BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town Away

I can’t believe it’s now yet another season where the top six is already a big ask and we’re sat plodding along in mid-table, I’ve had enough of it. I barely celebrated tonight when we scored and I just knew they’d end up nicking it, I’m bored and done with the Mowbray era, we need fresh ideas and a hungry determined manager to breathe some life back into the club, players and fans alike. Tony is clearly a decent bloke and I do think he’s done some good here but every cycle runs it’s course and there’s no doubt he’s taken us as far as he can. I wouldn’t want Johnson in charge either, we need someone from outside the club to bring their own backroom staff in and get rid of your Lowes and your Bensons who have been part of the coaching staff furniture for to long, it has to be a fresh start all round. 

Slaven Bilic, Nigel Pearson, Marco Silva, Mark Hughes, Darren Moore, Kenny Jackett, Lee Bowyer, Ian Holloway.. In that order of preference I’d take any of those guys instead of Mowbray right now and there’s more I could have named, says a lot when Holloway has just left a struggling league two Grimsby! I’d even give John Coleman from Accy a chance and I’m not even joking! 

• Like 7

I honestly couldn't think of a more Mowbray goal to concede at the end. An unopposed lofted through ball in the middle of our half over the head of our midfielder playing centre back, to their striker who is being chased by our striker who spends most of his time on the wing. 

• Like 1

Well Mowbray has to go. He is out dated the clubs needs taking into a different direction.

he has taken us as far as he can there is only a plan A same type of subs every game no chance in tactics if plan A isn’t working then blames his players and nothing else he seems to make panic subs and his squad selection is embarrassing, putting players out of position every week Gallagher centre back as soon as we go 1-1 it’s embarrassing . Darragh needs dropping he has by far been the worst player this season. Armstrong needs dropping to be taught a lesson on it’s a team sport pass the fucking ball the big time Charlie. Gallagher, trybull, Johnson just ain’t good enough.

don’t get me started on that Buckley he has to be the worst player to grace this team ever I’m pretty sure he is Mowbray love child or Buckley has naked pictures of Venus and Mowbray in the bath together because there is no way he should be anywhere near that team.

It’s too early for dack to be playing he doesn’t want to get in there near players nowhere near his usual self. 

all above are just my personal opinion 

MOWBRAY OUT.

• Like 4

I’m still seething having just arisen at 7.20am. It was really an abject showing in so many numerous respects: defensively we succumbed to 2 such simple goals, should have been easy to defend against. Just mark up tightly and properly and centre halves just step up before the ball is played and even Mister Magoo would have flagged for offside! So bloody simple, yet this lot are paid £10s of thousands a week and can’t put it into practice week after week, match after match! Infuriating when us mere no nowts can see it but they can’t!

In midfield we were poor, creating little and defending feck all.

Up front, we created a plethora of chances, generally by young Elliott, aided on occasions by Nyambe and Bell (they couldn’t be criticised for their forward play) but Arma and co. missed almost all of them without troubling their young keeper the once.

Worryingly all of the players are showing poor body language, even young Elliott walked off head bowed when substituted. Perhaps that was the same reason as me when I almost threw my phone at the TV when I saw the £5 million fecking lummox about to come on in his place!

They’re lacking in motivation clearly and with impending potential contractual disasters looming too, Mowbray and his mob including Waggott should just gracefully fuck off!!

WEARE The Rovers!!

RTID!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Butty said:

I can’t believe it’s now yet another season where the top six is already a big ask and we’re sat plodding along in mid-table, I’ve had enough of it. I barely celebrated tonight when we scored and I just knew they’d end up nicking it, I’m bored and done with the Mowbray era, we need fresh ideas and a hungry determined manager to breathe some life back into the club, players and fans alike. Tony is clearly a decent bloke and I do think he’s done some good here but every cycle runs it’s course and there’s no doubt he’s taken us as far as he can. I wouldn’t want Johnson in charge either, we need someone from outside the club to bring their own backroom staff in and get rid of your Lowes and your Bensons who have been part of the coaching staff furniture for to long, it has to be a fresh start all round. 

Slaven Bilic, Nigel Pearson, Marco Silva, Mark Hughes, Darren Moore, Kenny Jackett, Lee Bowyer, Ian Holloway.. In that order of preference I’d take any of those guys instead of Mowbray right now and there’s more I could have named, says a lot when Holloway has just left a struggling league two Grimsby! I’d even give John Coleman from Accy a chance and I’m not even joking! 

Mowbray needs to go but let's not get too carried away with just how much.

Ian Holloway, for example, has been a busted flush for a good 8/9 years and we shouldn't be going anywhere near him as we will just be calling for his head in 6 months time.

Mowbray needs to be replaced but it needs to be with a progressive appointment (on paper at least).

Bilic or Pearson, absolutely.

Good point on the coaching staff, they all need replacing too.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Steptoe87 said:

Well Mowbray has to go. He is out dated the clubs needs taking into a different direction.

he has taken us as far as he can there is only a plan A same type of subs every game no chance in tactics if plan A isn’t working then blames his players and nothing else he seems to make panic subs and his squad selection is embarrassing, putting players out of position every week Gallagher centre back as soon as we go 1-1 it’s embarrassing . Darragh needs dropping he has by far been the worst player this season. Armstrong needs dropping to be taught a lesson on it’s a team sport pass the fucking ball the big time Charlie. Gallagher, trybull, Johnson just ain’t good enough.

don’t get me started on that Buckley he has to be the worst player to grace this team ever I’m pretty sure he is Mowbray love child or Buckley has naked pictures of Venus and Mowbray in the bath together because there is no way he should be anywhere near that team.

