BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town Away

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, we have 2 options for 3 at the back, Bell could do it at a push aswell as Johnson.

Why he has to show- horn players in who clearly aren't good enough baffles me...over his tenure, Williams,  Bennett, Buckley, etc...and yet as some point out on here, he was forced to play Travis, Nyambe, Wharton who are our better youth products.

Had enough of it all, he has to go immediately before the transfer window.  But that would be the workings of a  normal club, and we aren't normal.🤕

Sack the Board!

He has strange preferences for certain players at times alright. Along with playing them in bizzare positions. 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He's getting chances and he's missing them though? Something is off with him since that Bristol city game. Hopefully he gets back amongst them Saturday.

No I agree, he’s not been as clinical. Hopefully it’s just a dry patch, he’s the sort that’ll score a hat trick next time.

Edited by Tormund
  • Like 1

On 29/12/2020 at 23:05, m1st said:

My own personal Hell is that I have an old schoolmate who emigrated to New Zealand and supports the 6-fingered ones. I KNOW, that when I wake up tomorrow morning, there'll be a cheery message from him celebrating yet another crabby win for them and yet another crappy defeat for us.

What I do not understand is why our owners should want to keep hold of such an under-performing 'asset'. There's nothing we can do about it, I guess; but I can't help wishing that, if they aren't going to put some money into us, they'd sell us to [b]someone/some organisation that's interested in their football team progressing, rather than being allowed to regress.[/b]

And now I'm living in a new circle of hell; dreading the message from NZ confirming that the 6-fingered ones now have an owner with the sort of specifications I alluded to above.

22 hours ago, LDRover said:

The disparity in spending power was comparable though as player wages and transfer fees were relatively low.

I'd also argue that the quality of player in this league was better back then as top league squads were smaller with only 13 in a matchday squad. Think back to 87/88, there were players like Sheringham, Pallister, McAllister, Newell, McCall, Sheridan all plying their trade at this level.

and Ronnie Hildersley

• Like 3

On 30/12/2020 at 15:07, rossyrover said:

Time should be up for Tony Mowbray a man I have the greatest respect for I believe he has taken the Rovers as far as he can and if you believe we can do better than mid table which I do then the club need to find the manager capable to take us forward.

I’ve come around to this position myself since the game ended. Tony has had plenty of time to improve the club, both in acquisitions and coaching them up.  

I won’t mean-mouth Mowbray, but I won’t defend him anymore, either. 

• Like 1

On 31/12/2020 at 16:22, dingles staying down 4ever said:

and Ronnie Hildersley

Maybe I'm the only person who enjoyed watching Hildersley. I know he passed a ball back in the air to his goalkeeper once which hit the bar but I thought he was OK. Although he never seemed to be as good as when he played for PNE.

Another Rovers "character".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bazza said:

Maybe I'm the only person who enjoyed watching Hildersley. I know he passed a ball back in the air to his goalkeeper once which hit the bar but I thought he was OK. Although he never seemed to be as good as when he played for PNE.

Another Rovers "character".

What he may have lacked in ability, he had what several of our present squad lack. He had heart and would battle.

9 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Scored a brilliant individual goal at Shrewsbury if my memory is correct...

He certainly did. It was a great equaliser if memory serves me

It was the same day that we saw Simon Garner stood outside the player's entrance before the game with a can in his hand.

These were great times to follow Rovers away

5 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

He certainly did. It was a great equaliser if memory serves me

It was the same day that we saw Simon Garner stood outside the player's entrance before the game with a can in his hand.

These were great times to follow Rovers away

8 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

And the winner at Welling Utd in the FA Cup - that was a great day out.

Went to that , it was a good day out..

• Like 1