BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town Away

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

you move Johnson into a back three with Ayala, and Lenihan. Push Bell and Buckley up the pitch. This would be what is called a plan B. At the time we where 1 nil down, so what's to loose?  

Yes, we have 2 options for 3 at the back, Bell could do it at a push aswell as Johnson.

Why he has to show- horn players in who clearly aren't good enough baffles me...over his tenure, Williams,  Bennett, Buckley, etc...and yet as some point out on here, he was forced to play Travis, Nyambe, Wharton who are our better youth products.

Had enough of it all, he has to go immediately before the transfer window.  But that would be the workings of a  normal club, and we aren't normal.🤕

Sack the Board!

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Last night when he subbed Elliott, as he left the pitch he was seen shaking his head in disgust.

Says something when a 17yo kid has lost all respect for your decisions.

Irrelevant,  he will go back to Liverpool and forget all about us. Mowbray will carry on and replace him with Benno.

23 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Last night when he subbed Elliott, as he left the pitch he was seen shaking his head in disgust.

Says something when a 17yo kid has lost all respect for your decisions.

I wouldn't jump to assumptions about players reactions leaving the field. He could have been doing that because he knew he had a bad game himself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Agree with a lot of your post. The bit quoted above though not so much. The full backs are the problem.

Mowbray is so hell bent on attacking that he uses his full backs as surrogate wingers. That leaves big holes in defence that are easy to exploit with big heave-ho Hail Marys.

We are NOT as good in attack as Mowbray thinks we are. We are weak in defence when the full backs go awol and there's no cover from defensive midfield despite there being three of them.

If/when a new guy comes in he can either buy his way out of trouble (not likely to have the cash though) or acknowledge the defence is the problem and make the back four stay together.

A back four. A shape. Stay tight. Move as one.

I don't think this is rocket science, I genuinely don't understand how we can all see it but TM can't especially as he was a centre back by trade. wtf?

Good post. Completely agree. Good managers play the game. Try and get their teams to be competitive in the mini battles all over the pitch. Go with the ebb and flows. We on the other hand under Mowbray focus on what we want to do. And it totally neglects parts of the team. Primarily the defence. Our midfield is also easy to just saunter through when we lose possession. We need to win battles and earn the right to play. That means balance on the pitch.

Just because our possession stats are generally high, it doesnt mean that we are dominating. Teams are happy to let us have it. They know there is a neglect in other areas. And inevitably they will get chances in the rare times they get possession. Zero balance to our team. And zero structure to our attack. Mowbray is out of ideas. The team has no plan and is so lacking in structure there is zero resilience. 

I like Mowbray as a person. I think he has done wonders for the club. I wont give it a f*** off Mowbray because I'm grateful of the good. But unfortunately he has taken us as far as his ability can and it is time for a change. As fans we would just have to hope Waggot firstly has the authority to act, secondly will put the future of the club above his mate and thirdly earns his wage by recruiting a proper replacement. It's a scarey thought. Agents would be out like vultures. However we know the alternative of sticking with Mowbray is not going to take is where we want and where the budget requires. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Good post. Completely agree. Good managers play the game. Try and get their teams to be competitive in the mini battles all over the pitch. Go with the ebb and flows. We on the other hand under Mowbray focus on what we want to do. And it totally neglects parts of the team. Primarily the defence. Our midfield is also easy to just saunter through when we lose possession. We need to win battles and earn the right to play. That means balance on the pitch.

Just because our possession stats are generally high, it doesnt mean that we are dominating. Teams are happy to let us have it. They know there is a neglect in other areas. And inevitably they will get chances in the rare times they get possession. Zero balance to our team. And zero structure to our attack. Mowbray is out of ideas. The team has no plan and is so lacking in structure there is zero resilience. 

I like Mowbray as a person. I think he has done wonders for the club. I wont give it a f*** off Mowbray because I'm grateful of the good. But unfortunately he has taken us as far as his ability can and it is time for a change. As fans we would just have to hope Waggot firstly has the authority to act, secondly will put the future of the club above his mate and thirdly earns his wage by recruiting a proper replacement. It's a scarey thought. Agents would be out like vultures. However we know the alternative of sticking with Mowbray is not going to take is where we want and where the budget requires. 

