BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

On the Venkys appointment of managers, I'm not so sure that it is quite as terrible as some make out.

Kean was of course dreadful and the damage he did is still no way near close to being repaired. Berg was a very odd appointment that I think was made because of the success he had as a player and they hoped it would get the fans back on side.

Since then though with the exception of Coyle (who was a terrible) I would say that the appointments haven't been bad ones. 

Appleton has shown since leaving Rovers that he is a capable manager. The Rovers job was the wrong job at the wrong time for him, he was a young manager who inherited a mess that had been on a downward spiral and had some terrible characters in the dressing room. I think to expect much from him straight away was asking a lot but given time he could have done a decent job, as he has done since at Oxford and now Lincoln.

Bowyer was a sensible appointment who steadied a ship that had been sinking for a good few years and got rid of the bad characters and built a good side. The problem with Bowyer was similar to the one we have now with Mowbray, he took the club to a certain level but didn't have the nous to take to the next level and the owners stuck with him for too long.

Lambert when appointed hardly any thought was a bad appointment, he had a very successful spell at Norwich and then did decently at Villa in the Premiership.

Mowbray like Bowyer was a steady sensible appointment who although failed to keep us up did bring us back up and has made us a steady mid table team but like with Bowyer we now need a change to take us to the next level.

• Like 4

I really, really, really do not like Nigel Pearson. 

He is an absolute prick IMO. I do not want to get into an online argument about it. I just want to register my voice and this is the only place I can.

The man is a turd. Just watch his interviews and the clips of him choking a player. He is an obnoxious bully and clearly a total fucking looney too. As a personality I think he irritates me more than Owen Coyle. At least Coyle was pre-dominantly just thick and incompetent. Pearson is unhinged and bizarrely aggressive. If Pearson was appointed as my boss I would be handing in my resignation.

We have already had the ordeal of having a total arsehole running our club. I do not want to go through it again. I accept Pearson may not be a corrupt liar like the previous rat we once had in charge, but he is a similarly dislikable man. 

Nigel Pearson is just about the only possibility I can think of that would make me prefer sticking with Mowbray. 

Eddie Howe, btw, would be an appointment I was absolutely delighted with. If he were to be interested it beggars belief that anyone could consider sticking with Mowbray as manager. 

Likewise, Alex Neil and the scores of other managers that might be interested would be infinitely preferable to sticking with the Mowbray project. How difficult can it be to pick up the phone to some agents and find out who would be interested? 

Just not to Pearson, please!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RoverInverness said:

I really, really, really do not like Nigel Pearson. 

He is an absolute prick IMO. I do not want to get into an online argument about it. I just want to register my voice and this is the only place I can.

The man is a turd. Just watch his interviews and the clips of him choking a player. He is an obnoxious bully and clearly a total fucking looney too. As a personality I think he irritates me more than Owen Coyle. At least Coyle was pre-dominantly just thick and incompetent. Pearson is unhinged and bizarrely aggressive. If Pearson was appointed as my boss I would be handing in my resignation.

We have already had the ordeal of having a total arsehole running our club. I do not want to go through it again. I accept Pearson may not be a corrupt liar like the previous rat we once had in charge, but he is a similarly dislikable man. 

Nigel Pearson is just about the only possibility I can think of that would make me prefer sticking with Mowbray. 

Eddie Howe, btw, would be an appointment I was absolutely delighted with. If he were to be interested it beggars belief that anyone could consider sticking with Mowbray as manager. 

Likewise, Alex Neil and the scores of other managers that might be interested would be infinitely preferable to sticking with the Mowbray project. How difficult can it be to pick up the phone to some agents and find out who would be interested? 

Just not to Pearson, please!

Pearson set the foundations to get Leicester that premier league title.

But you'd rather stick with Mowbray?

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Pearson set the foundations to get Leicester that premier league title.

But you'd rather stick with Mowbray?

