BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke City v Rovers (a) Sat. 19th Dec. 3pm

17 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He doesn't flatter to deceive as he has never done anything of note in any match.

His assist for the 5th goal against Wycombe was pretty special.

In general, I agree with what you're saying though. I've never particularly thought he stood out and he looks way too lightweight. At 21, he's not even 'that' young. 

I have however been very wrong about young players in the past. I didn't think much of Bentley when he was on loan here for example.

• Like 1

It's interesting Buckley and Davenport are the same age. I have seen more from Davenport than Buckley. Buckley seems to have a decent range of passing, but ya just won't get the time it looks like he needs playing for Blackburn Rovers in the Championship at the moment. Maybe send him on loan to the continent if that was an option. Scandinavia, Spain maybe even. 

National League may invoke reaction, but honestly, does anyone think a league 1 team with aims of automatic promotion would start him? He probably looks decent in training when no one is trying to clatter him. 

I think some fans are cutting him some major slack, for whatever reason. Not all players get it. One good through ball here and there just isn't enough if you want promotion. Even if he scores or assists soon, I wouldn't be jumping to "I told you so" if a fan of his. To play centre mid he needs to consistently offer something to the team. Why does Elliott look much more difficult to push off the ball? With Buckley anytime a player steps in he seems to go literally flying off the ball. Did he have it too easy underage? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's interesting Buckley and Davenport are the same age. I have seen more from Davenport than Buckley. Buckley seems to have a decent range of passing, but ya just won't get the time it looks like he needs playing for Blackburn Rovers in the Championship at the moment. Maybe send him on loan to the continent if that was an option. Scandinavia, Spain maybe even. 

National League may invoke reaction, but honestly, does anyone think a league 1 team with aims of automatic promotion would start him? He probably looks decent in training when no one is trying to clatter him. 

I think some fans are cutting him some major slack, for whatever reason. Not all players get it. One good through ball here and there just isn't enough if you want promotion. Even if he scores or assists soon, I wouldn't be jumping to "I told you so" if a fan of his. To play centre mid he needs to consistently offer something to the team. Why does Elliott look much more difficult to push off the ball? With Buckley anytime a player steps in he seems to go literally flying off the ball. Did he have it too easy underage? 

Totally agree. Well short of Championship standard right now

4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Brereton update & Rovers defender out for 'months not weeks' | Lancashire Telegraph

“Huge credit to Derrick, he played with an injury, that was the players’ decision, and it probably hasn’t done him any favours, or us any favours long-term, because it now looks like it could keep him out for a sustained time.”

No wonder there are so many long-term injuries. Letting the players and not the medical team decide is nonsense. 

See it's things like this make me certain that we are going nowhere under TM. If Coyle had come out with this garbage all fans would be jumping on it/him and rightly so. It's so bloody stupid. It's beyond basic. 

The guy who manages to see something in Bereton when everyone else (me included doesn't) gets Armstrong into a top Championship forward, makes the most stupid idiotic mistakes I wouldn't expect a Sunday League manager to make. Comments and decisions like this are gross incompetence. 

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

See it's things like this make me certain that we are going nowhere under TM. If Coyle had come out with this garbage all fans would be jumping on it/him and rightly so. It's so bloody stupid. It's beyond basic. 

The guy who manages to see something in Bereton when everyone else (me included doesn't) gets Armstrong into a top Championship forward, makes the most stupid idiotic mistakes I wouldn't expect a Sunday League manager to make. Comments and decisions like this are gross incompetence. 

More than ever to me it just points to nice guy Tony trying to get everyone involved when there's a chance.  His tactical masterstroke attempts are just flimsy cover half the time for keeping everyone happy.

Impossible to dislike the guy as a bloke even though he's frustrating.  As manager though I'm convinced if he had 20 quality players and 5 million per window we'd still see him operate the same way and we'd still not hit the heights.

• Like 4

Lenihan formed a decent partnership with Williams. Ayala is a better defender than Del so hopefully his experience will calm Darragh down a bit and they become a rock. The problem they have is that disasters keep happening around them so they are getting a lot more exposure than a promotion-winning Championship pairing should be doing.

The positive which should help them is Kaminsky almost creating a back 3 with the central defenders at times plus being a very good keeper.

• Like 2

This game is tremendously important. It’s imperative Rovers have a strong showing, and again, Jan 16. Just about everything until March are highly winnable games. If we’re gonna make a run, it started with our midweek mess vs Rotherham. 

But in March... ugh, points are going to be scarce. We might take 2 out of the 15 possible. 

