mind, or the first team manager.

That is the problem here literally nobody to give the right advice based on what they see and know. Just a gaggle who are telling their side of it and a messenger who's still learning the difference between football and cricket.

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19236536.tony-mowbray-wary-last-resort-rovers-contract-talks/

Seems like the twats over in India have turned the taps off from the sounds of it. You would think considering that all you need to do is ask and they write a cheque that all of these would be sorted by now...

Players like Rothwell and Rankin Costello I cant say would cause me any real worry should they depart, but if the club/manager wants them, surely it makes more financial sense to protect them as assets.

The shell of a squad that will be left is a sad reflection on a manager that is losing the plot too. Squad value my arse. Suspect that a few senior players who dont warrant new deals will be given one to reflect his lack of ruthlessness.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19236536.tony-mowbray-wary-last-resort-rovers-contract-talks/

Seems like the twats over in India have turned the taps off from the sounds of it. You would think considering that all you need to do is ask and they write a cheque that all of these would be sorted by now...

Players like Rothwell and Rankin Costello I cant say would cause me any real worry should they depart, but if the club/manager wants them, surely it makes more financial sense to protect them as assets.

The shell of a squad that will be left is a sad reflection on a manager that is losing the plot too. Squad value my arse. Suspect that a few senior players who dont warrant new deals will be given one to reflect his lack of ruthlessness

This is another reason why Mowbray needed to go a while back. He must be on his last legs and should have no input on who does and doesn't get a new deal.

Should have been down to a new man.

(To be fair to the owners would you give TM any more money)

Edited by RevidgeBlue

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This is another reason why Mowbray needed to go a while back. He must be on his last legs and should have no input on who does and doesn't get a new deal.

Should have been down to a new man.

(To be fair to the owners would you give TM any more money)

I agree he shouldn't be given any more money, but if the owners feel he can't be trusted with any more cash then why haven't they sacked him.

In Mowbray's tenure I will give them some credit for backing him financially and not selling any of his better players but it is just pure negligence to leave the manager and the rest of the sub standard coaching staff in situ.

We are obviously right at the bottom of their list of priorities.I really do not understand how these people haven't lost the family fortune if they treat their other businesses the same way they do us 

Yeah, there is no logic to implying that Venkys are well within their rights to withhold finance due to not trusting the manager. If that was the case, anyone else would have sacked him.

Mowbray is out of his depth but there is no justification for the backwards and negligent ways in which the owners work either.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah, there is no logic to implying that Venkys are well within their rights to withhold finance due to not trusting the manager. If that was the case, anyone else would have sacked him.

Mowbray is out of his depth but there is no justification for the backwards and negligent ways in which the owners work either.

There's no actual evidence they're withholding finance, Mowbray always claims the opposite, that he has to hold the owners back.

Besides is it a case in this instance of them withholding finance per se or Mowbray just unilaterally deciding that he doesn't think players X and Y are worth what they're asking for?

My point about would you give Mowbray any more money was based on the hypothesis that either the decision to remove him will be made in summer or has already been made.

Seems the players not being offered new deals have all been told whilst deals - one way or another - will be sorted for others.

Bye bye Evans, Bennett, Mulgrew, Holtby, Bell and Johnson.

Retainer or 1 year deals extended JRC, Nyambe, Rothwell and Harry.

Being sold - Armstrong!

Thats a huge chunk of cash off the books.

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 1

Not sure how much of that is down to Mowbray or the club being decisive/proactive and how much is just down to being skint/not dealing with contracts.

Seems very convenient that those we are looking to keep all have 1 year option mechanisms in their deals, enabling the club to exercise those quickly and easily without the need for any negotiations, meanwhile those that will require talks and space on the budget to sort are all being left.

They'll have us believe that there's some well thought out plan being followed when really it's just that the deals are ending and there isn't the organisation, money or approval to offer them new ones so off they go.

I'm not losing any sleep about those leaving but they need replacing, under a clueless manager and badly organised club with no money.

Relegation is nailed on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Seems the players not being offered new deals have all been told whilst deals - one way or another - will be sorted for others.

Bye bye Evans, Bennett, Mulgrew, Holtby, Bell and Johnson.

Retainer or 1 year deals extended JRC, Nyambe, Rothwell and Harry.

Being sold - Armstrong!

Thats a huge chunk of cash off the books.

