BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

Theres absolutely no chance of Gerrard leaving on the back of breaking a chain of Celtic league titles and ahead of Champions League football.

That being said, we should be looking at managers with a bit of imagination and/or ambition and if we get a couple of rejections along the way, so be it.

The notion that Mowbray is the best we can do is simply untrue.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Theres absolutely no chance of Gerrard leaving on the back of breaking a chain of Celtic league titles and ahead of Champions League football.

That being said, we should be looking at managers with a bit of imagination and/or ambition and if we get a couple of rejections along the way, so be it.

The notion that Mowbray is the best we can do is simply untrue.

Is Stewart Downing doing his badges?

if Waggott is leaving at the end of the season hopefully we will have his successor in place before he goes. who we get is open but hopefully someone with footballing background and experience. 

I can't see Gerrard leaving Rangers where he will win the league there this season and get champions League next season. He will take over from Klopp in a few years time. 

When the time comes to replace Mowbray I hope we interview a few potential managers and look at the structure of football side of the club. Look at appointing Sporting Director then allow him and CEO to bring in head coach. 

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

if Waggott is leaving at the end of the season hopefully we will have his successor in place before he goes. who we get is open but hopefully someone with footballing background and experience. 

I can't see Gerrard leaving Rangers where he will win the league there this season and get champions League next season. He will take over from Klopp in a few years time. 

When the time comes to replace Mowbray I hope we interview a few potential managers and look at the structure of football side of the club. Look at appointing Sporting Director then allow him and CEO to bring in head coach. 

I very much doubt there will be any serious forward planning or succession plan in place even if Waggott is leaving the club in the summer.

As far as I'm concerned him and Mowbray should be sacked at the same time and replaced with much better as I don't think Waggott has done a good job in any sense of the word in his 3 years + at the club. Do you think he has done a good job and if so in what way?

As for succession as it was Mowbray who got the owners to bring Waggott in who he knew from Coventry I very much doubt Venkys are poring through CVs as we speak identifying a suitable replacement. They'll just sit and wait for applications to come in then either promote from within or just abolish the job (we had no CEO from 2011-17). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I very much doubt there will be any serious forward planning or succession plan in place even if Waggott is leaving the club in the summer.

As far as I'm concerned him and Mowbray should be sacked at the same time and replaced with much better as I don't think Waggott has done a good job in any sense of the word in his 3 years + at the club. Do you think he has done a good job and if so in what way?

As for succession as it was Mowbray who got the owners to bring Waggott in who he knew from Coventry I very much doubt Venkys are poring through CVs as we speak identifying a suitable replacement. They'll just sit and wait for applications to come in then either promote from within or just abolish the job (we had no CEO from 2011-17). 

Mowbray has said he had no part in Rovers owners bringing in Waggott as CEO so how can you say it was Mowbray suggestion to the owners to bring him in. 

Venkys will need to bring in a replacement for Waggott before anything is done about Mowbray whether you believe he should stay or go. I have spoken about having a Sporting Director/head coach structure in the past and its something I think Rovers should look at seriously bringing in. I have suggestions potential replacements for Mowbray successor and I still believe in giving him the season and review in the summer. 

I don't have any communication with Waggott since he has come to the club as I have no reason to have. I ain't a business client or do have access to the Rovers board

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we don't have that many ex Boro people at the club. 

The way you and some others talk you would think we have loads. Simple we don't

56 points in 2020 is appealing though yes? 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18057490.mowbray-can-feel-anxiety-disenchantment-rovers-fans/

I don’t want be a burden, well Tony you have been for 12 months, it’s time to walk away with your head high.

6 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

56 points in 2020 is appealing though yes? 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18057490.mowbray-can-feel-anxiety-disenchantment-rovers-fans/

I don’t want be a burden, well Tony you have been for 12 months, it’s time to walk away with your head high.

already explained the reason why using the 2020 is wrong like a global pandemic going on. 

Mowbray hasn't been a burden to Rovers or Club. Maybe you prefer the club to be in mess it was before. Just be careful what you wish for. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

Pears, Downing, Venus, Mowbray, Ayala, I’d also stick Bennett in any clear out too.

To tell you the truth, I am not bothered where anyone hails from. I judge more on what someone is contributing to our club at the moment. A good kick up the arse is deserved in most quarters of our club at the present time. As an aside one of the few areas that should not be judged at the moment, is the fans, as at present they have very little input to the club.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2021 at 14:48, Stuart said:

In reality it will boil down to when Mowbray feels he has made enough coin to get his kids through university and for a very comfortable retirement.

How old is Mowbray's son?

Might be a decent punt for next manager. Keep the family dynasty going.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

already explained the reason why using the 2020 is wrong like a global pandemic going on. 

Thing is you may have given your reason for why 2020 isn't a good year to use but your reasoning is to put it bluntly, wrong! It's untrue, it's false, it is not factually or logically correct. 

1) The global pandemic impacts ALL clubs. (The clue is in the global part...) It's not as though Rovers are the only team affected by it.

2) Combined with point 1, many clubs seem to have done alright in the pandemic. Liverpool were still awarded the Premier League, Leeds the Championship - these things didn't not happen because of the pandemic. Closer to home Stoke, Boro and Reading have all turned round their fortunes within a global pandemic. All of this evidence proves success was possible in a pandemic. 

3) What are said effects that have made it harder for Rovers rather than others? Empty stadiums, less spending power? Given bigger clubs have tightened their belts if anything this may have levelled the playing field a bit financially. Or perhaps the pandemic didn't allow for squad changes to be made? Surely a club with a manager in post for 4 years may have had more pieces in place than those who have had less time? I struggle to see how pandemic effects make it specifically worse for Rovers.

Mowbray hasn't been a burden to Rovers or Club. Maybe you prefer the club to be in mess it was before. Just be careful what you wish for. 

Yes I am sure that said poster is longing for us to be even more chaotic and struggling even more. Top of their wish list. 

Also the idea that the only options are Mowbray or mess if a false dichotomy. There are other options as well as those two choices.

Appreciate you probably mean to say it could be worse if TM goes (not that you would ever take anything literally) but it has to be acknowledged those aren't the only 2 options on the table. 

• Like 4

On 24/01/2021 at 01:44, SoldierMo said:

We really should go all out and get the Barnsley manager in with better players he would be perfect.  The fitness levels of Barnsley is probably the best in the championship

Been saying this for a while, this team is punching well above its weight.. he's definitely a poor man's Bielsa

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/01/2021 at 10:09, chaddyrovers said:

we don't have that many ex Boro people at the club. 

The way you and some others talk you would think we have loads. Simple we don't

Just seen this, really chaddy? compared with any other club for example?...............