Agreed. I like the guy and I will always be grateful.

I don't think he can improve this situation, but I can't call for his head. I felt the same with Don Mackay...

I do have that luxury, as a mere fan. Were I leading a functional board of directors, I would have to act.

• Like 6

This should be the spirit and attitude at Blackburn Rovers!!!

It's one of my favourite pictures, taken before we knocked The Gunners out of the FA Cup in 2013. Colin-Kazim Richards scored with a 'peach' of a finish close to the end! 😉

No words of description are necessary!!

IMG_0008.JPG

56 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Agreed. I like the guy and I will always be grateful.

I don't think he can improve this situation, but I can't call for his head. I felt the same with Don Mackay...

I do have that luxury, as a mere fan. Were I leading a functional board of directors, I would have to act.

Don Mackay did far better than Mowbray on a fraction of the resources. There's no comparison between the two for me.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is Holtby better than Evans? I'm starting to have my doubts.. At least Evans wins more ball. 

Him, Rothwell and Armstrong were so disappointing last night. 

Is Armstrong still undroppable? Some strange reactions from posters to me for suggesting about 5 games ago that something had changed with him. I think it's difficult not to admit there is an issue now. 

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maybe Butterworth? Since and including the Bristol game Armstrong has been poor ,at best. 

He doesn't hold the ball up. He doesn't beat a man. He is missing chances. 

Armstrong is undoubtedly in a poor run of form, scoring only 1 in 7. He is still however the second top scorer in the league, one behind the first, and 4 ahead of the third. There are no credible alternatives that would potentially justify dropping a player with such a goal return. Dont confuse that with thinking that his performance level recently has been anything other than poor, it hasnt, but even the most prolific strikers have lean patches. Bringing in a kid for him (Butterworth) who has 2 sub appearances in a Rovers shirt in total, for the second top scorer in the league? Crazy.

He was our only real threat last night though and we are far too reliant on him. He has never really been a player to take players on although he very much did when creating our main chance last night that fell back to him to bring a superb save from Schofield in the first half, with a brilliant bit of individuality in the build up. His direct play also led to the goal. He also showed signs of unselfishness, early on he slid in Elliott when he could have shot himself and again he dummied the ball for Elliott to shoot a little later when he could have shot himself. What did Rothwell do, what did Brereton do and what did Elliott do all game? Nothing.

I find your repeated criticism of him a little strange I must say. He is not in good form at the moment but if his inclusion in the team is a major problem then my god do we have some serious problems. That is before you entertain ridiculous conspiracy theories about causing unrest in the dressing room for taking a few too many shots on!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Johnson and Gallagher marking for both goals is appalling..basics of football. 

I'm pleased the players are angry cos they should be as we should be beating teams like Huddersfield if we want top 6

I think surely the penny has dropped as we lay in 14th with more losses than wins at the turn of the year, that we are not in contention for promotion this season?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don Mackay did far better than Mowbray on a fraction of the resources. There's no comparison between the two for me.

Indeed. It riles me when I read 'older' fans on social media say this is as good as it gets. Under Smith, Kendall, Saxton and Mackay we always competed at the top end of the table and we didn't have a pot to piss in back then.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 9

29 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Indeed. It riles me when I read 'older' fans on social media say this is as good as it gets. Under Smith, Kendall, Saxton and Mackay we always competed at the top end of the table and we didn't have a pot to piss in back then.

Wasn't a Saxton fan but other than that agree completely. 

And before that Ken Furphy had to rebuild an entire squad with no money whatsoever relying solely on player trading and his nous in the transfer market. We subsequently finished third in the old 3rd division the last year before it went from two to three up three down and then were handily placed the season after that when the manager was poached by then top flight Sheffield United.

Mowbray doesn't know he's born in comparison.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

No parachute payments back then, and much else.

