BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke City v Rovers (a) Sat. 19th Dec. 3pm

Embarrassing to see a side shut up shop from the 6th minute. They got the result but acted like a lower league cup opponent. Very strange. 

Too blunt in attack and not sure about taking our biggest aerial threat off for another diminutive attacker.

We’re not going up so it is what it is. Such a cheap goal to concede but when you only have one fit CB I guess it’s not surprising.

Bottom line, we can’t keep conceding and expect to get back into games. We’re not solid enough and too often find ourselves with a mountain to climb. We also need a plan B going forward. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

So that’s O’Neil’s stoke. Horrible awful ugly. We lacked the guile but Christ they’re negative and that’s at home. The worst I’ve witnesssed. Will they get promoted no chance a group of old lags. If that’s what they want to put out good luck to them. 

They will finish above us ...

• Like 4

20 games in is a good time to reflect on the manager's position. We're playing better football but the results are the same as they've been for the past 2 seasons. We're not a million miles away from the play offs so I'd stick with TM over the festive period and then re-evaluate in early Jan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Just not clever enough, sooner Dack and Big Ben are back the better.  I just have heartburn with games like this and Mowbary pulls the creative players with route one types then does not go route one.  I don't mean lumoing balls forward but turn and head.tiwards goal not tippy tappy along the back line

We have no one up there remotely capable of winning direct balls /longish balls like that, especially not against a team like Stoke. 

When teams sit deep against us, we are always going to struggle. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The problem we've got is that we don't have a plan b.

If we can't pass through a side we're stumped. No point hitting all those crosses into the box with Gallagher, Elliot and Armstrong upfront. 

That game needed someone of Danny Graham's experience up front.  We have no options.  Gallagher is useless. Everyone else can only run sideways or down the line.

Poor recruitment. 

Keeper decent. 

Can't even make the league a our trusty league one defence now.

Midfield to slow - Downing, Trybul, Holtby, all do the same thing. 

No options up front. Elliott, Armstrong, Dolan, Butterworth all too similar.

Feck off Mowbray.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

20 games in is a good time to reflect on the manager's position. We're playing better football but the results are the same as they've been for the past 2 seasons. We're not a million miles away from the play offs so I'd stick with TM over the festive period and then re-evaluate in early Jan.

we are stuck with mowbray till he decides to resign or retire,it`s not going to happen soon

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have no one up there remotely capable of winning direct balls /longish balls like that, especially not against a team like Stoke. 

When teams sit deep against us, we are always going to struggle. 

It's almost like we could do with a 6'4" centre forward being played in his actual position in the middle and not out on the left bloody wing...

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 4

I’m less deflated by this than some of the other performances recently. We deserved more from that than Rotherham, Millwall etc. Few things do stand out though:

- Has to be the end for Gallagher, can only be a bit part sub for time wasting in the last 10 mins now, if even that. Surely when Dack and Brereton are back he doesn’t start (shouldn’t now either)

- I’m usually a defender of Buckley but he isn’t there, too slow for our style with 3 midfielders. Needs a loan in January to a L1 team. 

- Mowbray has to take a lot / all of the blame for this, he didn’t need to change the whole midfield, no game until Saturday, they’ve been rotated a lot recently anyway so all fully fit. Only the Gallagher change was needed. 

It’s not over, 6th is to play for easily, but we need to put away these ‘easier’ games coming up. 

We’re cowards and have been for years, you see it when we concede, Lenihan always looks around at everyone when we concede and they all walk away heads down. No motivators. No Nelsons, Sambas, Hendrys, Battys, Savages. Same with the manager. Is Tony gonna give the defenders a bollocking like Big Sam or Hughes would in recent times? No chance, more likely to make a bizarre comment on one of our youngsters 

• Like 2

Hmm, given how Boro and Stoke are now above us with managers with less than 12 months in the role, you do wonder how TM gets such an easy ride after 3 years plus in the role. 

Some terrible decisions, basic decisions from the manager, which utterly hinder the team. Taking off arguably our best player in Trybull? Playing Gally on the wing? Needs Ng a midfielder at CB? It really doesn't help us whatsoever. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The problem we've got is that we don't have a plan b.

If we can't pass through a side we're stumped. No point hitting all those crosses into the box with Gallagher, Elliot and Armstrong upfront. 

Agreed. We have to find a way to go front to back quicker. Fannying about sideways just gives teams time to organise and sit in and we never look like breaking that down.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, superniko said:

It’s not over, 6th is to play for easily, but we need to put away these ‘easier’ games coming up. 

We’re cowards and have been for years, you see it when we concede, Lenihan always looks around at everyone when we concede and they all walk away heads down. No motivators. No Nelsons, Sambas, Hendrys, Battys, Savages. Same with the manager. Is Tony gonna give the defenders a bollocking like Big Sam or Hughes would in recent times? No chance, more likely to make a bizarre comment on one of our youngsters 

How can it not be over if we have a team of cowards who can't be motivated when under the cosh?

All I want for Christmas is...

A better manager.

Not a lot of love for Tony on Facebook tonight. I imagine his super fans will be trying their best to make up excuses whilst drinking a couple of tinnies, then falling back on the old chestnut "call yourself a fan?!"

4 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

It's almost like we could do with a 6'4" centre forward being played in his actual position in the middle and not out on the left bloody wing...

It's almost like we could do with our big 6'4 centre forward being able to actually anticipate the flight of the ball and actually win a header for once in his career. 

• Like 2