BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town Away

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Armstrong is our only threat, he is obviously going through a dry spell but hes still our only real threat. His run before that brilliant save was superb, as was his unselfish pass to Elliott who has been ineffective, as has Brereton and Rothwell. Midfield has been very quiet again and they are targetting our left side having noticed our weakness. Very dull game really.

How damning is that?

Trouble is, Arma himself is one of the reasons he is our only goal threat. I can’t remember a player as selfish.

• Like 1

I've been watching for Bell leaving his position as he's often done that but the more obvious one is Nyambe! He seems to take up a defensive starting position in our box and leaves Elliott further out. Shortly before half-time he was in central midfield? It does seem like the coaching/tactics has resulted in EVERY player slightly out of position. The full backs are way up the pitch so the midfielders and centre backs are dragged out wide to compensate and leave space in the middle. They know this will happen so don't go all the way out wide and so don't get the winger OR the midfielder. Huddersfield can therefore pick out wingers or attacking midfielders and get to second balls on the edge of our box.

Edited by Riverside under the drip
  • Like 4

That chance where Nyambe crosses for Armstrong...

Armstrong is wide of the near post, Brereton is on the outside of the far post. Ideally you want that ball put right in the middle of the box for an easy finish or easy header... nobody anywhere near. Our positioning in the box is always terrible!

1 minute ago, Riverside under the drip said:

I've been watching for Bell leaving his position as he's often done that but the more obvious one is Nyambe! He seems to take up a defensive starting position in our box and leaves Elliott further out. Shortly before half-time he was in central midfield? It does seem like the coaching/tactics has resulted in EVERY player slightly out of position. The full backs are way up the pitch so the midfielders and centre backs are dragged out wide to compensate and leave space in the middle. They know this will happen so don't go all the way out wide and so don't get the winger OR the midfielder. Huddersfield can therefore pick out wingers or attacking midfielders and get to second balls on the edge of our box.

Yes Its like Mowbray has only told half the team they are playing a different way tonight.

2 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

I've been watching for Bell leaving his position as he's often done that but the more obvious one is Nyambe! He seems to take up a defensive starting position in our box and leaves Elliott further out. Shortly before half-time he was in central midfield? It does seem like the coaching/tactics has resulted in EVERY player slightly out of position. The full backs are way up the pitch so the midfielders are dragged out wide to compensate and leave space in the middle. They know this will happen so don't go all the way out wide and so don't get the winger OR the midfielder. Huddersfield can therefore pick out wingers or attacking midfielders and get to second balls on the edge of our box.

This. This. This.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

How damning is that?

Trouble is, Arma himself is one of the reasons he is our only goal threat. I can’t remember a player as selfish.

Dont think he has been selfish tonight to be fair. Had the chance as a result of his run that saw a great save, missed that difficult but presentable chance at the near post and played a brilliant ball to Elliott early on, as well as dummying one for Elliott to shoot over.

It is damning though, others need to step up. Elliott, Brereton, Rothwell and Holtby all totally ineffective.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I love Rothwell but this what people are talking about with him. He was in the ball first 15mins, then has completely vanished. Where does he go? Nobody knows 

id`e completely forgotten he was playing tbh,he often goes awol and does`nt seem to want the ball,iv`e never been a fan though you can`t argue about his dribbling ability

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Can’t remember the last time Mowbray made an unenforced change at half time.

But I agree, Dack getting the whole second half would be good.

I guess with Dack it's where to play him. There's not an obvious sub off for him. Could go ultra offensive, bring off Johnson for Dack, play Holtby in the holding role and Rothwell and Dack as the more advanced midfielders... would be a very bold move though. Don't know if Dack is up to the intense pressing we need to get on top in midfield...? But then I suppose Holtby and Rotwell are not looking convincing either in that regard.

Also - while I think Holtby has been excellent this season but last few games he has looked very far off the pace. Don't think he's coming off though after only just coming on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

How damning is that?

True in some previous games, he's obviously been told to shoot on sight.

However, he's been our best player by some distance in the first half. Has looked lively and been looking to bring other players in. He's had some half chances but no sitters. Looks like he's got a goal in him tonight. 

12 minutes ago, GHR said:

They are indeed. It's not everything they say, but, as an example, right at the tail end of last season when we needed something daft like three straight wins and about four other teams to implode, at full time they still went on about how the play-offs were still an outside chance. Their opinions obviously, I just think on occasion they're in a considerable minority no matter how you divide up our fanbase. I guess at times it just feels like they state Club-approved sentences rather than what the most honest and popular assessment actually is.

You're point about Warren is very fair, you do notice sometimes Neil trying to very gently stop him saying something!

Fair points. 

I think they're probably caught in by the club to a certain extent. I'm sure they spend most of the days around the ground, they certainly seem pretty pally with the players when they talk about them sometimes - sure that probably makes them censor themselves sometimes!