Can I plead for a more durable team which lasts more than one match without wholesale changes. And a Manager that can outthink the opposition Manager(cos this one has never been able to do it). With that and a fit and combative Midfield we would have 65 points this Season and close to QPR and Barnsley.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Thinking that Mowbray will let Bennett, Downing, Holtby, Evans, Bell and Johnson all go is fanciful.

I'd wager he'll be looking to keep at least half of those unless he's firmly been told he can't.

Definitely. I wouldn't imagine they will get a better deal than a Mowbray special here. If/when Venkys give him the green light to stay on. No wonder there is no dissent from the lads 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not sure how much of that is down to Mowbray or the club being decisive/proactive and how much is just down to being skint/not dealing with contracts.

Seems very convenient that those we are looking to keep all have 1 year option mechanisms in their deals, enabling the club to exercise those quickly and easily without the need for any negotiations, meanwhile those that will require talks and space on the budget to sort are all being left.

They'll have us believe that there's some well thought out plan being followed when really it's just that the deals are ending and there isn't the organisation, money or approval to offer them new ones so off they go.

I'm not losing any sleep about those leaving but they need replacing, under a clueless manager and badly organised club with no money.

Relegation is nailed on.

I suspect the contract situation is mainly down to Venky inertia. Can't blame Mowbray because it really should be nothing to do with him.

• Like 1

I just reckon they are all assuming the budget will be similar to last season but there might be no transfer funds. So the room on the wage bill from departures will be used for new recruits in the form of loans & frees.

A scenario we've seen plenty times before, a sale or two might just might put a bit more in the pot. Like i said i think they as well as us are just assuming this probably from the noises being made by the middleman.

Of course no one will really know until they've had their summer meetings. Also i reckon the situation in India is playing a huge part in this as there's likely to be no travel out there again. Maybe the middleman has hightailed it back again whilst he's had the chance.

So the assumption from everyone will just be carry on as normal unless you hear different. I reckon it's as simple as that, so in reality anything could happen but it really is unlikely anything will.

Paralysis and pension funds not pushing on and play offs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Blackburn Rovers contract state of play ahead of proposed summer rebuild - LancsLive

Activated 1 year extensions of RN, JRC, and JR according to this, but not yet Chapman. 

“After assessing their left-back scenario and seeking cover for Harry Pickering next season, Rovers performed a U-Turn on Amari'i Bell and offered fresh terms but it's acknowledged that the 27-year-old would rather seek opportunities elsewhere than stay on at Ewood.”

Ouch. Can we sink any lower?

• Like 5

Just now, Stuart said:

“After assessing their left-back scenario and seeking cover for Harry Pickering next season, Rovers performed a U-Turn on Amari'i Bell and offered fresh terms but it's acknowledged that the 27-year-old would rather seek opportunities elsewhere than stay on at Ewood.”

Mowbray's got a year left, I'm sure we will!

51 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Well I'm not sure what worries me more. Firstly that we want to keep Bell. If that's the standard we are looking at, even as squad players we are asking for trouble. 

But even worse Bell thinks he can do better than us. That is a damning indictment of how low we have sunk (as you say.) Talk about struggling, that's terrible. 

• Like 2

A quote from the LT comments from a Skip Donoghue:-

You are correct about the younger players being on peanuts in comparison to the more senior players that have left, Warton has just signed a new deal and had an increase(not been made public yet) JRC is the lowest paid in the whole squad, his contract is being dragged out by the powers that be in the club, they are trying to low ball him even though he isn't asking for anything the other young players are on, I have been told he is majorly not happy with the people who run the club, he gets on great with TM and all the staff and wants to stay, but it's looking more likely he will leave and he is on the verge of asking for his contract to be cancelled, that's how strongly he feels about the way the club are treating him with total disrespect and he is irked by the faceless suits that run the club, so watch this space as far as JRC is concerned

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

A quote from the LT comments from a Skip Donoghue:-

You are correct about the younger players being on peanuts in comparison to the more senior players that have left, Warton has just signed a new deal and had an increase(not been made public yet) JRC is the lowest paid in the whole squad, his contract is being dragged out by the powers that be in the club, they are trying to low ball him even though he isn't asking for anything the other young players are on, I have been told he is majorly not happy with the people who run the club, he gets on great with TM and all the staff and wants to stay, but it's looking more likely he will leave and he is on the verge of asking for his contract to be cancelled, that's how strongly he feels about the way the club are treating him with total disrespect and he is irked by the faceless suits that run the club, so watch this space as far as JRC is concerned

Skip posts on here.

• Like 1