Sorry, I just think he is a horrible man.

I appreciate others don’t see it like this, but I don’t actually understand how anyone can listen to him and not take an intense dislike to him.

Please don’t take that as a measure of being satisfied with Mowbray though.

Also - I thought the foundation of Leicester’s title win was the discovery and subsequent respectful re-burial of the remains of Richard III?? Did I miss something??

• Like 1

Pearson needs time and a 'hands off' approach. At Leicester is paid off in incredible fashion because they stuck with him after a failed play-off campaign and left him to get on with it with trusted henchmen Shakespeare and Walsh. Where he hasn't had time or hands off approach like Derby and Watford it has blown up quickly. It 'could' work here as we have a very much 'hands off' structure however it seems that to get investment or support the manager needs to traipse off to India to talk to Mr and Mrs Desai. I somehow can't see Pearson doing that.

I think it would be a bloodbath but he wouldn't cling on and hang about. He'd just walk out very quickly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoverInverness said:

Sorry, I just think he is a horrible man.

I appreciate others don’t see it like this, but I don’t actually understand how anyone can listen to him and not take an intense dislike to him.

Please don’t take that as a measure of being satisfied with Mowbray though.

Also - I thought the foundation of Leicester’s title win was the discovery and subsequent respectful re-burial of the remains of Richard III?? Did I miss something??

But can he organise a defence?

54 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Pearson needs time and a 'hands off' approach. At Leicester is paid off in incredible fashion because they stuck with him after a failed play-off campaign and left him to get on with it with trusted henchmen Shakespeare and Walsh. Where he hasn't had time or hands off approach like Derby and Watford it has blown up quickly. It 'could' work here as we have a very much 'hands off' structure however it seems that to get investment or support the manager needs to traipse off to India to talk to Mr and Mrs Desai. I somehow can't see Pearson doing that.

I think it would be a bloodbath but he wouldn't cling on and hang about. He'd just walk out very quickly.

1) I think it is worth the risk as he is a good manager and may be able to hold it together in a once a year sort of thing. Surely he has to do that even in a hands off club like Leicester?

2) if it does go south I would LOVE to be in that meeting between Venkys and Pearson. Maybe he gives them a few home truths. 

This is beginning to sound like a plan without any drawbacks. The job he did at Watford was very good imo. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

My list would be.. 

1. Howe

2. Ismael

3. Pearson

4. Niell 

5. Wagner

6. Hughes

7. Ainsworth

In that order.. Deffo not Monk

Great list albeit I probably wouldn't want Hughes on there as the past few years he has been very hit and miss. But would still prefer him to TM. 

Had we moved a bit sooner we could have had McCarthy or Grayson both of whom were available. The latter may seem.a bit of a risk but 4 promotions and having worked for some batnuts owners before is nothing to be sniffed at and is preferable to TM and his genius ideas. Being an ex Rover and familiar with the club may help as well. A bit of a risk given his last couple of jobs haven't worked out but a gamble I would have taken over TM. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

pearson is an aggresive fellow as he was an aggresive player,there would be no slow build with him,sadly he would`nt work with the current behind the scenes set up,he`d be wanting to jettison at least half the squad within a week of arriving and if he could`nt do it his way,he`d be off,kind of like a lambert situation but more violent

• Like 4

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

pearson is an aggresive fellow as he was an aggresive player,there would be no slow build with him,sadly he would`nt work with the current behind the scenes set up,he`d be wanting to jettison at least half the squad within a week of arriving and if he could`nt do it his way,he`d be off,kind of like a lambert situation but more violent

It wouldn't be boring though.

11 hours ago, Athlete said:

The subject of successor is imo irrelevant unless waggott is potted as well TMs bullet proof

I'd suggest that Waggot, like all the ones that were in his position (or similar) before him have no real power. 

Its Venkys that call the shots, it just about which agent has their ear at the time.

13 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

You son are an ostrich

• Like 1