BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Rotherham Utd. (h) Wed. 16th Dec. 7.45pm

Just now, Tormund said:

I know we all moan but when do we ever do this like we’ve done to Barnsley, Millwall and Rotherham, grinding out results has never been us. Get in

Yes but "grinding out results" suggests your team is in control. In those games we were not in control, we were lucky to edged the game with fortunate goals.

We have a serious problem in that it is now very very obvious how to make our tactical system stop working.  All the opposition need to do is play3 at the back, pack midfield, be aggressive and be direct. Even the most modest teams can play that way.

We need an alternative to our current system desperately. We are not going to get promoted just playing the same way over and over and praying for fortuitous goals to get us out of jail.

• Like 2

Needs to start playing his best players. Putting Buckley in and keeping Gallagher on for almost an entire match was obviously not working. Especially against these lower league teams. Keep Trybull in the team he breaks up play. Holtby may be an inconsistent sod but he's always capable of getting about and putting a ball in. And Dolan replaces Brereton as a nuisance which takes a defender off Armstrong.

Also Downing made a difference! Thought he played well.

Edited by booth
  • Like 5

I was willing to give Douglas a chance, nothing against him he’s shown at times he’s got a decent left peg on him but age and time catches up with you and his legs are gone for me, send him back in Jan and bring someone else in, neither him or Bell are good enough for us. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The midfield killed us today and sadly, with Buckley, we were playing with ten for large part.  Subs did the job.  Felt sorry for TM actually, he looked under a lot of pressure.

Mowbray is under no pressure whatsoever. Maybe he had a bet on for Elliott to get a goal or something.

The midfield killed us today and sadly, with Buckley, we were playing with ten for large part.  Subs did the job.  Felt sorry for TM actually, he looked under a lot of pressure.

He picks the team, he gets the arrows, needs to be under pressure, when is ben and bradley back ASAP i hope.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

I'm sure Gallagher has concrete in his boots instead of feet. His first touch is awful and his second is usually a tackle to try and get the ball back

i actually don`t think he`s that bad if you play him as a c/f and get some crosses and balls played in to him,is`nt going to happen in the mowbray tenure though,which begs the question,why the **** did you spend 5 million quid on him🥵

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

To the extent he's under pressure, which I actually doubt, he's brought it upon himself with sub standard performances and results over a number of seasons.

He's exceptionally lucky to still be in a job and quite possibly wouldn't be if we had a normal Chief Exec/Manager relationship where they were at arms length.

• Like 3

Buckley is pretty reasonable on the ball it’s what he does off it that creates problems. There was a point in the second half where he rolled the ball to nyambe but didn’t run into space to receive a return. Nyambe was pointing where to go and he was jogging. Travis for example wouldn’t need telling and watching Nyambe develop nor would he.

The main difference between last season and this is that we are scoring late goals rather than conceding them.

Otherwise its the same old story. A better squad than last season but isn't reflected on the field.

If we'd played a top team with that performance we would have been hammered.

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i actually don`t think he`s that bad if you play him as a c/f and get some crosses and balls played in to him,is`nt going to happen in the mowbray tenure though,which begs the question,why the **** did you spend 5 million quid on him🥵

He bought him for Armstrong's position but because Armstrong now can't be dropped due to sheer amount of goals scored, he's nowhere to put his £5m man. So he just shoves him out there and hopes for the best. I truly believe it's as simple as that.

If Armstrong hadn't have scored all those goals I have no doubt he'd be out wide.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2