BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

14 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

We will see. Iv got a feeling next appointment will be better than hat we currently have or had. Venkys are ploughing money hand over fist now in an attempt to get to the prem league, they must know they need right man for the job. Like to think lessons learned 

No evidence for any of that, to be fair.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I'd have lampard but doubt he'd drop down to championship again.

Someone like that though who uses the youth, well connected for loans and is hungry and wants to take us somewhere rather than some old bod wanting another pay day. 

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

wages and another why would he leave Manchester United 1st team coaching staff to come here. 

If he wants to be a first team manager then at some point he is going to have to leave United and in all likelihood take a wage drop. Also I doubt Michael Carrick is going to be on the bread line if he takes a wage drop, he's working in football because he obviously loves the game if he didn't want to work then he wouldn't need to do another day's work in his life. Not everything in life is about money.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The answer was a honest one. We used one agency for our managers..so discussing Manchester United first team coach as option for coming here to replace Mowbray is deluded to be frank. 

How am I hindering the search for a new manager? Is the messageboard running the search for the new manager,  talking to agent, discussing terms. No it's not. 

Mowbray is still here and likely to be so until at least end of the season. We know that Venkys like Mowbray and they dont sack people they like as @Kamy100has told the messageboard. 

Yet you recommend Danny Cowley as your first choice who isn't with that agency.

You make it up as you go along Chaddy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Simply not true. They are putting money in to keep us afloat after their poor management for a decade. And the last three managers have come from the same agency of which two of the directors are ex SEM.

No lessons learnt whatsoever.

Poor management absolutely, but they pull the plug and we don’t have a club. A necessary evil I’m afraid so best to let’s just make the best of it 

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Poor management absolutely, but they pull the plug and we don’t have a club. A necessary evil I’m afraid so best to let’s just make the best of it 

The best of what? We owe VLL nigh on £200m, we are haemorrhaging money, we are a mid table Championship club, we have lost thousands of supporters, we have no leadership etc etc.

So excuse me if I don't want to make the best of it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

They pull the plug and we go into administration. Then administators run the club and seek a buyer. 

The only circumstances in which we "don't have a club" are if nobody in the world steps forward to buy it.

Portsmouth, Leeds, Leicester, Wigan, Bradford, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Southampton have all been in administration and survived.

Anyone other than Bury not done?

We do not owe our existence to Venkys and they are not benefiting the club with their presence. Shame because they could with the money they spend but its their choice not to run it properly so no sympathy there.

I'm off to buy a house, smash it to pieces and make it derelict but I'm sure the neighbours will thank me for paying my mortgage on time.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

They pull the plug and we go into administration. Then administators run the club and seek a buyer. 

The only circumstances in which we "don't have a club" are if nobody in the world steps forward to buy it.

Portsmouth, Leeds, Leicester, Wigan, Bradford, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Southampton have all been in administration and survived.

Anyone other than Bury not done?

We do not owe our existence to Venkys and they are not benefiting the club with their presence. Shame because they could with the money they spend but its their choice not to run it properly so no sympathy there.

I'm off to buy a house, smash it to pieces and make it derelict but I'm sure the neighbours will thank me for paying my mortgage on time.

I don’t like what venkys have done to the club as much as anything, however going into administration doesn’t bear thinking about in my opinion. Who is going to want to buy into something to lose millions of pounds 

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I don’t like what venkys have done to the club as much as anything, however going into administration doesn’t bear thinking about in my opinion. Who is going to want to buy into something to lose millions of pounds 

Someone who spots an opportunity to get to the Premier League and stay there. That's why most Championship clubs have changed ownership in the last decade. They want the money and glory of the PL and getting a Championship club promoted is the way to do it.

57 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Yes. Oops.

Cowley was sacked after 9 months at Huddersfield for undisclosed reasons and from what I can see has been unemployed since.

Why would he be top of your list of potential Rovers managers? 

33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Bournemouth had a wealthy benefactor and Southampton a brilliant board who plotted a route back to the top

The problem as I see it is that if we went into administration we would kore than likely end up in League Two, like Bolton. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Bournemouth had a wealthy benefactor and Southampton a brilliant board who plotted a route back to the top

The problem as I see it is that if we went into administration we would kore than likely end up in League Two, like Bolton. 

Depends who comes in. Why wouldn't we get a wealthy owner or brilliant board with a plan?

Bournemouth and Southampton were also in League One when taken over.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Depends who comes in. Why wouldn't we get a wealthy owner or brilliant board with a plan?

Bournemouth and Southampton were also in League One when taken over.

Out of a change of manager gamble or going into administration gamble I know I’d rather just change the man at the helm. I completely understand your want for a new ownership I just can’t comprehend if it went wrong

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It's highly unlikely in the case of the former because there are far more attractive clubs than Rovers looking for investment and unlikely in the latter because there's not many clubs who have those sort of people.

Admittedly, Burnley have shown it's possible but we'd be very lucky to find people as good as them 

Going into admininstration would be huge gamble

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

Good organiser. Knows what he wants and would have the chance to get that here. We'd get promoted. Likely to be 'cheap'. As with all those on the list comes with positives and negatives.

He was sacked at Huddersfield for a reason. No one else has come in for him since. It's a long stretch to say "we would be promoted".

Sorry but no. 

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He was sacked at Huddersfield for a reason. No one else has come in for him since. It's a long stretch to say "we would be promoted".

Sorry but no. 

Manager's get sacked for a reason. Chesterfield passed on Mowbray for a reason. It's my belief that we'd be promoted were any of the 5 appointed now.

I've no vested interest in Cowley. I didn't even spell his name correctly. Of the 5, I'd go for Frank Lampard. You may have other possibilities in mind.

18 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I have a feeling that it won't take too long for Bolton to be back in the Championship with a clean slate, engaged, switched on owners and an excited, enthusiastic fanbase.  

We will probably still be floundering about in mid table, absent owners, deeper and deeper in debt with a disenchanted fan base.

Venky's will leave one day, might as well get it over with.

• Like 2