BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

I think the market is tricky if you look purely at the unemployed.

Lamport mentioned but he himself makes some strange tactical decisions although does do well with a limited budget and a young team.

Eddie Howe would be an interesting prospect having worked with a tight budget and a decent brand of football at times.

Benitez is a pipe dream but I think a chap called Bernd Storck makes for an interesting read albeit in work but wouldn't be a costly appointment. He has done the impossible many times and proving himself again in the Slovak league with underdogs.

4 hours ago, booth said:

Proactive and ambitious.

The opposite of our lot.

Was the Dean Holden appointment proactive and ambitious? They've probably made a smart move with Pearson, but they didn't exactly get it spot on from the moment they let Lee Johnson go.

Club’s make mistakes. However, most other clubs step in in good time when it’s obvious it isn’t working out - be it an inexperienced coach or a manager with years of management under his belt.

Indeed, even in the ‘good old days’, Jack and John Williams made errors or had underperforming managers - and they usually (perhaps Souness went on slightly too long, but he had a stellar track record with us to fall back on) got rid and replaced before it was too late.

In this present day vacuum it all just staggers on and on.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Club’s make mistakes. However, most other clubs step in in good time when it’s obvious it isn’t working out - be it an inexperienced coach or a manager with years of management under his belt.

Indeed, even in the ‘good old days’, Jack and John Williams made errors or had underperforming managers - and they usually (perhaps Souness went on slightly too long, but he had a stellar track record with us to fall back on) got rid and replaced before it was too late.

Yeah Souness clearly lost the plot but had a promotion a League cup and a top 6 finish to fall back on. That's a hell of a lot of equity. He corrected his Grabbi mistake with Cole and brought in a ton of gems. He was also unlucky with injuries and not because he had assembled a team of crocks. 

TM in contrast has one easier to achieve promotion and several years of meh yet seemingly has much more equity with some fans then I can recall Souness having. Which is crazy when you think about it. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I don't think I ever got the impression we moved Souness on because he was underperforming. Wasn't he poached by Newcastle? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Howe, Wagner, Ferguson and Lampard would be my top 4.
I think I read Lampard is getting paid silly money till the summer. 

Lampard still getting paid his salary until the summer. 4 million pounds a season

Howe is Palace shortlist to Hodgson in the summer

13 hours ago, JoeH said:

Was the Dean Holden appointment proactive and ambitious? They've probably made a smart move with Pearson, but they didn't exactly get it spot on from the moment they let Lee Johnson go.

Humans are not infallible. Some learn some don't. Some care some don't.

Right now the Bristol board/owners are the opposite of ours.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, but there was a big groundswell late on in 2012/13 that carried on into the early days of 13/14 that it was time for him to go and ‘Newcastle had done us a favour’.

I presume you know you've got your seasons wrong.

15 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Sad thing is i reckon Mowbray will still be here in 12 months no chance he will be going anywhere regardless of form or poor performance

That makes me want to stick my head in the gas oven. I'd better not though. I'll burn my cheeks. It's an electric oven.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Sad thing is i reckon Mowbray will still be here in 12 months no chance he will be going anywhere regardless of form or poor performance

You're probably right there. 

The only thing that might upset the cosy little routine down at Rovers is the impending catastrophe on ticket sales. Waggott has us down to 2,500 now and if Mowbray's still here I can't see many buying. Other than that it will be 'as you were' especially with no India summit meeting and Pasha still out there.

There will be no boat rocking when they've got their man doing their bidding on the ground and under contract until 2022.

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Pearson officially appointed at Bristol City. How depressing, we just trundle on under Mowbray.

We aren't brave enough to kick Mowbray off the bus and get someone like Pearson onboard. Pearson wont guarantee Bristol City a playoff chance but at least there's a fresh view on their current squad, a manager who can inject new energy, ideas into the team. We are just stale and still trying to find our "identity" with the pointless possession football shit.

It's not about football with the roas. Would a normal club keep TM after some of his losing sequences? Lest we forget TM and his cronies have just brought a 68m deal to the table. Dack and Armstrong added in and we top 100m.  It's not about results.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

It's not about football with the roas. Would a normal club keep TM after some of his losing sequences? Lest we forget TM and his cronies have just brought a 68m deal to the table. Dack and Armstrong added in and we top 100m.  It's not about results.

The 68m deal, is not a Done deal, on the table. And personally I think your valuations of Dack and Armstrong are on the high side.

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

The 68m deal, is not a Done deal, on the table. And personally I think your valuations of Dack and Armstrong are on the high side.

Dack especially. If we got £15m for Arma I’d be surprised - if we did we should bite their hands off. But right now Dack looks more like what we bought him for! Mind you some idiots valued Gallagher and Brereton as a £12m combo so who knows. Maybe we could sell them to Pune FC and loan them back?

20 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Dack especially. If we got £15m for Arma I’d be surprised - if we did we should bite their hands off. But right now Dack looks more like what we bought him for! Mind you some idiots valued Gallagher and Brereton as a £12m combo so who knows. Maybe we could sell them to Pune FC and loan them back?

If we where to get 15m for Arma, you would have to take off Newcastles percentage.