BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cant argue with your analysis of the various choices made through the game. I would never make the decision based solely on one game but ultimately many of the issues raised were further examples of the nonsensical choices that Mowbray often makes.

I do think looking back that we were all perhaps (to varying degrees) misled by the scorelines against Wycombe, Derby, Coventry and Preston, 3 of which we played against 10 men for much of that time. Even during that period, we never got good enough results to break into the top 6 after the third game in, so it was always based on an assumption that if we persisted with that consistent system for long enough, we might challenge the top 6 which obviously has never materialised. The one time prior (admittedly in League 1) that we could be confident about getting results regularly was based on consistent selections, square pegs in square holes and familiarity. His new attempts seem based on a flawed perception of possession, over thinking and at times total confusion.

I think even when we was performing slighty better, we still had that unhealthy reliance on the goals of Armstrong. Its during the leaner spells that all strikers go through whereby you really notice how flaky the contributions of the supporting cast are. We marvelled over the likes of Holtby, Rothwell, Dolan (he is a kid who burst onto the scene then soon faded so no blame towards him) and based on the lowest of benchmarks, Brereton and their performances when we ran riot v 10 men but ultimately their contributions this season are again minimal, even when much of the time the side has been built to suit them.

The one of the biggest problem this season is us not being into stadiums and seeing games live in our normal world. 

Yes you make a fair point is maybe we were misled by those performances and score lines. 

I am very disappointed by Rothwell recent performances and I don't know why he has drop again. I like the player and he has the talent but we aren't seeing it enough. 

I also think Dolan should have been used more with his pace and skill. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

The one of the biggest problem this season is us not being into stadiums and seeing games live in our normal world. 

Yes you make a fair point is maybe we were misled by those performances and score lines. 

I am very disappointed by Rothwell recent performances and I don't know why he has drop again. I like the player and he has the talent but we aren't seeing it enough. 

I also think Dolan should have been used more with his pace and skill. 

For Mowbray, the fact that there are no fans considering the stagnation is probably a lucky reprieve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't Pasha and Cheston got Mowbray the meeting in Pune after our relegation? 

Also is Pasha, Slivester, Cheston and Waggott all backing Mowbray still?

Who knows? I thought Pasha had withdrawn from day-to-day activity at Rovers. Waggott is said to be considering his position. I have no idea how true that is.

I suspect that Sharpe's article was late because he was waiting for the nod from the club. It was certainly a shot across the bows, to get in another cliche.

In India, I assume, but don't know, that Mr Balaji Rao likes Mowbray and supports him still. The others seem to be prepared to indulge Mr Balaji Rao's enthusiams' a little longer. Considering they've liquidated every other 'enthusiasm', we're either the exception that proves the rule or destined for the chop. I think we're exceptional.

Perhaps the Barnsley game is a must win for Mowbray. Previously, when he's needed a result, he has got it.

Even were the Board to recommend that Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson did get the chop, that's no guarantee that Mrs Desai would sanction it or that any change would be limited to those 4. The first team train with the U23s , so there would be coaches present.

Venkys have been forced to spend money on the pitch. That counts as rocking the boat. We're back in their view, under their scrutiny. Do Venkys want promotion this season or not? Venkys would have to consult to take into account the views of their investors and the State Bank of India that holds all of their loans.

One thing is for sure and that is that those in the know (and I don't, just to be clear) will not say anything until the matter is resolved one way or another.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

For Mowbray, the fact that there are no fans considering the stagnation is probably a lucky reprieve.

who knows? Plenty of fans out there still supporting Mowbray. Facebook groups, twitter groups, etc. 

Me and a group of friends who attend Rovers games prior to the lockdown in March have a what's app group and we discuss Rovers issues. They were quite of alot of angry over the player performance on Friday, Mowbray tactics, treatment of Gallagher, some signings made this season, plus the tactics. Some of us are undecided on Mowbray and his future, couple want change of manager. 

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Who knows? I thought Pasha had withdrawn from day-to-day activity at Rovers. Waggott is said to be considering his position. I have no idea how true that is.

Why do you think Pasha has withdrawn from day to day activity at Rovers? 

a couple of people on here have said Waggott is retiring but nothing official has been said. 

Cheston and Slivester are still here and working in the same roles for years now 

suspect that Sharpe's article was late because he was waiting for the nod from the club. It was certainly a shot across the bows, to get in another cliche.

