BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town Away

I want a win here and fancy us for a result. Back to winning ways for us at udders field as we will milk them dry and batter them 0-5 Arma hat trick, Nyambe belter from distance and dack to come of the bench to finish them off. 

Odds are 826492010 to 1,so I've wagered the house, if I win I will buy rovers 🏡👍

• Like 6

Don't think we'll ever do anything with Slowbrain and Maggot in charge. Will be interesting when Travis is back and hopefully a fit Dack. What will this easy going clueless management team do? So much potential. Just sad so many of my Roverite mates in Darren have lost interest with this bull. Happy New Year chaps and chapesses

51 minutes ago, davefarnworth said:

Don't think we'll ever do anything with Slowbrain and Maggot in charge. Will be interesting when Travis is back and hopefully a fit Dack. What will this easy going clueless management team do? So much potential. Just sad so many of my Roverite mates in Darren have lost interest with this bull. Happy New Year chaps and chapesses

That will be the problem , when footy returns properly , so many fans will have lost interest ... Mowbray and his awful tactics coupled With people having to find other pastimes ......

God knows how much a game it will be !!

40 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

- - - - - - - -Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Downing

- - - - Elliot Trybull Rothwell

- - - Brereton Dack Armstrong 

Don't fancy Elliot in midfield and I would be surprised if either Brereton or Dack start. 

On the plus side Huddersfield play 433 and like possession football so I think we have a chance of battering them as they are pretty much ideally setup for our system, a bit like Preston were.

I would expect Holtby to shine as he will get the room he hasn't had against all the defensive sides we've played.

Douglas and Gallagher have been unbelievably awful for a few in a row now. We need to drop them.

- - - - - - - -Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan  Ayala   Bell

- - - -Holtby Trybull  Rothwell

- - - Elliot  Armstrong  Dolan

Subs : Pears, Douglas, Johnson, Davenport, Dack, Buckley, Brereton, Gallagher, Butterworth

I'm expecting a score draw here. Either 1-1 or 2-2. 

I don't think we are playing well nor have we got the capacity to go there and win or keep a clean sheet. Huddersfield blow hot and cold. They have been hot at home, beating most and have been cold away, losing most. I can't see us being the side to turn the form book on its head and win there.

Conversely I don't think we will lose. I expect Huddersfield to be much more ambitious in their play than Stoke or Sheffield Wednesday which ought to suit us. I also think we are due a "positive result" (whatever that term means) so will come back with something for our efforts. Another defeat and even the ardent Mowbray acolytes may be questioning things whereas a draw will be hailed as a good result and so on we go. 

Expected trajectory of the game is that we start bright and go ahead early on before being pegged back once they apply some pressure and struggle from there.

30 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The biggest attendances in British sport came immediately in the years after the Second World War when people were desperate to get back to entertainment.

Highly unlikely that will be happening at Ewood Park ...

Entertainment it is not !

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

That will be the problem , when footy returns properly , so many fans will have lost interest ... Mowbray and his awful tactics coupled With people having to find other pastimes ......

God knows how much a game it will be !!

Come on Waggy, I know there's a lot of despondency and depression around this message board but you can’t honestly believe in what you are suggesting. 

Most football fans are desperate to get back to watching live football. Hell, my son and his mate drove from Huddersfield today to watch AFC Darwen play! Yeah I know that’s taking enthusiasm a bit far! 

As for the game tomorrow. It will be tough. Town are no pushovers but aren't likely to put men behind the ball a la Stoke and Wednesday. Should be a good game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

He's 17 - at that age I'd run up Ben Nevis, cycle home to Lancs, turn out for the local cow-tipping competition, get over to t'Darwen baths for 100 lengths and THEN give 100% for a couple of hours on the footie pitch..

Eeeh, they doesn't know they're born!

And were you a professional sportsman at 17?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Most football fans are desperate to get back to watching live football. Hell, my son and his mate drove from Huddersfield today to watch AFC Darwen play! Yeah I know that’s taking enthusiasm a bit far! 

Tbh its been good all season at AFC Darwen home and away and up to lockdown 2 you could have a pint on the terraces.

The Salmoners bar was serving a wide range of beers at less than pub prices unlike the slop which was always on offer at Ewood

17 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Personally speaking the opposite is the case for me. Having been a religious attender of every game prior to the pandemic the more and more time that goes by without being able to go the less I think I miss it.

I've also come to realise that the parts I do miss the most are the social side of it rather than the experience of watching Rovers or football more generally, which tend to be stressful, annoying and frustrating. What I miss is the 'crack' of having a day out, a few pubs, the match day atmosphere. 

Given the above I have little to no desire to attend fixtures whilst subject to restrictions of any sort like we have seen at those grounds that have opened.

I'm also appalled by Rovers' conduct towards fans over the last 6 months or so and certainly won't be queuing up to hand over whatever cash they want the minute restrictions are lifted. I will probably return to complete attendance again eventually but it's all a bit 'meh' at the moment.

In terms of priorities I'll be travelling, booking holidays and visiting friends/going out for food and drink before worrying about buying tickets for Rovers.

• Like 5

Confidence in Rovers/Mowbray is back to an all time low for me. Performances are poor, defending is comical and we are in another poor run of form.

We will probably lose this and then possibly snap out of the Mogga death spiral and go 7 unbeaten starting against Birmingham.

Edited by davulsukur

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Highly unlikely that will be happening at Ewood Park ...

Entertainment it is not !

That’s harsh... Whilst the results are mixed (which is a valid different debate), it has rained goals, chances, errors, fine margins etc. That is entertainment and I’ve looked forward to each match on iFollow/Red Button.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The biggest attendances in British sport came immediately in the years after the Second World War when people were desperate to get back to entertainment.

Emphasis on entertainment not an endless supply of bullshit excuses and being taken for mugs . Somehow this could be a different situation once the initial honeymoon is over . And ours has been over for ten years .