BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Rotherham Utd. (h) Wed. 16th Dec. 7.45pm

5 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Kaminsky, Nyambe , Ayala held the back together 

Rothwell must have wondered whether he had any midfield with him

Elliott looked what he is...a quality player 

as for the rest nothing to be said...Mowbray’s line up was shocking..

....Gallagher is not  a championship player ...    

.....Buckley , slow, weak, not ready 

.....Armstrong.....shocking body language ....

.....Johnson....unfit, no pace

... ..Lenihan....another pub player performance ...

......Douglas.....no words

......Bell ....having a laugh 

All this down to our “ performance “coach , Mr Mowbray  .

I couldn’t even enjoy the winner ...and I will not be able to listen to Mowbray as he will spout more utter shite    ....and some will believe him 🤬                                      

Hear hear Brother

Edited by BankEnd Rover

56 minutes ago, superniko said:

Armstrong has found his level now anyway, bottom half of the championship. I’d snap anyones hand off for £15m+ for him. 

Yep, replace him with the goal-fest that is  Gallacher/Brereton. 

I repeat for the 20th time, there are 15 more players to get into before AA.  He is not our problem. He produces quality when it matters. Very few others do at the moment. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

We'd cut through Rotherham like a hot knife through butter if Brereton was playing, sadly we aren't finding this quite so easy without him.

I think we'll edge it 2-1 which will do, but looking forward to his return and banging a few more goals in again. 

Pretty much called it, although a bit later than expected!

Very poor tonight and again missing something in the final 3rd most of the game, a Brereton shaped hole in my opinion. There's nobody dragging defenders out of position, nobody making those driving runs either, we've gone from being bloody hard work to defend against to being very, very basic. Of course this may well revert back in January if players touted to be back then suffer no further setbacks. As it stand we need to stagger and bumble our way through the next 4 games or so.

Douglas again was poor, looks nervous and again perhaps an indirect consequence of poor cover in front of him. Regardless of that he needs to improve though.

The knack of late goals is a fairly unfamiliar trait and would usually result in a few bruises from falling over seats, steps and fellow fans. Not sure what to attribute it to though? Is it a never say die attitude, improved fitness, the increased number of subs? Or just good old fashioned luck? Not sure, but I'll take it, not least tonight when quite frankly it was undeserved.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Just enjoy the win, lad.

It's almost Christmas after all!

Piss take but a typical reply. That was about as bad a performance as you’ll see. Today we got lucky. Most times we won’t.

“Lad”

• Like 1

It wasn’t pretty, but these home games against lesser teams never are. We know what to expect. It was vital we got 3 points after the last tough 3 games, and we got them.

We have learnt already this season that when we play our best we don’t win, and sometimes like tonight and Millwall when we are poor we do win. Points is all that matters.

A win away at Stoke would be fantastic and we are more then capable of that.

• Like 2

Mowbray Said this about Adarabiyoyo: said: "Ultimately, we couldn't afford him, that's the first part of the question. This is why this loan system is really good because not in a million years could we afford Tosin Adarabioyo. We’ll wait and see, but I'm not thinking sat here that Tosin will be starting next season with us, unless Man City do us a huge favour of course, I'm not sure that will be the case.

then he signed for Fulham for 2m

• Like 2

Just now, alcd said:

How does Buckley start ahead of Davenport who is not even in a 20 man squad? Buckley is way out of depth at this level. 

Buckley instead of Holtby ?  Buckley is 21 but plays like he's 17 (the opposite to Elliott). He needs to spend a season in league one and get 40 games under his belt.

At present he's just a lightweight and should never start a game

• Like 3

Just now, neophox said:

Mowbray Said this about Adarabiyoyo: said: "Ultimately, we couldn't afford him, that's the first part of the question. This is why this loan system is really good because not in a million years could we afford Tosin Adarabioyo. We’ll wait and see, but I'm not thinking sat here that Tosin will be starting next season with us, unless Man City do us a huge favour of course, I'm not sure that will be the case.

then he signed for Fulham for 2m

And a salary of about 60k per week most likely

• Like 2

As much as we 100% didn't deserve it...

Is there anything more satisfying to watch then a team who have played like time-wasting shithouses for 97 minutes, desperately spirit around in the 98th trying to equalise.

I'd have felt bad had we scored in the 81st-94th minute as we were garbage. The fact the game got to 97:40, and they lost, is deserved punishment for (needless) time-wasting anti football.

Ps. Mowbray out.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

Words fail me. Wow!

Take the 3 points and move on to the next Tony Tombola show.

Keeping it positive, Elliott and Nyambe deserve all the praise being given them and Arma looked embarrassed to be doing the Angel of the North...

FFS ...give over ...