I don't see Sharpe's article has anything but an article. The club wouldnt tell him thats sort of stuff

3 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

In India, I assume, but don't know, that Mr Balaji Rao likes Mowbray and supports him still. The others seem to be prepared to indulge Mr Balaji Rao's enthusiams' a little longer. Considering they've liquidated every other 'enthusiasm', we're either the exception that proves the rule or destined for the chop. I think we're exceptional.

I think Mrs D is the major person who makes the decision regarding funding of Rovers

5 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Even were the Board to recommend that Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson did get the chop, that's no guarantee that Mrs Desai would sanction it or that any change would be limited to those 4. The first team train with the U23s , so there would be coaches present.

I don't see Venkys getting rid of the staff at the under 23 or 18 level. 

5 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Venkys have been forced to spend money on the pitch. That counts as rocking the boat. We're back in their view, under their scrutiny. Do Venkys want promotion this season or not? Venkys would have to consult to take into account the views of their investors and the State Bank of India that holds all of their loans.

I don't believe Venkys have been forced into spending money on the pitch but Mowbray and Waggott have asked the owners to invest in a complete and utter new pitch which they have granted. 

Venkys want promotion 

on the debt, I don't know enough about it but all the debt is with Venkys London Limited not Rovers is my understand

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who knows? Plenty of fans out there still supporting Mowbray. Facebook groups, twitter groups, etc. 

Me and a group of friends who attend Rovers games prior to the lockdown in March have a what's app group and we discuss Rovers issues. They were quite of alot of angry over the player performance on Friday, Mowbray tactics, treatment of Gallagher, some signings made this season, plus the tactics. Some of us are undecided on Mowbray and his future, couple want change of manager. 

I hardly think that he would have been under severe stick with people getting out the bed sheets to scrawl Mowbray Out on them, but there would have been some moans, groans and boos. My point was that he is in a bubble at the moment (as is any under performing manager) whereby the poor results and performances are not causing any audible criticism to him. Venkys dont care enough to notice what is going on at games, anyway, hence their inability to turn up for years and years and their ignorance during the Kean era.

Also, the debt is owed by Rovers to Venkys London Limited. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why do you think Pasha has withdrawn from day to day activity at Rovers? 

a couple of people on here have said Waggott is retiring but nothing official has been said. 

Cheston and Slivester are still here and working in the same roles for years now 

I don't see Sharpe's article has anything but an article. The club wouldnt tell him thats sort of stuff

I think Mrs D is the major person who makes the decision regarding funding of Rovers

I don't see Venkys getting rid of the staff at the under 23 or 18 level. 

I don't believe Venkys have been forced into spending money on the pitch but Mowbray and Waggott have asked the owners to invest in a complete and utter new pitch which they have granted. 

Venkys want promotion 

on the debt, I don't know enough about it but all the debt is with Venkys London Limited not Rovers is my understand

I read that Pasha had been withdrawn in the LT. Yeah, gullible me.

Yeah, I take those Waggott rumours with a large grain of salt. Distraction tactics.

Yes, I know that Cheston et al are still here.

Why do you think Sharpe's article appeared later than usual after a match?

Does Mrs Desai make funding decisions alone or after consultation? It's not clear from what you said. 'Major' implies discussion; the rest of your sentence implies sole decision making.

Venkys may have planned on making changes to the U23s and U18s in the summer that would now be brought forward.

Oh, showing the state  f the pitch live on Sky forced their hand.

Can't say I've seen evidence that Venkys want promotion. A left back sent back to the club he came from and a couple of loanees. No cash splashed out on bringing in a bigger name (relatively speaking). After Brereton and Gallagher, I can't say that is a surprise.

Yes, I am well aware that Venkys London Limited is the immediate source of our funding. To clarify, all the loans outstanding against the Venkys Group are held by the State Bank of India.

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

I read that Pasha had been withdrawn in the LT. Yeah, gullible me.

Yeah, I take those Waggott rumours with a large grain of salt. Distraction tactics.

Yes, I know that Cheston et al are still here.

Not seen that article. 

Crooke will asked Waggott about the retirement stories in his up coming conversation with him?

Why do you think Sharpe's article appeared later than usual after a match?

Who cares? 

No one at Ewood would leak him that sort of story imo. 

Does Mrs Desai make funding decisions alone or after consultation? It's not clear from what you said. 'Major' implies discussion; the rest of your sentence implies sole decision making.

