BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke City v Rovers (a) Sat. 19th Dec. 3pm

Just now, booth said:

All I want for Christmas is...

A better manager.

Not a lot of love for Tony on Facebook tonight. I imagine his super fans will be trying their best to make up excuses whilst drinking a couple of tinnies, then falling back on the old chestnut "call yourself a fan?!"

Call yourself a fan!😷

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

They will finish above us ...

I bet you they don’t. We are not great but what they dished up is only successful now and again. They got away with that shite because we are, so let’s not start applauding that demonstration of how to play football has a home side. Stinks and if we did that( not that we’re capable you and I would be screaming). Away ok decent but not on your home patch. Never ever can you accept that. Unless your playing Barcelona. It was like a cup tie prem v northern conference. Shameful. 

That is not defending us but is a criticism of what if just watched stoke wheel out.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Things I don’t want for Christmas:

Hearing about how unattractive Stoke are on the eye, or how much possession we had, or any other similar hard luck stories.

Things I do want for Christmas:

Us to be accountable for allowing strikers free headers in the six yard box (ideally to stop it happening) and for us to be able to use our quality to make our possession count. 

The warnings were there with our last few performances, but getting away with it, which was incredibly satisfying, granted. 

We need to start improving badly. I’d be keen to see Dolan starting again. Must be ridiculously frustrating for him to know he can do more than Gallagher and observing this from the bench. 
Not good at all.

I would love to see the correlation between people complaining about football being a business, but also demanding entertainment. 

Sport is about winning, regardless of the tactics employed. I'd bet there aren't that many Stoke fans crying into their beers right now over playing attritional football - considering where they were a season ago, and where they are now. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

It's almost like we could do with our big 6'4 centre forward being able to actually anticipate the flight of the ball and actually win a header for once in his career. 

He's going to get better at that out on the left, isn't he? So, either Mowbray paid 5 million for Gallagher as a winger or he's completely dropped the ball, hasn't he?

Besides, he doesn't even need to win the headers. He just needs to be enough of a handful so that the likes of Arma and Elliot can pounce on loose balls 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

How can it not be over if we have a team of cowards who can't be motivated when under the cosh?

Because despite the fact we’re cowards we’re still 5 points off top with Sheff Wed, Hudds and Birmingham next to play to take us to playing each team once. 
You can be cowards and still finish 6th. You can’t win the league though or get remotely close to that. 
Likewise, there’s a very small chance Mowbray addresses it in January (I doubt it) or Dack/Travis give us that bit more bite especially Travis when they’re back. 

Edited by superniko

He’s supposed to be a man of integrity 

“ I will know when I’ve taken this team as far as it can go “

We know Tony, and we’ve known for 2 plus seasons....you are a decent  man but you do an absolutely dreadful job ....No hope for our club whilst you remain ...forget the return of Dack and Co .....he wouldn’t know where / how to play them . Gutless on and off the field ...easy street for Mowbray, Waggott et al 

Disgusted ....thank God I can’t get into ground. 

Edited by Dolly blue
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we are stuck with mowbray till he decides to resign or retire,it`s not going to happen soon

I agree. He’s set up the infrastructure around him which has allowed Venkys to step back. I don’t think they’d know what to do if Mowbray left as others would probably follow him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

It's almost like we could do with a 6'4" centre forward being played in his actual position in the middle and not out on the left bloody wing...

He would get out muscled in there if we went route 1 to him. 

Danny Graham about 6 foot, but much, much more effective at holding the ball up. Gallagher needs to man up. He's not as good as Brereton at running with the ball, so he needs to stop doing that. He usually ends giving the ball away by hitting it off the defender. It's hard to watch. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Embarrassing to see a side shut up shop from the 6th minute. They got the result but acted like a lower league cup opponent. Very strange. 

Acting like a lower league cup opponent by winning comfortably all game and not even needing to get out of first gear?

It'd be nice to have a bit of strangeness at Ewood for once. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, superniko said:

Because despite the fact we’re cowards we’re still 5 points off top with Sheff Wed, Hudds and Birmingham next to play to take us to playing each team once. 
You can be cowards and still finish 6th. You can’t win the league though or get remotely close to that. 

Honestly I don't think a team of cowards could finish 6th over a full season (has any team finished in the playoffs having never beaten a team in the top half?) - and even if they did somehow finish sixth they would surely buckle under the pressure of the playoffs. In fact I would practically guarantee that a Tony Mowbray Rovers side would fall at the first hurdle and get nowhere near the final. 

23 minutes ago, Doogs said:

If only we could defend end of  What is sickening is that we have all known for 3 years we cant defend. What the hell is Tony not getting?

I don’t think that he doesn’t get it. I just ding think he’s got the ability to do anything about it. The evidence of this isn’t what we’re seeing it’s a pattern of his entire career

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Honestly I don't think a team of cowards could finish 6th over a full season (has any team finished in the playoffs having never beaten a team in the top half?) - and even if they did somehow finish sixth they would surely buckle under the pressure of the playoffs. In fact I would practically guarantee that a Tony Mowbray Rovers side would fall at the first hurdle and get nowhere near the final. 

Yep.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to ever play any team in the playoffs who haven't finished in the top half, so... 

• Like 1