It’s too early for dack to be playing he doesn’t want to get in there near players nowhere near his usual self. 

all above are just my personal opinion 

MOWBRAY OUT.

Good post , agree with pretty much all of it bar Buckley being the worst, by far Jason Lowe 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Mowbray needs to go but let's not get too carried away with just how much.

Ian Holloway, for example, has been a busted flush for a good 8/9 years and we shouldn't be going anywhere near him as we will just be calling for his head in 6 months time.

Mowbray needs to be replaced but it needs to be with a progressive appointment (on paper at least).

Bilic or Pearson, absolutely.

Good point on the coaching staff, they all need replacing too.

WE’RE BLACKBURN ROVERS FFS, we should be looking to attract better than those being bandied about!! 

Where’s the fecking ambition!!?

I’m logging off until later before I blow a bloody gasket! Jesus!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

WE’RE BLACKBURN ROVERS FFS, we should be looking to attract better than those being bandied about!! 

Where’s the fecking ambition!!?

I’m logging off until later before I blow a bloody gasket! Jesus!!

I don't disagree. I was merely trying to point out that no matter how much people want Mowbray out, suggesting the likes of Ian Holloway is a terrible idea.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Good post , agree with pretty much all of it bar Buckley being the worst, by far Jason Lowe 

Yea fair point slight edit then haha I’m recent times buckley is too weak doesn’t offer anything gives the ball away too much.

the problem is there is too much backwards and sideway passing. Possession means nothing unless you can defend properly and have a striker that isn’t hell bent on his personal goals rather than the team. 
personally I think Armstrong has an offer elsewhere and just going through the motions.

the way Mowbray is treating Dolan is exactly like chapman wasting there natural talent and knocking there confidence. Mowbray constantly going on about stronger back belly which is his job to get the lads motivated and passion back so they will run through brick walls in my eyes the players have lost faith in his dinosaur tactics 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Wow, he's actually using the Travis excuse 2-3 months after he got injured. Mowbray is shameless. 

Yes, completely shameless, the act of a desperate man who has lost the plot floundering to retain some credibility and protect his position.

Maybe Davenport has a bit of bite about him, you know the lad he signed about three years ago and who he has given about two hours game time since then and who has showed up well in the few minutes he's had this season?

But no, let's latch on to the absence of the one remaining big name absentee like a drowning man clutching at straws. And as others have pointed out, as soon as Travis is fit, the problem will allegedly be that we're missing someone else through injury.

Always excuses, excuses, excuses - never Teflon Tony's fault. 

He's a nice bloke though, so we keep getting told.

• Like 6

To be honest last nights game should have been over in the first 20 mins.

Elliot should have scored in the first minute whilst Arma missed a couple of what I would describe as easy chances for him considering his goal ratio.

At 2-0 Huddersfield would have folded. They were not special just dirty but they did what they had to do whilst getting the added benefit of some shocking defending.

Is it  New Year’s Eve yet?

9 hours ago, alcd said:

Add Souness to the list that went stale.

Mowbray went stale two years ago though which for me makes the situation all the more annoying and galling. He could and should have been sacked on any number of occasions during that period.

Never mind though, as Swag pointed out to us in his Christmas message, Bennett and Evans will be back soon!

9 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

Something does feel different tonight.  I have a funny feeling this was mowbrays last game for us 

It does feel different. I would like to be in that dressing room last night to hear what was being said. I think amongst the better players there was an expectation we would push the playoffs.

As bad as it sounds. I’m pleased we have more & more fans finally waking up & smelling the coffee. I honestly think we could turn our season round if he left within these next few days. Even with Johnson in charge.

We literally need any new face! It could be my gran, she’s not doing a right lot at the moment.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

Horrible game. We were useless. I knew we would lose, even after equilising. Rubbish, rubbish marking for the goals. 

Armstrong, Rothwell, Holtby all useless. Johnson and Gallagher worse than useless for the goals. 

Brereton was ok. Dack non existent when he came on, sad to see. 

What is Mowbray babbling on about re Travis? He signed the rest of the gutless wonders. What's he doing to Davenport? Ridiclous. 

Things have gone very bad, very fast. I think a lot of owners would pull the plug on the manager after last night. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

10 hours ago, davulsukur said:

When I first read that tweet, I thought it was Sharpe questioning the soft underbelly.

No, no, its the fucking manager! Unbelievable.

It's literally your job to sort the soft underbelly, not question it.

He signed the buggers, he should know how many of them have the heart for a battle. As far as I can see he's not signed one player that would give you a hard time out on the pitch. If you rolled all his signings together you wouldn't have the fight of a David Speedie.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Clitheroe said:

I look at teams like Watford, where mediocrity is not accepted by the owners.

A short run of poor results and they make a change. Managers hired in on short contacts.

It keeps a fire lit under them. No room for complacency.

That's one extreme end of the scale. I'd just be happy if there was some level of interest, scrutiny, review taking place above the manager and for owners to think about us more than once a year.

• Like 4