BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

Contacting anyone at the club will be a waste of time, even Waggott doesn't have the power to recommend sacking Mowbray or even suggesting it.  It will be Venky's who make that decision and as has been proven time and again, they are very loyal to people that they trust and they trust TM.  

The only way that TM will leave before the end of the season is if he decides to walkaway.

How do Venkys decide when to change manager and who will be advising them on this? 

I have always said that Waggott had no power in sacking Mowbray or any other manager. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do Venkys decide when to change manager and who will be advising them on this? 

I have always said that Waggott had no power in sacking Mowbray or any other manager. 

They still have advisors (not employed by the club) who they listen too, previousy this was likes of Kentaro, Zahavi etc, no idea who the current flavour of the month is.  Therein is the problem, if they sack TM which I don;t think they will, it will be those advisors that they will listen too when appointing a replacement, hence in the past we have ended up with duds like Coyle, often the people advising them are more about self interest rather than what is good for the future of the club,

If Wagott doesn't even have the power to suggest or recommend a change in manager, is he really worthy of being described as a CEO?

Just my opinion but I think making/recommending major decisions that directly determine the performance and success of the club, such as a managerial change, is an integral aspect of being "chief executive" of a football club. 

If he can't even suggest a change as it isnt in his remit or he's afraid of being axed if he does or he's too cosy with his mate to consider it then what is the point in him being here? 

5 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

They still have advisors (not employed by the club) who they listen too, previousy this was likes of Kentaro, Zahavi etc, no idea who the current flavour of the month is.  Therein is the problem, if they sack TM which I don;t think they will, it will be those advisors that they will listen too when appointing a replacement, hence in the past we have ended up with duds like Coyle, often the people advising them are more about self interest rather than what is good for the future of the club,

Thankyou for the reply. 

Why won't they listen to Waggott or Slivester who employed by the club? 

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If Wagott doesn't even have the power to suggest or recommend a change in manager, is he really worthy of being described as a CEO?

Just my opinion but I think making/recommending major decisions that directly determine the performance and success of the club, such as a managerial change, is an integral aspect of being "chief executive" of a football club. 

If he can't even suggest a change as it isnt in his remit or he's afraid of being axed if he does or he's too cosy with his mate to consider it then what is the point in him being here? 

Somebody has to count Waggott tax

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Instead of Mowbray, I would be happy enough with Terry. I can't believe you are moralising in the world of professional football. The whole thing is a cess-pit, live with it.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Instead of Mowbray, I would be happy enough with Terry. I can't believe you are moralising in the world of professional football. The whole thing is a cess-pit, live with it.

Why whats John Terry done as a manager?Nothing because he has never been one.

Just because he was a very good centre half does not mean he will be a decent manager and like I said some of the things he is done makes it a big no from me.

• Like 1

Honestly, how can they be so stupid? They've been in charge of the club for 10 years. How have they not learnt a god damned thing in all that time?

Useless.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

In an ideal world, we'd all want Mr Squeaky Clean, regular guy, excellent coach, man manager, role model to manage us. This is not an ideal world and most people have things in their past they're not proud of now they've grown up. I dont know if Terry would be a good manager or not. I do know that Mowbray, if he ever was, isn't now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gumboots said:

In an ideal world, we'd all want Mr Squeaky Clean, regular guy, excellent coach, man manager, role model to manage us. This is not an ideal world and most people have things in their past they're not proud of now they've grown up. I dont know if Terry would be a good manager or not. I do know that Mowbray, if he ever was, isn't now.

There are far better options out there than John Terry who has never managed a game in his life.

Terry was a fully grown man when he was racist toward Ferdinand and all the stuff with his team mates Mrs.

I'm not asking for squeaky clean but that isn't the sort of character I want to be cheering on.Each to their own I suppose

• Like 1

It’s HSH. The shared agents of Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle and Mowbray. 

