BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town Away

Just now, alcd said:

Mowbray has a long history of blowing up in mid-season- at Celtic, Boro and Coventry - going into a slide he has no idea how to stop. He has to go NOW otherwise relegation is on the cards for this rag-tag squad.

No chance is this team going down. But that shouldn't even be getting discussed. Currently we are massively underachieving 

At the point we'd made 5 subs i think Huddersfield were still 1 up having made none at all, they were also still bossing the game. Another speculative (aka greedy) Armstrong shot fell very kindly for Sam who tbf, from the bench does more than when he starts games.

I cannot even for the life of me fathom out his subs or what he had in his head, the shit shower that followed suggesting the players felt the same. Seemed like a desperate yet pathetic roll of a dice from a man feeling the pressure.

14 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We're one game away from half way through the season. It's not over, but it might be time for a change. We are three points behind Preston who looked abysmal against us, but I refuse to let go of the play-off hope. The first couple of games we looked full of excitement, now we look weary and one-dimensional. 

It's false hope imo. We're nowhere near good enough for top 6 unfortunately with the way we are set up at the moment. We are playing basketball tactics, not football. 

We wont suddenly turn into a solid, well organised side. We'll continue to concede a hatful and lose a lot of games. 

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

this feels like the end of a managerial reign,it feels exactly like when saxton and mackay were at the end,as fans you tend to know when a manager has run out of ideas and time,if we can tell then the players surely can tell,they`re not exactly giving everything out there thats for sure

It reminds me a bit of Kiddo's downfall, a team with some decent players but looking totally lost.

• Like 1

Evening all,

New user here. I work with a chap who is a Huddersfield Town fan and made a passing comment which shocked him and that was that I believe Mowbray has taken the team as far as he can. I thought I was being rash but after checking the comments here..I'm clearly not.

The last 6-8 weeks have been poor. He has been unfortunate which defensive injuries and I'm delighted that we've made the transition to a new brand of football however, after some big results early doors teams have reacted and know how to set up against us. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have the intelligence to deal with this issue. It's all well and good knocking it around but without any penetration - we won't cause many teams problems. We have three centre mids who drop deep to receive the ball, Rothwell should be pushing further forward where he can commit players and create space for others. We brought Dack on and we never played through him- granted, he's just returned but we looked miles better when he came on against Wednesday. Brereton and Gallagher are just carthorses who offer very little. Elliot was poor tonight but he's 17 and in the main, he's done well for someone of his age. We don't push our full backs high enough, we got real problems at left back. Douglas has been a massive disappointment and has not replicated his form from his Wolves and Leeds day.

Maybe it's the players, the system or both. I wouldn't say sack him because sometimes grass isn't always greener and we could live to regret that decision. I think if our ambitions are (or were) play-offs then he isn't the man for the job. I would say keep him and then wait for someone suitable to become available, someone who can pick up the new brand of football and take it to the next level, this should be the club's philosophy and we only invest in someone who shares that vision. We get that person in and then sack Mowbray (that's what clubs do now)

I think sack him now would be rash and we could end up going for someone who can get us to challenge - like a Pulis and I don't want that!

I remember appealing for us to enjoy the relative success of the bright start. There was very little to enjoy about that. Their keeper had a good night and maybe on a different day that all feels very different, but we looked - as we have for a few games - like we'd run out of ideas.

4 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

It's false hope imo. We're nowhere near good enough for top 6 unfortunately with the way we are set up at the moment. We are playing basketball tactics, not football. 

We wont suddenly turn into a solid, well organised side. We'll continue to concede a hatful and lose a lot of games. 

At the moment we're not, I agree. But there's no need to state there's zero chance when knowing a good run of form can change the situation around. I'm also worried about how our shape looks defensively, and we got found out by our lack team pressing today as well.

No one in here are managers at the top level, but who would have waited until the 65th minute to make changes if they were? No one I would assume. I often feel Mowbray hasn't chosen the right eleven, but this season I can't criticise him for it - but his ability to adapt to how the reality of a match changes is virtually non-exisitent. 

• Moderation Lead

Interesting seeing people talking about getting a new manager in to continue this new brand of football.

I wouldn’t be having that, just get the best man for the job in with the strongest track record and let him do his thing. 
It seems unlikely to me that any manager would want to just do what someone else was doing already.....

• Like 5