Venkys may have planned on making changes to the U23s and U18s in the summer that would now be brought forward.

I think its Mrs D and Mr D who make the decisions on the financial side. 

I don't see Venkys getting involved in changes with under 23's and 18's staff. 

Oh, showing the state  f the pitch live on Sky forced their hand.

wasn't the funding for the pitch already authorised before the Preston game? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not seen that article. 

Crooke will asked Waggott about the retirement stories in his up coming conversation with him?

Who cares? 

No one at Ewood would leak him that sort of story imo. 

I think its Mrs D and Mr D who make the decisions on the financial side. 

I don't see Venkys getting involved in changes with under 23's and 18's staff. 

wasn't the funding for the pitch already authorised before the Preston game? 

Thanks for the information @chaddyrovers and the clarifications provided, especially Crooke's upcoming conversation with Waggott. Is there a released date as to when that conversation will happen?

I don't see Sharpe's Stagnation article as having any leaks in there. I'm pleased to see that you don't see the club thinking that it is contentious in any way. 

The assumption I make with regards to Venkys  is that the status quo is approved automatically, any proposed change needs approval. I'd think it unusual, if there wasn't change in the staffing at those levels. People want to advance their careers.

I would think that the urgency with which the pitch needs replacing would not have been realised. Mowbray's had the team training on the pitch for several weeks, now. That didn't do the pitch any favours.

19 hours ago, booth said:

You have to wonder if they even know they can get a big pile of cash for getting in the PL.

They don't seem to need it though and i think that might be part of the problem. The club does, it could be the major reset needed but they seem so comfortable filtering 15 mill per season over here it's almost like it's the only reason they continue to own it.

The lack of ever showing any real urgency to go at it with gusto or recruit a board, manager etc with any pedigree screams they aren't that bothered.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Preston Game. 

Playing Gallagher at right back was a joke and his treatment of him in the game and the position he was asked played was wrong.. Or even a right winger is now getting stupid now. Bringing Brereton with 5 mins was too late. Why bring on Harwood Bellis 10 minutes after subbing Nyambe? why not bring him in place of Nyambe in the first place. 

Our performance in that game wasn't good enough and we were awful tbh. 

That's true but there was nothing special about that Preston game. It was typical of games we've seen for 2 years now.

And there will be more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

I suggest you ask Mark Hughes who is on his team. Do I look like your personal assistant? I read an article many years ago. I found the sum amusing. You're more than welcome to do your own research.

Thought you knew who was on his team. 

Hughes would know he ain't getting 5 mil a year now. His sights would have lower down

Listened to a podcast called Open Goal the other day with Clint Hill as guest and got an interesting insight into Mark Hughes' man management or lack of at QPR. It seems that the dressing room was split into 2, the team that got them promoted and big money signings but Hughes had nothing about him to the extent that in the first season, they stayed up motivated by a mutual bond in their dislike of him!

• Like 1

At this point id take D Johnson as caretaker until the end of the season, he knows the young players well and how to get the best out of them (unless whoevers running the club these days has a Trump card up their sleeve!)

I think sadly Mark Hughes is now well passed his best and is now in a similar category as Mowbray as a manager (that said he's still worth a punt, maybe his recent break from the game has rejuvenated him)

We need a relatively young hungry manager/coach with fresh ideas, good man management skills and some bloody charisma about him!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

At this point id take D Johnson as caretaker until the end of the season, he knows the young players well and how to get the best out of them (unless whoevers running the club these days has a Trump card up their sleeve!)

I think sadly Mark Hughes is now well passed his best and is now in a similar category as Mowbray as a manager (that said he's still worth a punt, maybe his recent break from the game has rejuvenated him)

We need a relatively young hungry manager/coach with fresh ideas, good man management skills and some bloody charisma about him!

i like Johnno but he's unfortunately tarred with the Mowbray/Venus brush for me. He's down as " first team coach " on the staff list. You'd think they'd were just a group of blokes who'd met up on the carpark at Ewood before getting on the coach.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

i like Johnno but he's unfortunately tarred with the Mowbray/Venus brush for me. He's down as " first team coach " on the staff list. You'd think they'd were just a group of blokes who'd met up on the carpark at Ewood before getting on the coach.

I agree. As and when the time does come, it needs someone fresh to shake the place up and inject some urgency.