BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town Away

11 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Well Mowbray thinks Hudds style will suit as they will attack us and leave holes. Hopefully he's right. 

Until they attack us once and our delicate defence hands them a goal on a silver platter as usual

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Have a horrible feeling under TM that these games are already approaching dead rubber as under his guidance we won't make playoffs or get relegated this season. 

We have had a few bad results, what passes for pressure at Rovers is mounting, so we will probably get a win. With the win cue "we're only X points from playoffs," "now we will kick on," and "we've turned a corner" only for us to realise in a few games time we haven't pressed on at all. The world war 1 trench warfare advanced more quickly than out journey under TM. 

Still after a few poor results a win would be a welcome change and give momentary cheer. Also for good or bad, attended/watched or checked result I do enjoy looking at all the results and the match reports and the reaction on here after a game. If football is shut down again, it'll certainly take away a key aspect of my weekend. I appreciate though that's not the prime factor in the powers that be decision making process. 

Not time to win yet.  We have gone from 2 to 7 points back of a playoff spot, I think when we get to about 11-12 back we will start winning again to solidify our mid table comfort.  It is absolutely galling what goes on here get within a win the fade over and over and over.  Gifting games over and over and over. 

9 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

If Gallagher Is on the wing IL skip it but I'm hoping for 

Kaminski 

Nyambe.  Ayala.  Lehinhan. Bell 

Davenport.  Holtby 

Elliot.     Rothwell         Brereton 

Armstrong. 

He'd better not start Gallagher on the wing. Its failed pretty much everytime. Mowbray needs to start learning form his mistakes.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

He'd better not start Gallagher on the wing. Its failed pretty much everytime. Mowbray needs to start learning form his mistakes.

I would be interested in TM's rationale for this.

What is supposed to be happening/ What am I missing?(what is TM seeing) in SG's performances on the wing?

Anyway, it looked like he was holding his hamstring on Saturday....

3 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

What is supposed to be happening/ What am I missing?(what is TM seeing) in SG's performances on the wing?

I would never wish an Injury on a player but I hope he's rested just incase lol.  I like the guy as a person he's a nice guy and does try hard and I hope he moves on from here and makes it as a CENTRAL striker somewhere else 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

I would never wish an Injury on a player but I hope he's rested just incase lol.  I like the guy as a person he's a nice guy and does try hard and I hope he moves on from here and makes it as a CENTRAL striker somewhere else 

I was disappointed, when we signed him.

I was boycotting for most of the insulting Coyle season and missed SG's (possible) good period. I only started attending again with the Burton away game....so my SG expectations were low....

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I was boycotting for most of the insulting Coyle season and missed SG's (possible) good period. I only started attending again with the Burton away game....so may SG expectations were low....

He was okay.. nothing special under coyle and when we heard we were re signing him again I was like you and a bit disappointed with it as I don't rate him and I don't think he will ever become a big player. I feel he's going to be a bit part player in the championship or an okay player in leagues 1 and 2

• Like 1

Just now, AdamRochina said:

He was okay.. nothing special under coyle and when we heard we were re signing him again I was like you and a bit disappointed with it as I don't rate him and I don't think he will ever become a big player. I feel he's going to be a bit part player in the championship or an okay player in leagues 1 and 2

...worth the money then....

12 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I was boycotting for most of the insulting Coyle season and missed SG's (possible) good period. I only started attending again with the Burton away game....so my SG expectations were low....

He was a completely different player playing centrally with actual wingers. Hence why he scored 12 goals. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

Think Downing, Trybull, Bell and Brereton, will play, Holtby, Johnson, Douglas and Gallagher will be placed on the bench. Thats what I would do after last two games disappointing performerances.

Dack to come on early in the second half if game does not go Rovers way.

Kaminski

Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Bell

Downing, Trybull, Rothwell

Eliott, Armstrong, Brereton

Edited by neophox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Not time to win yet.  We have gone from 2 to 7 points back of a playoff spot, I think when we get to about 11-12 back we will start winning again to solidify our mid table comfort.  It is absolutely galling what goes on here get within a win the fade over and over and over.  Gifting games over and over and over. 

We need to perform alot better than last two games to pick any points tonight. Hoepfully some changes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Well Mowbray thinks Hudds style will suit as they will attack us and leave holes. Hopefully he's right. 

The problem with that seems to be that we fill those holes, then work the ball back to our defence, give the ball away, they score. 

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

1295456460_Pre-MatchReportHuddersfield.thumb.png.5195511058ce717b16b51a2a8ce6bce1.png

Some HTAFC vs BRFC goal period data, might be useful for those looking at a little bet also.

Well, there you have it, Mogga's pre-match talk must be inspiring! We only get going for the last half hour, probably when we're behind. Suggests we do indeed set out not to lose, rather than set out to win eh @DaveyB

52 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

If we carry on with Mowbray, eventually, that will be what we want

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath. He’s yet to learn from any of his mistakes. He’s not learnt from the failing 4-3-3, he’s not learnt from playing Gallagher on the wing, he’s not learnt from Douglas making errors every single game, has he even learnt from playing Bennett. When he’s fit I can just see him going straight in at the expense of a better player, probably nyambe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

He's a doubt, so hopefully he is rested for tonight's game.

This is the first match I'm debating whether to pay or not. I think I will wait and see the starting 11 and make a judgement then. If Gallagher is plonked on the wing again / he continues with Douglas then I think I'll give it a miss.

Will it be the end of the Mowbray 'death spiral'? I'm not holding my breath. 

The away match to Huddersfield at the same time last season was in the middle of a poor run (3 points from 6 matches). Good away day, shocking performance, and the last time I was at a game with my Dad and Brother.

I’d love it if we threw caution into the wind and attacked Huddersfield from the kick off as if we have to score 7. Even if we concede just keep going. Intricate passes or long balls, couldn’t care as long as it’s going forward. 

But I suspect we’ll be subjected to a death by a thousand pointless defensive passes and long range shots. As per usual. 

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

1295456460_Pre-MatchReportHuddersfield.thumb.png.5195511058ce717b16b51a2a8ce6bce1.png

Some HTAFC vs BRFC goal period data, might be useful for those looking at a little bet also.

So basically the first half is pretty much a write off for us and we only start kicking into life in the last 30mins of games.

19 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath. He’s yet to learn from any of his mistakes. He’s not learnt from the failing 4-3-3, he’s not learnt from playing Gallagher on the wing, he’s not learnt from Douglas making errors every single game, has he even learnt from playing Bennett. When he’s fit I can just see him going straight in at the expense of a better player, probably nyambe. 

Yer I know, I'm not holding my breath. Don't even know why I said it to be honest. Too much chocolate, beer and snacks over Xmas. Gone to my head.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

The problem is Mowbray will not learn from his mistakes, because he doesn't believe they are mistakes.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

So basically the first half is pretty much a write off for us and we only start kicking into life in the last 30mins of games.

21 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Yer I know, I'm not holding my breath. Don't even know why I said it to be honest. Too much chocolate, beer and snacks over Xmas. Gone to my head.

• Like 1