BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Canaries. Sat 12th Dec 3pm

Roy Keane is an enigma style manager but so was Souness.

He'd either come in and drive a rocket up the place and we might have a spectacular short ride upwards. Or overnight it would turn to shite and we'd still end up midtable.

For all the fear of could do worse than Mowbray i don't feel Kean would be the worst appointment a crew like Venkys could make.

Not sure what that says though.

Edited by tomphil

18 hours ago, tomphil said:

Roy Keane is an enigma style manager but so was Souness.

He'd either come in and drive a rocket up the place and we might have a spectacular short ride upwards. Or overnight it would turn to shite and we'd still end up midtable.

For all the fear of could do worse than Mowbray i don't feel Kean would be the worst appointment a crew like Venkys could make.

Not sure what that says though.

Ya , exactly. It would either be spectacular a la his job at Sunderland, or he wouldn't last long due to falling out with everyone and a player mutiny. I would suspect the former to be honest. He would fall out with everyone eventually though lol

He said a few times recently he is waiting for the right offer. I am sure he has been offered things, we might be surprised what he has turned down to be honest. I reckon he would see Rovers as worth a go.  

We would certainly be on Sky a lot more anyway! 

As @DE.says though, Venkys and Keane could be like oil and water 😆 but I do think he is learning to tone it down a bit 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think that we are in a position whereby we need someone to come in and crack a few heads together, we arent in a position whereby there is a mutiny, there is a damaged team spirit, its just we may need someone to take ue on the next step.

More about increasing motivation, raising standards and trying to win more games rather than "cracking heads'. 

Anyway we are only tossing the ball round, there won't be a managerial change this season. 

On 15/12/2020 at 13:00, tomphil said:

You never know though because they are a starry eyed bunch and he is a big name. They'd probably relish being associated with something like that and maybe he'd get the big backing.

Keane would be a horrendous appointment IMO. Rather like Souness, Ferguson and Mourinho, he picks fights with people, targets players he doesn't like, and usually creates a nasty atmosphere of division and distrust. I wouldn't mind if he had a stellar record like those three but he's failed more often than he's succeeded. Keane is managerial poison. Avoid. 

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Keane would be a horrendous appointment IMO. Rather like Souness, Ferguson and Mourinho, he picks fights with people, targets players he doesn't like, and usually creates a nasty atmosphere of division and distrust. I wouldn't mind if he had a stellar record like those three but he's failed more often than he's succeeded. Keane is managerial poison. Avoid. 

He's only managed two clubs at Sunderland he was a big success and at Ipswich he wasn't really a success or failure just average.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I know people assume certain things about Keane but is there much actual evidence he's such a t**t ?

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I know people assume certain things about Keane but is there much actual evidence he's such a t**t ?

Lots of stuff like this around

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8834199/Crazy-tales-Roy-Keanes-managerial-career-Class-92-consider-Salford-job.html

Would you really want him at Ewood?

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Depends on the circumstances but like I said the other day, these lot and their pals could offer up worse.