BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Our strongest team?

For me, this is the best squad we’ve had since relegation from the prem, and might possibly be our strongest for quite a while when considering loans and contract situations. 

To me it feels similar to the last full season which Bowyer was in charge for, where we failed to to get promoted with a really strong squad, and hence that squad got broken up with players such as Gestede, Rhodes, king, cairney etc etc. That team reached the end of its cycle and eventually outgrew our league position and it does feel if we don’t go up this season, we may be in a similar situation.

Obviously we’ve had a lot of injuries this year, especially to key players, but with eveyone fit I’m curious to see how people would interpret our strongest line up

for me it’s 

Kaminski 

nymabe lenihan ayala Douglas 

Dack travis Rothwell 

elliot Arma BenB

Was very tempted to put Wharton in this line up over Ayala, as I feel he was very impressive when he came into the team and was improving with every game, however I don’t think we’ve seen enough of him to judge whether or not he is better than ayala. For me Douglas has been hit and miss, either way I still see left back as our weakest position, I was half tempted to go with JRC there. In terms of midfield I believe travis has been a massive miss for us this season, he’s twice the player the Johnson is and gives us so much energy. Holtby was hard to leave out but I think the threat of dack and Rothwell is too obvious to miss out. The front 3 speak for themselves imo. I honestly believe that line up would see up push for top 2 (assuming we can actually break our glass ceiling).

Curious to see what other people see as our strongest line up?

For me it's

Kaminski

Nyambe  Ayala  Wharton  Douglas 

Travis   Johnson

Elliott           Dack       Brereton

Armstrong

Or 

Kaminski

Nyambe  Ayala  Wharton  Douglas 

Dack   Travis  Holtby

Elliott         Armstrong    Brereton

Lenihan unlucky, but he hasn't been playing well and Wharton gives more balance with being left footed. He is left footed, isn't he??  

Kaminski

Nyambe     Lenihan              Wharton      Bell

Travis                   Johnson

Elliott                       Dack                       Rothwell

Armstrong

Kaminski

Nyambe     Ayala            Wharton      Downing

Travis     Holtby    Rothwell

Elliott                     Dack                       Armstrong

• Like 1

Kaminski

Lenihan  Wharton   

Nyambe                                    Bell           

Johnson

Travis        Dack    Rothwell

Elliot     Armstrong

Subs: Gallagher, Williams, JRC, Douglas, Holtby

No keeper as Lenihan can go in goal I belive if Kaminski gets injured during a match - working on law of averages of how many times we have lost a keeper to injury or sending off during a match.

Kaminski

Nyambe - Ayala - Wharton - ????

Dack - Travis - Rothwell

Elliott   -   Armstrong   -    Brereton

Bench: GK, Lenihan, JRC, Johnson, Holtby, Dolan, Gallagher

Hard to accommodate so many and it feels like injuries will dictate it.
If Armstrong was to leave in January I’d play Dack in that position and Holtby in the middle, and reinvest every penny into LB and CB and new contracts. 

Dack is potentially too deep, though I feel he is good enough to play in any of the attacking 5 positions.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Kaminski

Nyambe     Ayala            Wharton      Downing

Travis     Holtby    Rothwell

Elliott                     Dack                       Armstrong

thats the one

• Like 1

Kaminski

Nyambe - Ayala - Wharton - ?????

Dack - Travis - Rothwell

Elliot - Arma - Brereton

That is a hell of a team. Holtby, Johnson, Downing and Trybull to add crazy depth in midfield. Dack can be shifted to any one of the attacking positions. 

Unfortunately we do not have a left back equipped to play. In order of preference I would go Bell/Downing, then JRC, then Douglas. It is harsh on the bloke but I would be looking to send Douglas back to Leeds. His legs have gone and he is significantly worse than the poor or out of position options we have there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Kaminski

Nyambe - Ayala - Wharton - ?????

Dack - Travis - Rothwell

Elliot - Arma - Brereton

That is a hell of a team. Holtby, Johnson, Downing and Trybull to add crazy depth in midfield. Dack can be shifted to any one of the attacking positions. 

Unfortunately we do not have a left back equipped to play. In order of preference I would go Bell/Downing, then JRC, then Douglas. It is harsh on the bloke but I would be looking to send Douglas back to Leeds. His legs have gone and he is significantly worse than the poor or out of position options we have there. 

Agree with this and I would go JRC at left back.

Dolan and Gallagher on the bench as well.