BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke City v Rovers (a) Sat. 19th Dec. 3pm

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Still confident of winning.

Holtby, Rothwell, Elliott and Armstrong will have too much for Stoke.

There's sure to be goals a plenty now with our defence and I've stuck a third bet on - £10 on over 4.5 goals at 7/1.

COYB

Cheers, put some money on 0-0 and some on a Stoke win. Before you posted mind, but I definitely feel more confident on those bets coming through now (not that I want them to :( )

Just now, bluebruce said:

Carter is seriously not trusted. TM would rather play a CM there who has played far too much football lately and is clearly on his arse.

Williams is out for months. Lenihan has an injury record (thankfully mostly in the past but could still lurk) and likes to get suspended now and then. Magloire could come back in January but isn't a regular fixture at amateur level.

All of this makes the comments that we don't intend to bring any players in unless someone leaves all the more baffling and infuriating. It's not even an expensive area to recruit at a basic level. You can absolutely kiss goodbye to any dreams of the playoffs if playing the likes of Johnson at CB becomes even a semi-regular feature, whether we get away with it today or not.

Agreed. We are absolutely desperate. Maybe it is a good thing this is happening now as we all know the speed at which we operate in terms of transfers. Conversations need to be had immediately about bringing in backup in January. And I'm not talking about the end either. We need someone in at the start of the month.

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think Ayala is the new Grella!

Just what the feck are our centre backs made of.  Likes of John McNamee, Graham Hawkins, Glen Keeley and Kevin Moran were virtually indestructible!

Said it time and time again, you should steer well clear of players known for being injury prone - the M'boro fans knew about Ayala why didn't Mowbray!?

He fecking did Mercer, don't think differently. With the exception of Downing we've wasted a kings ransom on useless 'Boro cast offs, why could that possibly be?🤨

Edited by darrenrover

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Stoke missing a few players, Adam Davies, Angus Gunn, John Obi Mikel, Joe Allen, Sam Clucas, Tyrese Campbell and Lee Gregory all out.

Could turn out to be a stroll in the park for us if we get an early goal.

1 minute ago, Crimpshrine said:

The decision to 'allow' Williams to risk further injury by playing at Bristol now seems even more crackpot.

There is no hard luck story there - just stupidity. He may well have been fully fit to play today. 

Mowbray totally reaping what he sows with his approach to our defence 

1 minute ago, ben_the_beast said:

Agreed. We are absolutely desperate. Maybe it is a good thing this is happening now as we all know the speed at which we operate in terms of transfers. Conversations need to be had immediately about bringing in backup in January. And I'm not talking about the end either. We need someone in at the start of the month.

Sadly, I just can't see it happening though, as much as it needs to.

32 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s also fat,unfit and dives in to tackles,putting him at centre back just magnifies his biggest weaknesses,cast iron guarantee he`s getting sent off today

I disagree with that. He doesn't dive into tackles I don't think either. Unfit and fat? How are you looking yourself pal? 😂