BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Canaries. Sat 12th Dec 3pm

On 11/12/2020 at 00:18, Ossydave said:

Its getting on my tits a bit this losing points to the teams above us. I can honestly say I don't think any of them have really shown us up over the course of a game, they've simply been more clinical and we've had blatant lapses in concentration that have cost us. Reading and Watford both games we conceded 2 goals in quick succession. Bournemouth we gave as good as we got and a few quality strikes did us over.

Not saying its acceptable for one minute, just frustrating. 

And it must change, on Saturday it will.

People are being harsh on Douglas in my opinion, given his game time the past few seasons he is a bit rusty. No its not ideal, but now is the time, if possible, to stick with a settled back 4. The commentary alluded to how many different combos we'd had this season on Wednesday- admittedly this is largely down to injuries. Ayala and Lenihan for me and the full backs pick themselves.

I'd be inclined to slot Dolan in for Gallagher too. They'll be preparing to face Gallagher so throw a spanner in the works and let Dolan run at them, 2 totally different players to face up against. We looked too flat on Wednesday and Dolan cab bring a spark and some energy. Whilst people vented frustration at Armo, he was feeding off scraps. My second change would be Downing for Holtby. Largely ineffective again the other night and I'd like to see some quality through balls from Downing for Mr Armstrong to run onto. Also gives us better delivery options on set pieces, which have been woeful.

3-1 Rovers.

Good post, true about being undone by some quality.  Gave me a bit of a lift.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Definitely Camus.

Mowbray said this: "After many years during which I saw many things, what I know most surely about morality and the duty of man I owe to sport and learned it in the Racing Universitaire Algerios (RUA)Boro youth team"

I've got a few of those " Philosophy Football " shirts, my favourite is  - " Beyond The Touchline There Is Nothing ".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Surely Ayala had to start today. It’s almost as if Mowbray didn’t realise until he was through the door that he may not work well with Lenihan. 

Nyambe used to be Tony's scapegoat. Now it's Ayala. Neither was born on Teeside. Just sayin...

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama