BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke City v Rovers (a) Sat. 19th Dec. 3pm

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Rothwell deserves more criticism than Buckley for last night and against Forest the senior players were poor aswell.

Give it a rest. When Bucko scores a goal like Joe did the other day then he gets a pass when he plays shit.  Joe can drift past players in his sleep that Bucko could only dream of doing....come on.

Bucko hasn't done anything of note in his whole career to date.  Mr Average in every aspect of his game.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Give it a rest. When Bucko scores a goal like Joe did the other day then he gets a pass when he plays shit.  Joe can drift past players in his sleep that Bucko could only dream of doing....come on.

Bucko hasn't done anything of note in his whole career to date.  Mr Average in every aspect of his game.

No you give it a rest with your weird obsession with younger players and being over critical.

If you took the time to read my post I said clearly Rothwell is the better player but let's not pretend that Rothwell has been anything but average in his time here.

Rothwell has talent no doubt about it but he is 25 and has spent his career in league 1 and the rest of the time on our bench mostly.

Rothwell has not YET delivered on his promise the stats clearly prove that.A few nice dribbles and runs that lead to nothing isn't good play imo

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Jesus Tony is that you? What a load of complete twonk. 

Rothwell should be considered a senior player.He wasn't as bad as Buckley last night but he still played crap.

If you think Rothwell played well last night then I think it's you talking twonk.

Rothwell has had plenty and plenty of chances and goes missing absolute loads.Like I have said the talent is clearly there but one goal or assist every 20 appearances isn't good enough for a player with his attributes

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Rothwell should be considered a senior player.He wasn't as bad as Buckley last night but he still played crap.

If you think Rothwell played well last night then I think it's you talking twonk.

Rothwell has had plenty and plenty of chances and goes missing absolute loads.Like I have said the talent is clearly there but one goal or assist every 20 appearances isn't good enough for a player with his attributes

No one played well last night. Out of everyone, like the last few games, he’s the only one that looks like doing anything. We have a donkey on the wing & Tony’s tombola boy playing like a rabbit in headlights but Tony still takes Joe off. Mowbray knit picks at Rothwell & the moment he’s lost a little momentum, he’s off. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

No one played well last night. Out of everyone, like the last few games, he’s the only one that looks like doing anything. We have a donkey on the wing & Tony’s tombola boy playing like a rabbit in headlights but Tony still takes Joe off. Mowbray knit picks at Rothwell & the moment he’s lost a little momentum in a he’s off. 

Rothwell has talent but how many times last night did he get the ball with space in front of him and he didn't drive into it.

I like Rothwell but he doesn't get the numbers a player with his attributes should and he does go missing an awful lot.

I agree it looks like Mowbray harder on Rothwell but Rothwell has been here a few years now and is still doing the same old things in matches and his numbers in terms of goals and assists is terrible if we are going to be truthful.

I know it's the in thing on here to blame everything on Mowbray but surely Rothwell should take some responsibility for his own performances.He is 25 years old and his career to date has been spent in league one and for the majority of his time here on the bench that isn't good enough for someone with his talent .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Rothwell has talent but how many times last night did he get the ball with space in front of him and he didn't drive into it

Probably worried that he had no proper back up in Bucko if he lost it.  

Rothwell is in our best 11, he's assisted, scored a beauty last week and consistently picks the ball up and takes the game to the opposition.  He has credit in the bank and we forgive the odd poor game because we know what he is capable of.

We cannot say the same about the Mr Buckley.

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Having read your negative comments on Bucko for a while, I really did feel you had some form of vendetta against him for some reason, to the point of thinking that he must be your wife's illegitimate son or something!

That said, having watching him play for a while recently, I feel that some of your negative views may have an element of truth. He does flatter to deceive but does have something about him in terms of potential, even though he gives the impression that he's afraid of his own shadow at times. After all, were United and Everton not supposed to be courting his services a couple of years back? They must have seen something in him.

I feel that he's not yet ready for regular Championship football, needs to beef up a bit and probably sent away on loan in January to gain more experience of 'grown up football'.

Remember that fella' who cost £7 million and everybody wrote off as a dud (including me), now we're all clamouring for his first team return, who'd 'ave thowt it? Players can come good and perhaps Bucko is the current Jason Wilcox, who will then go on to have a sterling career! I bet you used to stand in the old  Nuttall St Enclosure Sparks?!

Give the lad a break, you just never know!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 6

Brereton update & Rovers defender out for 'months not weeks' | Lancashire Telegraph

“Huge credit to Derrick, he played with an injury, that was the players’ decision, and it probably hasn’t done him any favours, or us any favours long-term, because it now looks like it could keep him out for a sustained time.”

No wonder there are so many long-term injuries. Letting the players and not the medical team decide is nonsense. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Brereton update & Rovers defender out for 'months not weeks' | Lancashire Telegraph

“Huge credit to Derrick, he played with an injury, that was the players’ decision, and it probably hasn’t done him any favours, or us any favours long-term, because it now looks like it could keep him out for a sustained time.”

No wonder there are so many long-term injuries. Letting players not the medical team decide, is nonsense. 

Wow. Given Ayala was fit, that’s an absolutely ludicrous decision by Mowbray and our medical team. Forget Derrick FFS, he shouldn’t be telling us he’s starting.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Having read your negative comments on Bucko for a while, I really did feel you had some form of vendetta against him for some reason, to the point of thinking that he must be your wife's illegitimate son or something!

That said, having watching him play for a while recently, I feel that some of your negative views may have an element of truth. He does flatter to deceive but does have something about him in terms of potential, even though he gives the impression that he's afraid of his own shadow at times. After all, were United and Everton not supposed to be courting his services a couple of years back? They must have seen something in him.

I feel that he's not yet ready for regular Championship football, needs to beef up a bit and probably sent away on loan in January to gain more experience of 'grown up football'.

Remember that fella' who cost £7 million and everybody wrote off as a dud (including me), now we're all clamouring for his first team return, who'd 'ave thowt it? Players can come good and perhaps Bucko is the current Jason Wilcox, who will then go on to have a sterling career! I bet you used to stand in the old  Nuttall St Enclosure Sparks?!

To be fair Brereton had done a lot more at Forrest than Buckley has done in senior football, so we had that to cling to lol. 

Buckley now is luxury we can't afford. We have midfielders who can do more for the team. The step up from under 23 football is huge and you can see it with him. He probably should have been sent out on loan already, but as was mentioned the other day, would any league 1 manager guarantee him starts? I remember league 1 and I don't remember any players that slight in the midfield 

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

We'll lose this. Michael O'Neill will have out thought and out maneuvered Tony who will be focusing on listing off the entire Stoke squad, describing why each and every single one of them is a huge threat to little old Blackburn Rovers. 

Very possible. I would certainly take a draw right now if offered it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I feel that some of your negative views may have an element of truth. He does flatter to deceive ?

Players can come good and perhaps Bucko is the current Jason Wilcox, who will then go on to have a sterling career! I bet you used to stand in the old  Nuttall St Enclosure Sparks?!

He doesn't flatter to deceive as he has never done anything of note in any match.

Do you mean the england international and Premier league winning winger, Wilcox?  When Jason was 18 he was dribbling past players in the reserves who had played for England and current pros coming back from injury...I watched the reserves every home game when he was a trainee.

I'll give him a break when he's gone and is playing at a level he should be. National League....we aren't a charity and I feel he is getting special treatment.  Why would any top prem club want him? They have 17 year olds who are better now.