BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Roving Report. 10/3/2003

Alan75

Newcastle Transfer

Rovers have dismissed suggestions in the weekend papers relating transfer bids from Newcastle for David Dunn and Lucas Neill.

Speaking to thisislancashire Souness is reported to have said "It's absolute nonsense, A year ago David's agent was trying to tout him around various clubs and I got a call from Gordon Milne, Newcastle's director of football, to say that they weren't interested in David and as far as I know that is still the case.

With regards to Lucas Neill, Souness is reported to have said. "It wouldn't surprise me if there was interest in Lucas Neill because he's done very well for us, So I wouldn't blame anyone for fancying a move for him but he's one that I wouldn't want to let go."

To read the full thisislancashire article please go to http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/lancashire/sport/LETTOPSPORT1.html

Treatment Room

There is a question mark on whether Dunn will be fit to play against Arsenal, as he has had further hamstring problems in training.

On the bright side Damian Duff and Craig Short have recovered from their injuries and should be available for selection against Arsenal on Saturday.

Hakan Sukar

Boltons Sam Allardyce is reported to be interested in signing Hakan Sukur in the summer if Wanderers manage to beat the drop. However Souness remains confident of signing the Turkish international, subject to his performances between now and the end of the season.

Matt Jansen

Rovers on loan striker Matt Jansen missed Coventry's 2-2 draw with Wimbledon on Saturday at Highfield Road, due to a stomach bug

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.