Jump to content

Recommended Posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55413489

Just been reading this, with this new strain of the virus doing the rounds do you think they should maybe suspend the football season for a month or so before it settles down? (If it settles down?)

I fear league one and two especially could be thrown into chaos over the next few weeks with positive testing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think delaying things for a month will really achieve much. I don't think they can do it in Prem/Champ as they need the season to finish in time for the Euros. 

To be honest I'm surprised that they aren't looking at a way of private paying vaccinations for the football industry to protect against people getting the virus and let them carry on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I don't think delaying things for a month will really achieve much. I don't think they can do it in Prem/Champ as they need the season to finish in time for the Euros. 

To be honest I'm surprised that they aren't looking at a way of private paying vaccinations for the football industry to protect against people getting the virus and let them carry on.

I'm surprised they haven't done something like this.

2 championship games already off on boxing day. More to follow i'd say

Edited by davulsukur
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JHRover said:

To be honest I'm surprised that they aren't looking at a way of private paying vaccinations for the football industry to protect against people getting the virus and let them carry on.

Where on earth is anyone going to find vaccines available on the private market right now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, only2garners said:

Where on earth is anyone going to find vaccines available on the private market right now?

Normal people wouldn't i agree. But in the parallel universe of the billion dollar football industry I'd expect that to be on the table ahead of postponing or cancelling fixtures and causing chaos with TV contracts and fixture calendars.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if somehow the football authorities could find vaccines on what is currently a non-existent market, you can’t seriously think they would arrange for hugely overpaid young men to be vaccinated ahead of vulnerable grannies, just for a few games of football?

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Even if somehow the football authorities could find vaccines on what is currently a non-existent market, you can’t seriously think they would arrange for hugely overpaid young men to be vaccinated ahead of vulnerable grannies, just for a few games of football?

I think if that happened that would finish me with football for good.  One thing the past nine months has shown is that football - even Blackburn Rovers - isn't all that important compared with the really important things in life.

Edited by Parsonblue
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was being discussed on Quest the other night.

Think the government are making another announcement on Wednesday, although that will probably just to introduce another daft tier.

Surely this has to be considered with the amount of games being called off at the moment?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.