We went into more detail on our show last night. Available on demand, just select PODCAST from the menu...

https://roversradio.airtime.pro/#

18 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Honestly, how can they be so stupid? They've been in charge of the club for 10 years. How have they not learnt a god damned thing in all that time?

Useless.

Or they just aren’t that bothered? 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Why whats John Terry done as a manager?Nothing because he has never been one.

Just because he was a very good centre half does not mean he will be a decent manager and like I said some of the things he is done makes it a big no from me.

No one has ever done anything, until they have done it. I am saying, would prefer John Terry to Mowbray as our manager now. If you wouldn't so be it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My Shortlist would be

1. Danny Cowley

2. Mark Hughes(if he is up for the championship fight and willing to return to Rovers)

3. David Artell

4. Damien Johnson

5. Gary Rowett

Interview all 5 and pick the best one for the job

Would you not prefer the club to be a little more imaginative, you look where teams like Reading, Brentford, Barnsley, Norwich all getting talented managers from Europe and even Swansea. I appreciate that we have limited knowledge of managers across the world but surely there is more than this to choose from?

If we could get in someone like Nigel Pearson, then by all means do, someone with a genuine track record like Warnock, McCarthy and Hughton. There are a select few managers who do a very good job in almost every job they do and those types are like gold dust. 

Damien Johnson is 100% a no from me, no experience and an internal appointment, see Woodgate, Holden and Tindall as examples. We need fresh ideas. Rowett would surely not be interested and Hughes seems a nostalgic pick. 

• Backroom
53 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Duncan Ferguson for me, unluckily not to get the Everton job after a good caretaker role.

Doesnt like losing, born winner.

That's a good shout and someone I hadn't thought of. He'd be on my shortlist too 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

There are far better options out there than John Terry who has never managed a game in his life.

Terry was a fully grown man when he was racist toward Ferdinand and all the stuff with his team mates Mrs.

I'm not asking for squeaky clean but that isn't the sort of character I want to be cheering on.Each to their own I suppose

I wasn't saying I'd want Terry. Never liked him since back in the days when he played for England U21s and I met him briefly. Thought then he was arrogant and not very pleasant. And, like you, I dont know if he'd stand a chance of being any good. I just think that looking round football and football management, a lot of them haven't covered themselves with glory on the moral front and seem unpleasant types. I wouldn't be cheering for their moral standards but for their ability to get results on a football pitch. I know its hard to separate the 2, and I understand your reservations about Terry totally. Would I want him. Probably not. Not on any grounds, but do I think he'd come here in the unlikely situation of Mowbray's sacking.? Probably not.

Edited by gumboots

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

It’s HSH. The shared agents of Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle and Mowbray. 

We went into more detail on our show last night. Available on demand, just select PODCAST from the menu...

https://roversradio.airtime.pro/#

I'll try to have a listen this PM Duncan, but who is in their 'stable' at the minute?

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I'll try to have a listen this PM Duncan, but who is in their 'stable' at the minute?

If Mowbray was potted tomorrow, I’d place big money on it being Pulis. He’s out of work currently and not only have Venky’s previously baulked at paying compensation, HSH would obviously rather fix up one of their men than just move one from one role to another.

Other names are:

Steve Cooper - we aren’t going to tempt him away from Swansea.

Mark Robins - his stock is currently rising. Despite the argument I’ve had on Facebook last night we’d be a big step up from Cov. 

The rest are pretty uninspiring... Dean Keats, Gary Holt, Craig Bellamy, Sami Hyypia are all in various coaching or director of football roles. Oh, and there’s Paul Jewell too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The rest are pretty uninspiring... Dean Keats, Gary Holt, Craig Bellamy, Sami Hyypia are all in various coaching or director of football roles. Oh, and there’s Paul Jewell too.

Cheers Duncan. I'm far from Pulis' biggest fan, he wouldn't be on my shortlist, but he'd be a big upgrade on Mowbray IMO.

But Paul Jewell - good left field shout of appointing the most random one of the lot.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1