The disparity in spending power was comparable though as player wages and transfer fees were relatively low.

I'd also argue that the quality of player in this league was better back then as top league squads were smaller with only 13 in a matchday squad. Think back to 87/88, there were players like Sheringham, Pallister, McAllister, Newell, McCall, Sheridan all plying their trade at this level.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Re resources, of course. I was there, but that wasn't the point I was making.

When Don's time was up, I remember I couldn't join in with the "Macky Out" chants. He had tried and eventually failed-partly through lack of resources.

But I will never forget that rotten feeling after we went down at Brentford. After everything else that had happened under Venky's, it felt like the end. TM gave us some pride back, when it had been drained from us.

It does feel like the end of his time now...or it would, if we were a normal club.

Personally, I don't want him to depart in acrimony and that is what will happen, if he doesn't resign.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Armstrong is undoubtedly in a poor run of form, scoring only 1 in 7. He is still however the second top scorer in the league, one behind the first, and 4 ahead of the third. There are no credible alternatives that would potentially justify dropping a player with such a goal return. Dont confuse that with thinking that his performance level recently has been anything other than poor, it hasnt, but even the most prolific strikers have lean patches. Bringing in a kid for him (Butterworth) who has 2 sub appearances in a Rovers shirt in total, for the second top scorer in the league? Crazy.

He was our only real threat last night though and we are far too reliant on him. He has never really been a player to take players on although he very much did when creating our main chance last night that fell back to him to bring a superb save from Schofield in the first half, with a brilliant bit of individuality in the build up. His direct play also led to the goal. He also showed signs of unselfishness, early on he slid in Elliott when he could have shot himself and again he dummied the ball for Elliott to shoot a little later when he could have shot himself. What did Rothwell do, what did Brereton do and what did Elliott do all game? Nothing.

I find your repeated criticism of him a little strange I must say. He is not in good form at the moment but if his inclusion in the team is a major problem then my god do we have some serious problems. That is before you entertain ridiculous conspiracy theories about causing unrest in the dressing room for taking a few too many shots on!

So giving Butterworth a chance would be "crazy"? Mmm, ok and Mowbray gets slated for not giving youth a chance. 

Ya,you're bang on, he's playing rubbish. I can't disagree with that at all. I thought Brereton was better last night,but ya Rothwell was rubbish too, completely agree. 

You often spout out plenty of unsubstantiated conspiracy theories about the workings of the club yourself. We have been paying abysmal since the Bristol city game. The game where Armstrong had the single most selfish display I have ever seen from a player, with absolutely nothing to show for it. Maybes it's coincidince. Neither of us know anyway. 

Second top scorer, second top scorer blah blah. You don't have to keep saying that, we all know. We all know all th goals he scored this season. We all know he's stinking the place up the last 6 games, but ya, we haven't many other options. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

15 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Big Dog you seem a little obsessed with our Adam, every post I’ve seen has been about him. He’s in poor form yes but what about the other lads stepping up for a change?

It's far from every post. I think some just can't understand that he is open to criticism too. It's weird. 

I have named plenty of others who are playing pants. You won't have to search too many posts

When he's not scoring ,he's less effective than Danny Graham. Ya, I said it. 

I clearly want him to start scoring again. For 7 games now, he has been poor. I mean that hardly that controversial a statement? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's far from every post. I think some just can't understand that he is open to criticism too. It's weird. 

I have named plenty of others who are playing pants. You won't have to search too many posts

When he's not scoring ,he's less effective than Danny Graham. Ya, I said it. 

I clearly want him to start scoring again. For 7 games now, he has been poor. I mean that hardly that controversial a statement? 

Yeah but who’s scoring the goals when he isn’t? Nobody. I just said he’s in poor form, when this happens surely it’s up to others to perform? 

10 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Yeah but who’s scoring the goals when he isn’t? Nobody. I just said he’s in poor form, when this happens surely it’s up to others to perform? 

He's getting chances and he's missing them though? Something is off with him since that Bristol city game. Hopefully he gets back amongst them Saturday.