It's a Rovers' win here.

Stoke have dipped and struggle to score goals - think they are averaging less than a goal per game in recent matches.

Both sides have injuries so levels out.

The difference for me is that we have two players in particular who can score goals and make things happen (Elliott and Armstrong).

Gone big on Rovers' win at 17/10 (well worth a decent sized bet to top those Christmas stockings up!) with a cheeky tenner on 3-1 at 25/1.

Huge game. Last 3 games have been a misery. Lose and even though the Rotherham game was a win we will be looking down rather than up. Win and even though we've gone through a tough spell it would have us right in the mix.

This game will say a lot about Mowbray. I think it is quite clear some changes are needed. Will he have the blinkers on and see Rotherham as a well ground out 3 points or see the reality that we were extremely lucky and we need fresh legs. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

This game is tremendously important. It’s imperative Rovers have a strong showing, and again, Jan 16. Just about everything until March are highly winnable games. If we’re gonna make a run, it started with our midweek mess vs Rotherham. 

But in March... ugh, points are going to be scarce. We might take 2 out of the 15 possible. 

Not so sure. I'm not denying that there's something awry with our ability to pick up points against the better teams this year, but there's nothing in the games that we've lost which tells me that we should be frightened of any of those teams. Norwich away could end up being very difficult if they improve with more players back, but Bristol and Brentford at home & Millwall away don't scare me one bit. Reading blow hot and cold, as do we. Definitely some wins to be had if we look after our game (admittedly a big if).

100% with you on tomorrow's game. We have to look at the four games before the cup game as a chance to close the gap and rack up some points.

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It's a Rovers' win here.

Stoke have dipped and struggle to score goals - think they are averaging less than a goal per game in recent matches.

Both sides have injuries so levels out.

The difference for me is that we have two players in particular who can score goals and make things happen (Elliott and Armstrong).

Gone big on Rovers' win at 17/10 (well worth a decent sized bet to top those Christmas stockings up!) with a cheeky tenner on 3-1 at 25/1.

Hello ...Mrs. M. has found Mercers phone ..again !!!

Can always tell ..Mrs. M. so upbeat and positive ..then when Mercer gets round to  posting its all bloody negative doom and gloom !!

• Like 4

Gallagher surely has to be dropped for this one. I was thinking to myself what does he add to the side right now and the one and only thing I can think of is his defending from set pieces. He certainly isn’t good at attacking ones. Just end this ridiculous love affair with Gallagher and the wing right now Tony and drop the bloke.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

my target would be 8 wins between New-Year and the end of March 

• Like 1

My team would be:-

Kaminski                                                                                                           Nyambe                   Lenihan                             Ayala                 Downing

Holtby                 Trybull                Davenport

Dolan                 Armstrong            Elliot                            

Edited by rigger

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

It's a Rovers' win here.

Thanks, have done the reverse and bet on a Rovers loss

Going contrary to your bets is a good way of making money.

4 hours ago, neophox said:

Kaminski

Nyamne, Lenihan, Ayala, Bell

Holtby, Trybull, Downing

Eliott, Armstrong, Rothwell

Still wouldn't play Bell ahead of Douglas - there aren't many decent wingers around so although he isn't great defensively if you want to drop Douglas I'd  put Downing at left back.

Rothwell's strength is running the ball from deep, so to have him up front doesn't make sense.

I'd go 4-5-1

Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Douglas/Downing

Elliott, Holtby, Trybull, Johnson, Rothwell

Armstrong

This gives Armstrong a free role with support from the attacking midfielders.

On another note, games come thick and fast so the players must be knackered at the moment

Wouldn't be surprised to see Rovers make another very sluggish start. Their efforts in midweek will have taken alot out of them 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Still wouldn't play Bell ahead of Douglas - there aren't many decent wingers around so although he isn't great defensively if you want to drop Douglas I'd  put Downing at left back.

Rothwell's strength is running the ball from deep, so to have him up front doesn't make sense.

I'd go 4-5-1

Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Douglas/Downing

Elliott, Holtby, Trybull, Johnson, Rothwell

Armstrong

This gives Armstrong a free role with support from the attacking midfielders.

On another note, games come thick and fast so the players must be knackered at the moment

Wouldn't be surprised to see Rovers make another very sluggish start. Their efforts in midweek will have taken alot out of them 

I'm in the rothwell LF camp until Ben is back . Seen a number of comments about missing Ben's ability to carry the ball and that's what rothwell can do . Against Rotherham, rothwell was to deep and pretty infective.